Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:30:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (violent and property crime)

Yes (violent crime)

Yes (property crime)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Have you ever been the victim of a crime?  (Read 3457 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:12 AM »

Honestly this is one of the most under the radar annoying thefts of all time.

I worked for my school's maintenance department over the summer, so I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a weedwacker every so often.

My parents car was stolen, twice. If I gave it more thought, I could think of more crimes.

Reminds me- Locals've also taken my car antenna and hubcaps.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »

Did you pay taxes?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »

Yes - assault and theft.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »

I had my cell phone stolen once. Nothing else, unless you'd count being hacked off the site.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 05:47:38 PM by MAINEiac4434 »

I was bagging groceries when the register I was on was robbed. I called 911 and later had to do a police lineup.

Dude said he had a gun but he didn't. He carried the cash register drawer out of the store, so a customer saw him and got his license number. He was caught two hours later trying to score H.

He had hit a few other stores up the coast. When he came into Portland, though, he got caught.

Also had my iPhone stolen when I was in the 10th grade. I had another iPhone stolen back in November (November was a sh**tty month).
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »

Yup.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »

Nope, unless you count being subjected to Justin Bieber's singing on the radio as a crime.  ROFL! Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:40 PM »

Yes (mugged at gun point)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

I was a victim of attempted cybercrime last year.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »

Damn--- that's pretty bad.... Did you have the "second wallet" deal situated so you could give the mugger something, without losing all your s**t and having to deal at the same time with the cost and hours with replacing all your stuff? Happened to a friend of my in DC back in the late '90s (Adams Morgan area at knifepoint on his front porch) but he had the fake wallet with the $20 in it, so he didn't lose all his stuff, nor have to deal with a pissed off mugger that beats the crap out of you, just because they went to all the effort to rob you and walk away with jack.....
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 05:59:53 AM »

Burgled.

And I am currently chasing someone in Melbourne who owes me $1,400.

Just need a Sheriff to go around and seize some property to get it back.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »

This topic somehow reminds me of this.  Watch what happens to this reporter as she tries to cover a story....watch it all the way to the end for the funny part! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GzYQOTpNic
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »

One actual crime (stolen backpack) and one thing that probably wasn't a crime per se, but a nasty thing to do (left a kindle in an Italian hotel room and found that someone purchased $20 worth of Italian children's books on my account before we shut it down, when it was suddenly "found under the bed" and mailed back to the states).
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »

yes, property crime.

my apartment was robbed a few years ago. my roommate and i werent home. we didnt sleep in our rooms for like a month and just slept on the couch after the robbery.

it was the first time i felt like my privacy was violated.

That's truly awful. I couldn't even imagine the feeling you guys felt after that incident; I think I'd be really paranoid, especially at night, for quite a while. But thankfully it wasn't while you were home or anything like that.

Yea, it was a tough time returning to normal routines in the apartment. Thankfully, I was so busy that i wasn't home much in general, though. We wound up lucking out, as well, when our complex got bought out and our place got torn down and we got compensated by getting a new apartment for free for like 6 months (when our lease would've ended at the old place).
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »

No, but I had a pretty scary experience when I was 15.

My family and I were on vacation in Baltimore, and my then-11 year old brother and I decided to go to the Inner Harbor from our hotel.  We took a wrong turn and wound up in a not-great neighborhood.  I was wearing a t-shirt with a former MLB pitcher's name on the back.  Suddenly, some guy screams the name of the player and starts following us.  If he had robbed us or something, he probably would have been disappointed, as we only had whatever money our dad had given us for the Inner Harbor (probably $100 each or so).  Eventually, we turned and he must have missed the light and stopped following us.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »

Yup. I've had things stolen from me and I've been knocked unconscious by a punch in the face once.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »

Nope (has never spent significant time in a large city)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 02:02:52 PM »

Yes, my mountainbike was stolen by a black Kenyan asylum seeker when I was about 11 or 12 years old.

I had it placed at a smaller, local bus station near the river and biking lane - a place where you'd usually leave your bike unlocked.

The good thing was that it was weekend, so I went to a friend's house and called my dad. He picked me up with the car and we drove along the bike lane near the river when we saw the asylum seeker with my bike. My dad went out and confronted him about the theft. He said he just "borrowed" the bike and would have taken it back later and that he wanted no trouble with the police. My dad then let him go and didn't call the police about it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »

Yes, my mountainbike was stolen by a black Kenyan asylum seeker when I was about 11 or 12 years old.

I had it placed at a smaller, local bus station near the river and biking lane - a place where you'd usually leave your bike unlocked.

The good thing was that it was weekend, so I went to a friend's house and called my dad. He picked me up with the car and we drove along the bike lane near the river when we saw the asylum seeker with my bike. My dad went out and confronted him about the theft. He said he just "borrowed" the bike and would have taken it back later and that he wanted no trouble with the police. My dad then let him go and didn't call the police about it.

Well I suppose this explains a lot about your beliefs these days Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

Someone stole my bike out of the garage when I not at home. Some twelve years ago or so.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »

You guys need to randomly start roving the city streets at night more Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »

Not really.

I would always rage against criminal asylum seekers and other criminal immigrants, no matter if my bike was stolen by one of them or not ...
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear from a murder victim.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 02:30:13 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear from a murder victim.
I knew a murder victim once. He isn't exactly a part of our lives anymore.

(Jokes aside, his brother ended up forcing his stepmom-my grandma-out of their shared awning company, and our families had a nasty schism. I probably wouldn't want to speak with them anymore anyway, and I barely saw them to begin with)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »

Not really.

I would always rage against criminal asylum seekers and other criminal immigrants, no matter if my bike was stolen by one of them or not ...

We are all criminals. We are all guilty. Because we are all human. Even Austrians.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies