Trumpcare eliminates mental health coverage from Medicaid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trumpcare eliminates mental health coverage from Medicaid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trumpcare eliminates mental health coverage from Medicaid  (Read 2101 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »

What's really idiotic is that doing this is likely to end up costing the government as a whole more money. Of course, those added costs will end up being paid mainly by State and local governments, so it might save the Federal government a little money.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

What's really idiotic is that doing this is likely to end up costing the government as a whole more money. Of course, those added costs will end up being paid mainly by State and local governments, so it might save the Federal government a little money.

But the states will be the ones deciding whether or not to require mental health coverage, correct?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »

But the states will be the ones deciding whether or not to require mental health coverage, correct?
i don't think so. but either way this is horrendous.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »

"Asperger's" isn't a real diagnosis any more and shouldn't have been one in the first place.
I most cordially disagree.

It was an artificial division within the autism spectrum that in practice functioned as a stratification.
Wow, what the hell dude?

Care to make an actual argument to the contrary?

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was very young. I'm glad that the diagnosis is autism spectrum disorder now, and I'm much more willing to be open about it than I was before.

I was diagnosed in 1995. I'm not going to start changing the definition I'm personally comfortable with.

Just so you know though according to the DSM 5 and whatever doctor you see that diagnosis no longer exists.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »

"Asperger's" isn't a real diagnosis any more and shouldn't have been one in the first place.

It was an artificial division within the autism spectrum that in practice functioned as a stratification.
Wow, what the hell dude?

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was very young. I'm glad that the diagnosis is autism spectrum disorder now, and I'm much more willing to be open about it than I was before.

I was diagnosed in 1995. I'm not going to start changing the definition I'm personally comfortable with.

Just so you know though according to the DSM 5 and whatever doctor you see that diagnosis no longer exists.

The NHS uses ICD-10 where it remains
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »

Wow, what the hell dude?

The NHS uses ICD-10 where it remains

Interesting, but I imagine that's not going to last too long as Asperger's really is just a mild form of Autism. But if you like it that way, I don't really care, whatever floats your boat good sir! lol
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 11:35:18 PM by shua »

i don't think so. but either way this is horrendous.

My point is that if states could be convinced that mental health coverage is a cost-saving measure for them, then they could still keep coverage.  That isn't to say that they will be easy to convince.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.behavioral.net/article/policy/behavioral-health-benefits-shift-gop-plan
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »

This is pure insanity!

It literally costs more than it will save.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:10 AM »

All that I could have wanted with Asperger's is to get away with it -- to have a normal life.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »

This is pure insanity!

It literally costs more than it will save.

Good to hear a Republican saying that. Conservatism has gotten more and more heartless and hypocritical.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies