AHCA Whip Count
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:56:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38023 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »

Sources: House leadership threatens to pull bill to preserve #ObamaCare, and then blame House @freedomcaucus for ObamaCare still being law.
https://twitter.com/mfcannon/status/845020749991743490
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »

Ironically, apparently full/straight repeal would leave MORE covered than this AHCA farce

Did you read the bill or is this the opinion (or "news") of a journalist having also not read it?

A number of fairly prominent conservatives who are no fans of Obamacare on Twitter have brought this up
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2017, 04:48:43 PM »

all those pre-existing people left to die & everyone.

All those deaths will be pinned on him

OMG, WE WILL ALL DIE! This time it's not the climate, the dying of the wood, the ozone hole, nuclear energy or the 2nd Amendment, it's the AHCA! AAAAAAAAAH!

imagine - hypothetically - a german party would propose, the oldest and poorest retirees in east germany aren't paying enough for their healthcare costs and would lose coverage if not being able to step up their game.....

seems like a message for doom.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »

This thing will end up passing in the end with a deal here n there & a few days of delay. Trump doesn't like being a loser - With a supermajority if he can't pass it, then he never can.

Actually it's Paul Ryans bill, not Trumps. Of course - as always - the Trump/USA hating left-wing crew and the MSM (what is basically the same) will not care and only go after the President, but honestly why on earth did he trust in Ryan?!

I would say that they should take more time and get a bill that gets nearly all Reps on board and gets some Dem votes, but I'm simply shocked that they had 7 years and couldn't write a replacement bill... Simply shocking...

I'm also still very much amused about the Dems/Leftists on Twitter, Atlas etc. because they celebrate the Freedom Caucus and there's a big opportunity that at the end they will get a much more libertarian bill than Ryan proposed. But I guess you're still not tired of losing yet.

Ohh this is Trumpcare. This is 100% his bill - He approved this bill, studied it in detailed & pushed through with it. Where is the secret Healthcare bill of Trump? Maybe when he would run an entire campaign on it, he should have prepared his own bill like Hillary & Bernie did which was debated but he doesn't need to because the Republican base is insanely low information & gullible.

This bill wouldn't even be on the table if not for Trump - He could throw Ryan's bill on the garbage can but he chose to go ahead with it. Why blame poor Ryan when you have got Tea party lunatics trying to gut everything while most sensible moderates have to think about their people & winning elections again !
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »

Trump has literally been meeting with congresscritters to get them to vote for this! he owns it!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »

OMG, WE WILL ALL DIE! This time it's not the climate, the dying of the wood, the ozone hole, nuclear energy or the 2nd Amendment, it's the AHCA! AAAAAAAAAH!

If you repeal fully without replacement (including repealing all mandates), it will be a cakewalk to find many people who died/couldn't afford/were denied insurance. The next CNN Townhall with Republicans will be with these people - Bankrupt with sky-rocketing costs (pre-existing condition) or family members of people who died.

This is if there is full repeal & no replacement !
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »

lol, I can tell someone's sweating bullets because of the Schulz train that has completely cucked the AfD.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2017, 04:58:34 PM »

Sources: House leadership threatens to pull bill to preserve #ObamaCare, and then blame House @freedomcaucus for ObamaCare still being law.
https://twitter.com/mfcannon/status/845020749991743490

This would be... amazing to watch.
Klartext89

« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »

imagine - hypothetically - a german party would propose, the oldest and poorest retirees in east germany aren't paying enough for their healthcare costs and would lose coverage if not being able to step up their game.....

seems like a message for doom.

Yeah, that's what the media says. Hopefully there will be the day you research for your own and don't have to believe this crap.

But, to answer your question: As a 27 year old healthy guy, I would love to lose my expensive insurance. No great joy to pay for "refugees", people pretending to be sick or the generation which is against every reform on social security etc. helping my generation because they "paid for it" (it's a really difficult system to understand...). Not even mentioning that this generation is sceptical of left policies but constantly votes for the establishment parties implementing Kalkutta in Germany.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »

I'm glad it got delayed because I want to go see Beauty & the Beast tonight and I was worried the vote could be during that time.

"Warning - while you were reading 108 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." Don't care, lol
Klartext89

« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »

lol, I can tell someone's sweating bullets because of the Schulz train that has completely cucked the AfD.

Try harder, that only made me laugh. A 48% guy I guess.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »

Obamacare repeal is a disaster. Total disaster. America needs a president who's a dealmaker. Maybe Mike Pence?
Klartext89

« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 05:14:16 PM by Klartext89 »

Grow up.

But hey, couldn't image Schulz could look even more dumb than usual. Maybe you should cry Martin now. Come on, cry Martin!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2017, 05:17:19 PM »

For the record... The Hill now lists 33 firm no votes, and 9 additional lean/likely no votes. The numbers just keep growing. Class A clusterf**k.
Klartext89

« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »

Time to write a new bill, there's plenty of time, take an Easter break and start over again. Better a good solution after a failed start than a bad solution causing problems in the Midterms.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »

A Facebook friend of mine who has been posting updates all week just said that the leadership has the votes to pass it.  I guess the Freedom Caucus caved after today's modifications.
WRONG.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »

but there's no solution that unites the GOP caucus. A stable enough amount of members want the medicaid expansion to continue, while an equally stable number want to end the medicaid expansion. The Republican moderates and the Freedom Caucus don't have points of agreement.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2017, 05:33:52 PM »

Time to write a new bill, there's plenty of time, take an Easter break and start over again. Better a good solution after a failed start than a bad solution causing problems in the Midterms.

Hopefully Trump ,instead of playing Golf & making stupid tweets & wasting 100's of M of $ in Security expense, does some work finally & creates a bill which will unite moderate somewhat sane Republicans & tea party lunatics.

I mean after this massive failure, he has to get it right the next time! If it fails again, how does he recover from that ?
Klartext89

« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

Hopefully Trump ,instead of playing Golf & making stupid tweets & wasting 100's of M of $ in Security expense, does some work finally & creates a bill which will unite moderate somewhat sane Republicans & tea party lunatics.

I mean after this massive failure, he has to get it right the next time! If it fails again, how does he recover from that ?

Yeah, he really should do it differently than Obama, I agree.

Results matter. In 2018 (and of course 2020) the people won't care whether they needed one, two or ten votes to get it. They will judge how it works for them.
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »

Trump wants a vote tomorrow

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/845055894677262336
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »

Looks like he's ready to wave the white flag on health care altogether. Hopefully tax reform ends up this way as well with the border tax being the sticking point.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman  4m4 minutes ago
NEWS: MULVANEY: TRUMP is done negotiating and wants a vote on the AHCA tomorrow, per a source in the room.

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman  2m2 minutes ago
MULVANEY: if the AHCA vote fails, nation is stuck w Obamacare. In other words, trump is done. Negotiations are over.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »

MULVANEY: if the AHCA vote fails, nation is stuck w Obamacare. In other words, trump is done. Negotiations are over.

If Trump's playing 8D chess and wants to keep Obamacare without having to catch heat from Republicans, he may have just accomplished it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »

If Trump's playing 8D chess and wants to keep Obamacare without having to catch heat from Republicans, he may have just accomplished it.

It's far more likely that he's playing checkers, and losing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies