AHCA Whip Count (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:48:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38147 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 22, 2017, 11:03:48 PM »

They definitely do not have the votes yet, otherwise there would not be a conference meeting tomorrow morning and another Freedom Caucus meeting with Trump at lunch. Some people in this thread seem intent on making stuff up.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:24:59 PM »

This thing will end up passing in the end with a deal here n there & a few days of delay. Trump doesn't like being a loser - With a supermajority if he can't pass it, then he never can.

Actually it's Paul Ryans bill, not Trumps. Of course - as always - the Trump/USA hating left-wing crew and the MSM (what is basically the same) will not care and only go after the President, but honestly why on earth did he trust in Ryan?!

I would say that they should take more time and get a bill that gets nearly all Reps on board and gets some Dem votes, but I'm simply shocked that they had 7 years and couldn't write a replacement bill... Simply shocking...

I'm also still very much amused about the Dems/Leftists on Twitter, Atlas etc. because they celebrate the Freedom Caucus and there's a big opportunity that at the end they will get a much more libertarian bill than Ryan proposed. But I guess you're still not tired of losing yet.
Trump says he 100% supports the bill and has not contradicted Ryan's claim that he helped write it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »

A Facebook friend of mine who has been posting updates all week just said that the leadership has the votes to pass it.  I guess the Freedom Caucus caved after today's modifications.
WRONG.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

For the last few weeks, the House GOP leadership has insisted time and time again that they had the votes to pass this terrible piece of legislation. Many in this thread have believed them for reasons that defy comprehension. Why you continue to believe the people that have been lying for a month is, well, unbelievable.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 04:09:38 AM »

Some of the responses in this thread really are unbelievable.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »

The whip is still far short from getting the necessary votes. Amazing.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »

No reason to believe the vote will be before markets close. Spicer is not a credible source.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 12:40:19 PM »

This could not be more of a disaster for Ryan.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »

If the state of play is that his vote was in doubt, things are very, very bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies