Neil Gorsuch: 'employers should ask women if they want children' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:13:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Neil Gorsuch: 'employers should ask women if they want children' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Neil Gorsuch: 'employers should ask women if they want children'  (Read 1691 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 21, 2017, 10:38:28 AM »
« edited: March 21, 2017, 12:09:07 PM by Delegate J_American »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/neil-gorsuch-latest-donald-trump-supreme-court-nominee-pick-women-children-manipulate-employers-a7639006.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I guess this is part of all that "winning" we heard so much about. Nothing like a SCOTUS nominee claiming there's some widespread, rampant abuse of maternity benefits by women that'd justify companies being able to ask (obviously for the purpose of discrimination in hiring) women if they intend to have children. I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting rather tired of all this winning and freedom.

EDIT: Gorsuch, during his confirmation hearing, clarified this issue and presented his side of the story. It seemed pretty convincing to me and believe the question was misinterpreted by the students since his real question pertained to an issue common among female lawyers, which include potentially having to lie about their intentions of getting pregnant so they can secure a new job. He was adamantly opposed to female lawyers having to answer such a question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies