AHCA Whip Count (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:53:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38135 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »

I'm glad it got delayed because I want to go see Beauty & the Beast tonight and I was worried the vote could be during that time.

"Warning - while you were reading 108 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." Don't care, lol
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »

I have a question: If a vote is held and midway through it becomes clear it won't pass, is it possible for Ryan to suspend voting and continue negotiating with the people he thought would be on his side, or does the bill have to fail before they can renegotiate it?

He could negotiate with them on other things while holding the vote open. But I don't think he can cancel the vote when it's in progress. He'd have to let it go at least 15 minutes but as soon as the vote closes, that's the final count.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »

Just watching the House Rules Committee and research the Rep asking questions at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings

"Alcee Lamar Hastings /ˈælsiː/ (born September 5, 1936) is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 20th congressional district, serving in Congress since 1993. The district, numbered as the 23rd District from 1993 to 2013, includes most of the majority-black precincts in and around Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He served as a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 1979, until his impeachment and removal from that post in 1989."

Unbelieveable...

The people elected him. Just like they elected someone who bragged on tape about grabbing women's genitalia. That's democracy.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:43:37 PM »

We need to get rid of Bannon, not Priebus.  Only movement conservatives should advise Trump.

-You have learned nothing. Priebus and Ryan should go out the window. Bannon should take over as VP.

That requires both Pence deciding to resign, and a majority vote for Bannon in both the House and (particularly) the Senate. Seems pretty unlikely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies