The McLoughlin Group - best political show on tv. But best pundit?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:57:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The McLoughlin Group - best political show on tv. But best pundit?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The McLoughlin Group - best political show on tv. But best pundit?
Tony Blankley (needs to stop eating on the job)

Pat Buchanan (the bottom line is..)

Eleanor Clift (interrupt and i shout))

Clarence Page (does he never stop smiling)

John McLaughlin (mr.quirky and bold predictions always)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: The McLoughlin Group - best political show on tv. But best pundit?  (Read 2668 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2005, 04:13:59 AM »

Each episode focuses on around four issues. Each issue is introduced and briefly explained by McLaughlin, and then an open debate begins. The show is best known for the quirky style of McLaughlin, who is fond of making witty predictions based on current events, and of asking questions in absurd ways. One phrase he often uses is: "On a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 representing impossibility and 10 representing complete metaphysical certitude, what is the chance of...?". He often ends the show by yelling "Bye-bye!" after the final question. For the show before Thanksgiving, aired 11/21/2004, he shouted instead "Happy Thanksgiving, Gobble Gobble!"

Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 05:17:51 PM »

McLaughlin himself is the best pundit, of the 5. I also identift with Clift and Page.

I don't like this show as much as The Chris Matthews Show (not to be confused with Hardball), which is very similar, a host and 4 journalists talk about the news. McLaughlin almost always has the same pundits on, while Chris has like 15 that rotate. Does anyone else watch this?

I'm sure Tony B. is a great guy but the Washington Times has zero credibility because its owned by a pyscho Korean Priest (not b/c of its ideology). I usually pity Clift since as the only woman, she can't get a word in edgewise. I like Pat Buchanan b/c he's a real conservative, not smarmy administration hack. Page is boring (he does smile to much), sometimes they have a British guy on who's good. He's from the Financial Times.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 05:59:16 PM »

McLoughlin Group is pretty fun to watch --- the ONLY political show I can stand.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2005, 09:32:46 PM by krustytheklown »

I used to see it on every Sunday in NYC, but now that I'm back home I don't see it on TV--ever.  I remember Tucker Carlson saying that we'd know that John Kerry would be President by 9PM.  lol...[sigh]
P.S.  McLaughlin and Blankley's accent get on my nerves--you know the one that sounds foreign at times.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 09:39:27 PM »

I can remember watching the show in late July of 1990.  The panel was unanimous that Iraq would not invade Kuwait and if it did, there would be no US responce.

WRONG!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 11:53:33 PM »

I can remember watching the show in late July of 1990.  The panel was unanimous that Iraq would not invade Kuwait and if it did, there would be no US responce.

WRONG!

Considering the fact we were still funding Saddam & Iraq at that time does explain why they may have thought we would not invade
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 12:00:18 AM »

Best pundit is an oxymoron.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies