So Booker is less black than Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:58:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  So Booker is less black than Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So Booker is less black than Obama?  (Read 2136 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »

The above posters have already mentioned slavery and white masters breeding with their slaves. But is it really that surprising? Doesn't Booker have green or blue eyes? That should be a sign that he has a decent amount of European ancestry.

I had no idea I would have over 70% ancestry from Great Britain until I took a DNA test because the British ancestry in my family is so far back in my family tree that it was largely forgotten. Maybe this is also the case with Booker's ancestry.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:44:55 PM »

According to this:

http://ethnicelebs.com/cory-booker

Booker took a DNA test for the “Finding Your Roots” show, and the results showed:

47% African
45% European
7% Native American (higher than Elizabeth Warren  Tongue )

It says that both his parents were black, and mentions only one white great-grandparent.  But if he’s 45% European, then he must have more white ancestry than that, though where that comes from is not explained anywhere.

Has Obama taken one of these?

I know some blacks, including Jefferson's children, were three-quarters white. Jefferson's children, interestingly, were also his wife's half-nieces. I believe one of them had kids who were seven-eights white and whose descendants all married African-Americans. Being descended from someone born in 1860 who was seven-eighths white would make one pretty European.

On a similar note, North Africans, particularly Moroccans and Egyptians, have a surprising amount of ancient European ancestry. Mediterranean is often its own thing in genealogy test, as ancestry from Venice, Casablanca or Gibraltar, Istanbul, and Cairo all likely have a good amount of blood in common.

I think Jefferson's children were 7/8 white. If I remember correctly Sally Hemings was 1/4 black because her father was a white British man and her mother was a mulatto slave.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies