Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein  (Read 4660 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-will-resign-soon-dianne-feinstein-senator-senate-judiciary-committee-a7639341.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The big question here is whether or not Sen. Feinstein is aware of any smoking gun that may lead to Trump's resignation or impeachment. Considering her position in the Senate and recent meeting with FBI Director Comey, I can't help but think she at least knows something big that we don't know - yet. Whether this would result in a resignation or impeachment is yet to be seen and only time will tell, but each day more hints are dropped that something big is coming.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:02:59 AM »

Hey, Feinstein, if he doesn't resign, how about you resign instead?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »

He knows no shame. I'll believe it when it happens.

But this sure does seem like the "golden showers" dossier might have some evidence for it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:57:23 AM »

Yeah, no.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:58 AM »

Color me skeptical.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »

Oh Dianne, please be right.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 02:33:23 AM »

Does anyone every believe Donald "I could shoot people in the streets & my followers will still support me" Trump will resign ? Good luck getting him to resign, would like to see Ted Cruz lead the effort & Trump tweets & his supporters attacking him - Maybe that will be enough for Lyin' Ted to lose in 2018 !
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 03:01:47 AM »

I believe he will resign soon because this presidential gig is not what he thought it would be. He thought he could be King, ram-rod through stuff and have everything his way, but the job is nothing like that.

I don't think he likes all the time wasting, the slowness to get anything done, all the bickering, the arguing, the discussing of every little thing, all the petty details of the job.

It just doesn't suit his personality. The guy has to go home to his Florida Miralago club every weekend and play golf. He's not taking this job seriously. At. All.

And I say good riddance. It's very expensive to keep security around all of his family members who are everywhere! He's not worth the money we're wasting on him.

So I hope Feinstein is right.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:14 AM »

Poor 'ol Trumpy.

So many opportunities to make America great again, and only 4 years to do it in.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 04:32:29 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 06:03:40 AM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

Reason for Trump to resign: Everybody is publicly contradicting him and he can't fire any of those who contradict him.

Reason for Trump not to resign: This would look like a defeat and Donald Trump won't ever be defeated.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 05:45:11 AM »

This sounds too good to be true, but I don't think he will. If he did though, he would blame it on everyone who's ever crossed him (Democrats, the fake media, establishment Republicans, etc.), and that would probably trigger the Trumptards to resort to "Second Amendment remedies." God help us if it results in the Second Civil War.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »

I believe he will resign soon because this presidential gig is not what he thought it would be. He thought he could be King, ram-rod through stuff and have everything his way, but the job is nothing like that.

I don't think he likes all the time wasting, the slowness to get anything done, all the bickering, the arguing, the discussing of every little thing, all the petty details of the job.

It just doesn't suit his personality. The guy has to go home to his Florida Miralago club every weekend and play golf. He's not taking this job seriously. At. All.

And I say good riddance. It's very expensive to keep security around all of his family members who are everywhere! He's not worth the money we're wasting on him.

He will still get the security detail.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »

This sounds too good to be true, but I don't think he will. If he did though, he would blame it on everyone who's ever crossed him (Democrats, the fake media, establishment Republicans, etc.), and that would probably trigger the Trumptards to resort to "Second Amendment remedies." God help us if it results in the Second Civil War.

A Second Civil War wouldn't be like the first one. It would be more like Syria or Iraq. I think a terror campaign by the Redhats is more likely than an actual civil war though.

That's where we are headed anyway. Once enough of their voters die from old age, it's clear that the ignorant and stupid racists theocrats are going to fall back on violence to try and hold onto power. It'll be much better if its completely obviously illegitimate violence instead of abuse of state power.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 09:05:50 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

We ought to take to the streets if the unelected Pence even looks at the keys. Our scariest days could be upon us.

Let's just hope he declines to run for re-election
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »

I don't buy the resignation part because I believe he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming, but I do buy that Feinstein knows something. This all makes sense when you consider her meeting with Grassley and Comey.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »

We ought to take to the streets if the unelected Pence even looks at the keys. Our scariest days could be upon us.

Let's just hope he declines to run for re-election

Pence at least seems to believe in Democracy and the Constitution, and is anti-Russian which is a plus in the current environment. Also, he'll be hobbled by what are likely to be low approval ratings and a divided Republican Party. I'd much rather have Pence signing a bunch of theocratic executive orders than having Trump constantly throwing Twitter Tantrums that undermine the judiciary, good governance, the economy, and decades of foreign policy.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »

I don't buy the resignation part because I believe he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming, but I do buy that Feinstein knows something. This all makes sense when you consider her meeting with Grassley and Comey.

I wonder what other people they talked to -- members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »

Be skeptical of stuff like this until proven otherwise
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »

I would be very much in favor of this if John Chiang was appointed to her seat. Or Gavin Newsom, to clear the way for Governor John Chiang.

In any case, I don't believe Feinstein, Trump's too proud to resign so soon. Something really big has to happen.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »

He will still get the security detail.

He and Melania, although much less expensive for former President than an incumbent one. Barron will have a security detail too, since he's under 16...

That is if there's anything to what DF said.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 01:41:20 PM »

I would be very much in favor of this if John Chiang was appointed to her seat. Or Gavin Newsom, to clear the way for Governor John Chiang.

In any case, I don't believe Feinstein, Trump's too proud to resign so soon. Something really big has to happen.

Like the AP outing his campaign manager as an covertly paid illegal agent for the Russian government explicitly working to change US policy to be pro-Putin? Something along those lines?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »

LOL, he wouldn't have resigned in 1974. So even if it gets as bad as Watergate, Agent Orange would never resign, because his ego doesn't allow it.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »

I'm thoroughly skeptical of this. As others have said, Trump doesn't like to lose. Resigning = losing. He'll have to be impeached.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

The question that must be answered is

What is more important to Trump, the nation, or his business empire?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies