BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:08:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: BREAKING: Comey "FBI is investigating links between the Trump campaign  (Read 7860 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2017, 12:43:42 AM »

Good thing Comey is investigating, and not some special prosecutor. I'm sure we can trust the guy who got Trump elected, and Trump's choice for AG to make sure the investigation is thorough and impartial.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »

I think gamergate was a big deal in the gaming world, but I don't think it had much spillover to the political world.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »

I think gamergate was a big deal in the gaming world, but I don't think it had much spillover to the political world.

it did ..after all it gave us milo. Squinting
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:23 AM »

Good thing Comey is investigating, and not some special prosecutor. I'm sure we can trust the guy who got Trump elected, and Trump's choice for AG to make sure the investigation is thorough and impartial.

Ignoring the sarcasm, the downside of a special prosecutor is that he or she isn't subject to public disclosure rules -everything they do is done in secret if done properly-, and that if they don't find anything, we won't know about it. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »

The fact that Gamerghazi had any influence on actual politics, regardless of whether it was as significant as Beet claims or not, is absolutely abominable, considering how little influence video game industry journalism has on, well, anything other than itself. It doesn't even seem to have much influence on whether or not people buy video games!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 03:14:58 PM »

The fact that Gamerghazi had any influence on actual politics, regardless of whether it was as significant as Beet claims or not, is absolutely abominable, considering how little influence video game industry journalism has on, well, anything other than itself. It doesn't even seem to have much influence on whether or not people buy video games!
But video game reviews are important dammit an if a reviewer likes "Gone Home" an gives it a good review because the plot was about coming to terms with being gay but I found it boring then that person is a cuck who needs to be harassed
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 03:22:02 PM »

Anita Sarkeesian caused Brexit
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »

Anita Sarkeesian caused Brexit started the recession. Anita Sarkeesian is responsible for the recession.

ftfy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »

I'll confess: I had no bloody idea what Gamergate was until there was a "Brianna Wu to run..." thread.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »

I'll confess: I had no bloody idea what Gamergate was until there was a "Brianna Wu to run..." thread.

It wasn't nearly as big as those involved (on both sides) like to think it was.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »

it wasn't big if you are not a "gamer" - in the sense of reading and following videogame debates and news on boards - but if you are somehow connected to nerd culture, it was hard to look away for months and months.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:25 AM »

Although a lot of the people involved in the Trump campaign may have met with the Russian ambassador and others, it will be difficult to show that the Trump campaign had intent to let Russia run the USA should Trump win.

It's too murky to prove legally. The Trump campaign was simply not that organised.

This will end up being a Democratic excuse for losing the election.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »

even if it would hurt politically, i would propose getting to the bottom of this.

in other news...manafort is getting into even more trouble with his putin connection and flynn hasn't even signed the ethic pledge of the trump campaign.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

Trumpublicans appear to be moving to cover their cult-leader's questionable foreign entanglements:

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2017-03-22/surveillance-findings-raise-concern-about-spying-on-trump-campaign-nunes
You must be logged in to read this quote.

While the cultists are doubtless going to see this as "proof" of any and all accusations from their Apricot Antipope, let's make sure the facts are clear: Trump was working with a covert (and illegally so) agent of the Russian government who lives in the same flagship building that holds Trump's personal residence.  Complaints about the counter-intelligence community doing it's job of protecting the United States are nothing but a smokescreen to distract from the hyperkinetic refuse conflagration that is his presidency and its connections to the Russian state.

#PutHimInTheDock
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:24 PM »

Trumpublicans appear to be moving to cover their cult-leader's questionable foreign entanglements:

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2017-03-22/surveillance-findings-raise-concern-about-spying-on-trump-campaign-nunes
You must be logged in to read this quote.

While the cultists are doubtless going to see this as "proof" of any and all accusations from their Apricot Antipope, let's make sure the facts are clear: Trump was working with a covert (and illegally so) agent of the Russian government who lives in the same flagship building that holds Trump's personal residence.  Complaints about the counter-intelligence community doing it's job of protecting the United States are nothing but a smokescreen to distract from the hyperkinetic refuse conflagration that is his presidency and its connections to the Russian state.

#PutHimInTheDock

All this means is that Trump folks were talking to foreign agents or suspected of a crime.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »

Trump wouldn't be President if it wasn't for Comey. Glad Comey is finally telling the public the truth but he should have commented on the actually important Trump investigation much earlier and not Hillary Clinton's dud email scandal.
EnglishPete

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »

Trump wouldn't be President if it wasn't for Comey. Glad Comey is finally telling the public the truth but he should have commented on the actually important Trump investigation much earlier and not Hillary Clinton's dud email scandal.
What would we have said? Would he have said 'we're looking into allegations of Russian interference in the election and whether there's any evidence it was linked to the Trump campaign. So far we haven't found any?'
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

What would we have said? Would he have said 'we're looking into allegations of Russian interference in the election and whether there's any evidence it was linked to the Trump campaign. So far we haven't found any?'

Exactly what he did to Hillary.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »

Comey should resign as he lacks credibility and has lost the confidence of the public.
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/325109-poll-by-2-to-1-margin-registered-voters-reject-comey
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »

Comey should have informed the public that the Republican nominee was under FBI investigation and the public should have known that Trump was the only candidate under FBI investigation on Election Day. Or, he shouldn't have treated Trump and Clinton differently and stuck by DOJ policy in not commenting on an open investigation before an election. But of course, James Comey is a lifelong Republican, the FBI is Trumpland, and Comey was too busy looking out for his own behind and reputation. No matter the cost to the country he purports to serve.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:53 AM »

SJW are a huge problem for the left, and have been for years.

The SJW initiated the event that gave the AltRight its first mainstream momentum, the #GamerGate hastag in September 2014. #GamerGate did to games journalism what Trump did to Nate Silver and Vox two years later. It was the microcosm. People who hadn't been relevant in decades, like Christina Hoff Sommers, suddenly came out of the woodwork and became bigger than ever. The entire thing was initiated by an ill-fated SJW pushback against harassment directed at games developer Zoe Quinn. They got 10 games-related publications to publish articles against trolls in the games community all at once, and this ignited suspicions. Before this, the games media had apparently spent years injecting identity politics into games reviews, to the point where every video game was being reviewed for political correctness. They even alienated a metric ton of people who should have been on their side to begin with. When I was growing up, games were totally apolitical, and there was nothing wrong with that. The SJW intent is to help women and minorities, but they go about it the completely wrong way. They end up generating a huge amount of heat for very little positive action.

Anyway, the whole shebang was basically a trial run for 2016.
Of course Beet, that's the problem. Brilliant analysis
Have to hand it to him, really wants to push this both sides narrative.
Plot twist: Bronz is just Beet sh*tposting.

Bumping because I got a ton of sh--t for this post (none of it substantive, o/c, just mindless name-calling and dismissal), but since then it's become mainstream, accepted, the, role, of, gamergate.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2018, 07:05:33 AM »

I mean, anyone who would take the "I'm going to doxx this bitch by posting her address online so someone can go rape her!" side was already in the Trump camp anyway. Maybe #GamerGate got some Deplorables interested in actually voting, but surely it couldn't have made the necessary hundreds of thousands of votes of difference?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »

I mean, anyone who would take the "I'm going to doxx this bitch by posting her address online so someone can go rape her!" side was already in the Trump camp anyway. Maybe #GamerGate got some Deplorables interested in actually voting, but surely it couldn't have made the necessary hundreds of thousands of votes of difference?

It changed the culture of the Internet. Or drastically accelerated a change that was already creeping. The best argument against its importance is that the change was inevitable anyway.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2018, 07:25:22 AM »

Depending on how you count them.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »

It changed the culture of the Internet. Or drastically accelerated a change that was already creeping. The best argument against its importance is that the change was inevitable anyway.

The median age voter in states like MI/PA/WI is like 55+ minimum. The movements you’re describing at best would’ve only shifted a segment of young white males to the GOP. What put Trump over the top were middle aged and older white voters in these states shifting to Trump from Obama.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies