AHCA Whip Count
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:20:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38093 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

White House is sending other messages.

My source on the Hill backs this up. Some kind of procedural vote scheduled for 8pm.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2017, 03:13:52 PM »

Trump just said that he is looking forward to the house vote today.

who is going to tell him?

No one. The tweets and comments about the great things "his" non-existent healthcare law is doing should be entertaining.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »

Why was it so critical for them to pass it tonight?  I think it might be good for them to take a breather, and figure out exactly what they want to do.

They wanted the liberation of Americans from the job-killing disaster of Obamacare to coincide with the 7th anniversary of its passage.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2017, 03:27:25 PM »

So much winning!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2017, 03:29:11 PM »

Let's not get too cocky. We can wait 48 hours before mocking them.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2017, 03:48:12 PM »

Ileana Ros-Lehtinen "The only reason they wanted the vote on Thursday is because it's the anniversary of... Obamacare passing. Who cares about that?"
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »

This thing will end up passing in the end with a deal here n there & a few days of delay. Trump doesn't like being a loser - With a supermajority if he can't pass it, then he never can.

And anyone who things that these tea party lunatics have a backbone are mistaken. Ted Cruz bent the knee & was campaigning for the man who called his father the killer of JFK, his wife ugly & frequently called Lyin' Ted. Mitt Romney was like Trump's b*tch to play with after the elections. They will cave in later with some concessions !
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 04:17:04 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

Steve Bannon is also heading toward the Speaker's office, per @deirdrewalshcnn
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/845017906958254081

New CBO report: less deficit reduction ($150b); uninsured # the same

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/845020230791368705

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/hr1628.pdf
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »

Thomas Massie says up to 41 Republicans planning to vote no.
Klartext89

« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »

This thing will end up passing in the end with a deal here n there & a few days of delay. Trump doesn't like being a loser - With a supermajority if he can't pass it, then he never can.

Actually it's Paul Ryans bill, not Trumps. Of course - as always - the Trump/USA hating left-wing crew and the MSM (what is basically the same) will not care and only go after the President, but honestly why on earth did he trust in Ryan?!

I would say that they should take more time and get a bill that gets nearly all Reps on board and gets some Dem votes, but I'm simply shocked that they had 7 years and couldn't write a replacement bill... Simply shocking...

I'm also still very much amused about the Dems/Leftists on Twitter, Atlas etc. because they celebrate the Freedom Caucus and there's a big opportunity that at the end they will get a much more libertarian bill than Ryan proposed. But I guess you're still not tired of losing yet.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2017, 04:24:59 PM »

Actually it's Paul Ryans bill, not Trumps. Of course - as always - the Trump/USA hating left-wing crew and the MSM (what is basically the same) will not care and only go after the President, but honestly why on earth did he trust in Ryan?!

I would say that they should take more time and get a bill that gets nearly all Reps on board and gets some Dem votes, but I'm simply shocked that they had 7 years and couldn't write a replacement bill... Simply shocking...

I'm also still very much amused about the Dems/Leftists on Twitter, Atlas etc. because they celebrate the Freedom Caucus and there's a big opportunity that at the end they will get a much more libertarian bill than Ryan proposed. But I guess you're still not tired of losing yet.
Trump says he 100% supports the bill and has not contradicted Ryan's claim that he helped write it.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »

This is as much Trump's bill as it is Ryan's.
Klartext89

« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »

Trump says he 100% supports the bill and has not contradicted Ryan's claim that he helped write it.

Oh come on, is it your first year in politics?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

Any bill that gets the Freedom Caucus on board will bleed enough support from the middle to also kill it, either in the House or at least the Senate. It's happening right now already and no official concessions have been made yet.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

trump could have made it into ryan's bill...

but he threatened every republican congressman/woman who would not vote for it.
Klartext89

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2017, 04:28:08 PM »

This is as much Trump's bill as it is Ryan's.

Yeah, because you want it to be that like you know that it is veeeeeeeeery bad (like you thought that Hillary Clinton was a veeeeeeery strong candidate) bill despite you've read a single word of it. But ok, that's how it works. Keep on.
Klartext89

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:21 PM »

Any bill that gets the Freedom Caucus on board will bleed enough support from the middle to also kill it, either in the House or at least the Senate. It's happening right now already and no official concessions have been made yet.

Ok, that's a point. At least one serious Dem in this thread.

But the GOP knows that they have to deliver at least some kind of change and they still have plenty of time left. It's March/April 2017, Obama delivered his bill after 14 months.

My bet is on a deal being reached within the different GOP groups either over the weekend or at some point later in 2017.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:28 PM »

Contra White House statement, there is NO vote set for Friday on AHCA, per GOP sources. "We're still talking to members," said GOP aide.
https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/845003135638802433
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »

Let's just do what we are all on board with now- repeal Obamacare as we have done so many times in the past, once even getting it to Obama's desk.  Why not do what we are unified on now and worry about the replacement later?
Klartext89

« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »

Let's just do what we are all on board with now- repeal Obamacare as we have done so many times in the past, once even getting it to Obama's desk.  Why not do what we are unified on now and worry about the replacement later?

Why can't you be the Speaker for gods sake?! Terrific idea, let's do it this way!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »

Ironically, apparently full/straight repeal would leave MORE covered than this AHCA farce
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

I don't think you could get enough votes in the Senate to do that now.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 04:44:48 PM by Shadows »

Because repealing without replacement will likely cause a collapse of the insurance market - Do you want another recession/bailout? The transition/change will be too huge without atleast a phase out mode which is what this replacement is - It is phasing out most of ACA things !

You will have people coming to the streets, all those pre-existing people left to die.And ofcourse it will mean Trump & the entire Republican leadership is a flat out lier as Trump repeatedly promised to take care of people & simultaneously replace.

If they go with only replace, it will be a bigger landslide in 2018 & Trump will lose in 2020 - All those deaths will be pinned on him turning back of his word (lying on replacement)  - He can't pass a plan without even a Super-majority!

And moderate & any sensible Republicans wouldn't even repeal it without replacing !
Klartext89

« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2017, 04:42:40 PM »

Ironically, apparently full/straight repeal would leave MORE covered than this AHCA farce

Did you read the bill or is this the opinion (or "news") of a journalist having also not read it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies