AL Gov. Bentley to Resign in April? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL Gov. Bentley to Resign in April? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL Gov. Bentley to Resign in April?  (Read 1504 times)
Rjjr77
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »

Is it wrong that I didn't find it corrupt? Strange was the front runner for the seat investigation or not.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:26:15 PM »

Is it wrong that I didn't find it corrupt? Strange was the front runner for the seat investigation or not.
Strange was going to run regardless, and as far as an actual election goes, yes, he may have been the frontrunner. However, it's very strange (no pun intended) for Bentley to nominate a man who was investigating him. Note, the investigation ended very quickly when the political opportunity made itself present.
True there's something to that but is nominating the clear front runner to the opening really corrupt? I mean people are comparing it to Blagojevich and I don't think it's anywhere near that level.
Rjjr77
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »

True there's something to that but is nominating the clear front runner to the opening really corrupt? I mean people are comparing it to Blagojevich and I don't think it's anywhere near that level.

I guess you could argue that the mere action you just described isn't proof of corruption. What is suspicious:

1. How the investigation seemed to stall out on Strange's side
2. A governor nominating the guy who is supposed to be investigating him

This looks very corrupt, but in itself is not proof of corruption. That is why there should be an investigation into it - free from political meddling.

I'm not saying there isn't something there, I just don't think nominating the clear and away front runner from your party for the seat he has openly said he is running for is a corrupt act. If corruption happened behind the scenes we need to know sure, but this in and of itself is not corrupt.
Rjjr77
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:24 AM »

I guess you could argue that the mere action you just described isn't proof of corruption. What is suspicious:

1. How the investigation seemed to stall out on Strange's side
2. A governor nominating the guy who is supposed to be investigating him

This looks very corrupt, but in itself is not proof of corruption. That is why there should be an investigation into it - free from political meddling.

I'm not saying there isn't something there, I just don't think nominating the clear and away front runner from your party for the seat he has openly said he is running for is a corrupt act. If corruption happened behind the scenes we need to know sure, but this in and of itself is not corrupt.

Strange was not the frontrunner until he stalled the investigation, Aderholt was Tongue

I can't tell if that is tongue in cheek, yeah there were other people but Strange was definitely the front runner, especially after declaring so darn early.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies