Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (violent and property crime)

Yes (violent crime)

Yes (property crime)

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Have you ever been the victim of a crime?  (Read 3447 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »

I'm still waiting to hear from a murder victim.
I knew a murder victim once. He isn't exactly a part of our lives anymore.

(Jokes aside, his brother ended up forcing his stepmom-my grandma-out of their shared awning company, and our families had a nasty schism. I probably wouldn't want to speak with them anymore anyway, and I barely saw them to begin with)

I'm sorry about your friend.  I was just joking about the OP asking us if we've ever been murdered.

Anyway, I have been a victim of a crime, but only once.  It wasn't murder thankfully.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »

Yes, my mountainbike was stolen by a black Kenyan asylum seeker when I was about 11 or 12 years old.

I had it placed at a smaller, local bus station near the river and biking lane - a place where you'd usually leave your bike unlocked.

The good thing was that it was weekend, so I went to a friend's house and called my dad. He picked me up with the car and we drove along the bike lane near the river when we saw the asylum seeker with my bike. My dad went out and confronted him about the theft. He said he just "borrowed" the bike and would have taken it back later and that he wanted no trouble with the police. My dad then let him go and didn't call the police about it.

Well I suppose this explains a lot about your beliefs these days Tongue

Not really.

I would always rage against criminal asylum seekers and other criminal immigrants, no matter if my bike was stolen by one of them or not ...

We are all criminals. We are all guilty. Because we are all human. Even Austrians.

Truest words I've read in a while.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »

Yes, but I repelled them.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2017, 03:10:37 AM »

Yes. I was violently sexually assaulted two years or so back. Kind of made me go off the rails for a year or so, I spent two years on a sabbatical from uni and grew seriously depressed - enough that I seriously considered checking myself in as an inpatient in a mental ward. Mostly over that hill now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:13 AM »

Yes. I was violently sexually assaulted two years or so back. Kind of made me go off the rails for a year or so, I spent two years on a sabbatical from uni and grew seriously depressed - enough that I seriously considered checking myself in as an inpatient in a mental ward. Mostly over that hill now.

That's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. Massive kudos for overcoming that.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »

I'm so sorry Crabcake.  You are really brave and inspiring for how far you've come and being willing to share.  My pm box is open if you ever need someone to just listen.  I'm sure others would be more than willing to help too.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »

I'm so sorry Crabcake.  You are really brave and inspiring for how far you've come and being willing to share.  My pm box is open if you ever need someone to just listen.  I'm sure others would be more than willing to help too.
This is also true of me, even if I can't help (and I probably can't).
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2017, 11:40:43 AM »

My iPod Touch was stolen out of my backpack in middle school!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »

Yes, my mountainbike was stolen by a black Kenyan asylum seeker when I was about 11 or 12 years old.

I had it placed at a smaller, local bus station near the river and biking lane - a place where you'd usually leave your bike unlocked.

The good thing was that it was weekend, so I went to a friend's house and called my dad. He picked me up with the car and we drove along the bike lane near the river when we saw the asylum seeker with my bike. My dad went out and confronted him about the theft. He said he just "borrowed" the bike and would have taken it back later and that he wanted no trouble with the police. My dad then let him go and didn't call the police about it.

How did you know he was Kenyan and an asylum seeker?

No, but I had a pretty scary experience when I was 15.

My family and I were on vacation in Baltimore, and my then-11 year old brother and I decided to go to the Inner Harbor from our hotel.  We took a wrong turn and wound up in a not-great neighborhood(READ: NOT WHITE).  I was wearing a t-shirt with a former MLB pitcher's name on the back.  Suddenly, some guy screams the name of the player and starts following us.  If he had robbed us or something, he probably would have been disappointed, as we only had whatever money our dad had given us for the Inner Harbor (probably $100 each or so).  Eventually, we turned and he must have missed the light and stopped following us.
$300 is a pretty good street robbery, mainly because not everybody is raised in a million dollar family like yours.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:51 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 09:12:38 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Only a property crime. In June 2013, somebody destroyed my car window. I left a closed, but empty, business bag back there while I was at the Santa Cruz Beach. I found the bag a few feet away in the bushes when I came back hours later. Probably the theft didn’t like it anymore after he found out that it was empty. Since the incident, I never left anything important, especially bags, visible in my parked car.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 01:21:51 PM by DavidB. »

Theft (two phones, two bikes) + violent hate crime where I got beaten up for my sexuality; have tried to repress that last experience but deep down it still hurts.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 12:39:49 AM »

Theft:
-Bike was stolen in college
-My super crappy, totaled old car was stolen from the lot it was taken to after my accident.

Was a victim of assault a couple times. In high school thanks to two male classmates (also lost a lot of friends for reporting it), as well as a couple years ago thanks to my a**hole ex-neighbor.

Was also the victim of a hit and run, as well as a drunk driver.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »

Yes. Burgled twice. Second one was certainly planned, as they stole a courtesy car that we only had for one night - and a number plate for a car of the same model and colour as the hire car. Apparently the police chased the people for speeding on the motorway, but couldn't keep up with it. Don't think they ever caught them.

Apparently had a death threat against me when I was at school once, as well, - I was 10/11 - although I don't specifically remember that. Same person attempted to do some damage to my back too, but didn't do any major lasting damage. Have absolutely no idea why any of it occurred. Undecided
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 01:56:00 AM »

I once had a taillight stolen from my vehicle.  When I went to the dealer to get it replaced, they mentioned they'd had someone come in a couple days ago asking about getting one, but when quoted a price, they left without buying.  Lucky me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies