AHCA Whip Count (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:46:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AHCA Whip Count (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AHCA Whip Count  (Read 38240 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »

So the Republicans shoddily put something together quickly and then just give up on it?

I'd be curious how Republican voters here feel about this, since it was Republicans' number one campaign promise (to repeal Obamacare)...

Also, considering they had been talking about repealing Obamacare for ages, why didn't they have a plan in place?

Because it was a political prop and nothing else. They're not interested in actually governing or legislating for their constituents (i.e., the people who vote for them). They're just interested in being in power. The present-day Republican party is a shadow of its former self.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »

So the Republicans shoddily put something together quickly and then just give up on it?

I'd be curious how Republican voters here feel about this, since it was Republicans' number one campaign promise (to repeal Obamacare)...

Also, considering they had been talking about repealing Obamacare for ages, why didn't they have a plan in place?

Because it was a political prop and nothing else. They're not interested in actually governing or legislating for their constituents (i.e., the people who vote for them). They're just interested in being in power. The present-day Republican party is a shadow of its former self.

I don't think that's it.  There's something else going on here.

No, that's really it. They've done nothing in the last 4 months. The ACA was the Republican plan. Why would they want to repeal it? They just had to act like they did to follow up on the prop. Once it failed, they dropped it immediately when they didn't have to. They still have all the freedom to legislate something new or, lord forbid, improve the ACA, but that's not what they want.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies