Do you own a e-Bike ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:13:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you own a e-Bike ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes, I own a e-Bike

No, but I own a regular bike

No, I own no bike

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Do you own a e-Bike ?  (Read 772 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »

I currently have a regular mountainbike, but this one's relatively old already (5 years) and is without a battery.

I live in a very mountainous area and if you go on long trekking tours up the mountains it's very helpful to switch on the akku once in a while.

I have seen a couple really good e-mountainbikes recently for around 3.000$ and I will likely buy one over the next month because the mountainbike season is kicking off right now.

An e-bike is a regular bike with a strong akku, that allows you to drive up mountains either with some aid by the akku or full-aid, so that you don't sweat like a dog when you arrive on top.

e-Bike:

Regular bike:

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »

I should get one - Sheffield is so damn hilly. Maybe if I'm still living here in a few years if the price has gone down. (Theft would also be a problem)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »

Nah, my regular one is perfect transportation as is.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

I thought, "what the hell is an ebike?  Is that like an ecigarette?"

Now that I see the picture I see what you mean.  Here, they're called electric bicycles.  I see a few on the streets, but not many.  I saw many in the Far East, but they're not as common here.

anyway, no.  I looked into them a while back, because my wife wanted me to get one.  I sometimes ride to work, which is nearly nine miles each way, and she worries about me when I ride.  I convinced here that the electric bicycle really isn't advantageous.  If I get hit by a car it's not any more protected, and using the electric part sort of defeats the purpose of cycling in the first place.  I guess the one advantage is that if you get tired of going uphill, tired to the point of making careless errors that might cause an accident, then having the electric motor might alleviate the problem.  But really going uphill on a bicycle is just part of the fun, so I don't think I'll get one.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »

I just buyed an electric bike a couple months ago. I did this because my area has some real terrain problems.

Best all, Kentucky is one of very few states where electric bikes are banned. But I don't care.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:53:14 PM »

Nah, but I have a regular one that I bought for 35 euros off the internet (normal Dutch)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:42:15 AM »

I just buyed an electric bike a couple months ago. I did this because my area has some real terrain problems.

Best all, Kentucky is one of very few states where electric bikes are banned. But I don't care.

LOL, coal country ...

Anyway, I guess they ban it for security reasons so that if the battery explodes while charging doesn't burn the house down ?

These regulations are silly considering the batteries get better each day and KY is one of the fattest and unhealthiest states out there.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 08:47:36 PM »

Never heard of it, but I don't have a bike and have never had one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies