Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:10:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Donald Trump will resign 'soon', says top Democrat Dianne Feinstein  (Read 4688 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 05:09:40 PM »

Unless there's a scheduled impeachment hearing or his approvals get down to 15% or something, he ain't goin' anywhere.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »

People are saying that Trump's ego won't let him resign.

But in my view, if his life becomes so negative because of the political responsibilities, and if it starts affecting his ability to go play golf every single weekend, then what would be more important to Trump? Golf and his business empire, or being President?

To me it's a no brainer. Trump is a very shallow man.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:30 PM »

I'm thoroughly skeptical of this. As others have said, Trump doesn't like to lose. Resigning = losing. He'll have to be impeached.

Losses can be turned into wins with the generous application of alternative facts! If Trump decides to call it quits, he'll just hold a press conference at which he''ll declare that he has fulfilled all of his campaign promises, that he has accomplished more in one year than Obama did in eight, that his administration has been the most successful of all time, and that since he has accomplished what he came to the White House to do, he is leaving the country in the capable hands of Mike Pence.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »

If she really knew something was coming, why would she be dropping hints to the public?? How unproffesional is that.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 06:21:27 PM »

If she really knew something was coming, why would she be dropping hints to the public?? How unproffesional is that.

Maybe she might have pulled a "trump" but at least it's giving some of us hope.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »

Hey, Feinstein, if he doesn't resign, how about you resign instead?

I would be very much in favor of this if John Chiang was appointed to her seat. Or Gavin Newsom, to clear the way for Governor John Chiang.

In any case, I don't believe Feinstein, Trump's too proud to resign so soon. Something really big has to happen.

Like the AP outing his campaign manager as an covertly paid illegal agent for the Russian government explicitly working to change US policy to be pro-Putin? Something along those lines?
Even bigger than that, yes. I think the Manafort issue is extremely dangerous, but still not quite incriminating enough for Trump to resign.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »

We ought to take to the streets if the unelected Pence even looks at the keys. Our scariest days could be upon us.

Let's just hope he declines to run for re-election

Pence was elected - he was on the same ticket...
Axel Foley
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 07:44:08 AM by Axel Foley »

I am wondering...if Trump was forced out of office because of his campaign collusion with the Russians over Dems' hacking, would Pence be a legitimate President? After all, he would have benefitted from this illicit operation too, albeit- I suppose- unknowingly and unwillingly...maybe the right thing in this case could be a fresh election( in 2018) after a Ryan caretaking presidency...I know Constitution doesn't state this, but could be amended to afford such an unprecedented situation...it's not only about removing Trump and the day after acting like nothing has happened because the only goal of all this story was kicking him out, it is about to assume if the 2016 election was 100% free and fair: this is up for grabs, in my humble opinion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 07:54:05 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 08:28:25 AM by Brittain33 »

[message deleted; Torie's link below covers what I said.]
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »

Hmmmm.  I never thought I would ever become a conspiracy theorist type, but whatever. And well, the Pubs sure seem to be in a perfervid hurry to move their "health" care bill forward now don't they?

EnglishPete

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »

But in my view, if his life becomes so negative because of the political responsibilities, and if it starts affecting his ability to go play golf every single weekend, then what would be more important to Trump? Golf and his business empire, or being President?

Its obvious that many of the Dems, and a few of the Republicans, pursuing this "Trump conspired with the Russians" conspiracy theory have an incredibly vindictive attitude to this. they obviously can't forgive Trump for winning an election that they wanted him to lose and they want to pursue charges against him. Trump resigning won't satisfy them. They will take it as an admission of guilt of these charges and at the same time by taking away his power it will take away his ability to defend himself.

Trump has absolutely nothing to gain by resigning and no motive for doing so.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »

This is accurate.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 09:57:32 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 09:59:04 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Hmmmm.  I never thought I would ever become a conspiracy theorist type, but whatever. And well, the Pubs sure seem to be in a perfervid hurry to move their "health" care bill forward now don't they?

I don't think Trump pays much attention to consistently wrong hacks like Larry Sabato, Torie. The idea that he has a ceiling of 25-30% is ridiculous and not supported by any polling at all.

That is precisely Sabato's point actually. The polls are polling phantom Trump "voters." All those angry beer bellied white male voters in Bumfuk PA, just down the road from Grumps' place, worried about when the Mexicans will discover their zip code, really can't make time in their busy deer hunting and beer guzzling schedule to vote. I look forward to my schadenfreude when this particular leg of the twin evils goes down in flames. But, hey, have fun in the meantime!

The Republicans are in a hurry over healthcare because they have no solution and know the bill is a disaster. Best to move on to taxes which will only be a mild disaster and in some way a position. Still a net failure but better than a complete and total failure to everyone.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »

Its obvious that many of the Dems, and a few of the Republicans, pursuing this "Trump conspired with the Russians" conspiracy theory have an incredibly vindictive attitude to this. they obviously can't forgive Trump for winning an election that they wanted him to lose and they want to pursue charges against him. Trump resigning won't satisfy them. They will take it as an admission of guilt of these charges and at the same time by taking away his power it will take away his ability to defend himself.

Imagine that the Democratic winner had gotten much aid from China, having praised Chinese leadership for innovative policies, some of which include the stealing of intellectual property. It praises Chinese communists instead of European and American leaders. Many Democrats would smell a rat and would be unhappy.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »

Feinstein was just trying to please a crowd of protestors here.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

Mike Pence was complicit in treason in a desperate bid to become Vice President.  He must resign immediately.

Reminder: Mike Pence lost the Vice Presidential election by 3 million votes.
Klartext89

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »

That's the point. They are undermining his presidency, like the birtherism group did with Obama, and the Dems did with Bush before. When will it ever stop?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »

Mike Pence was complicit in treason in a desperate bid to become Vice President.  He must resign immediately.

Big Deal!

He won the EV, and that's what counts!
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »

That's the point. They are undermining his presidency, like the birtherism group did with Obama, and the Dems did with Bush before. When will it ever stop?

Trump's presidency needs undermining, frankly.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »

Trump is doing more than enough of the heavy lifting when it comes to undermining his own presidency. He's his own worst enemy in terms of establishing credibility.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »

Big Deal!

Defend that archaic process at your own peril.  The fact is, Mike Pence, as President, would not merely be unelected.  He would have LOST the election and then been installed anyway!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »

Mike Pence was complicit in treason in a desperate bid to become Vice President.  He must resign immediately.

Big Deal!

Defend that archaic process at your own peril.  The fact is, Mike Pence, as President, would not merely be unelected.  He would have LOST the election and then been installed anyway!

Yeah, even I find Paul Ryan more tolerable than Mike Pence. Ideally, we'd find a way to try him too though for Crimes Against Humanity and deprivation of human rights.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »

Mike Pence was complicit in treason in a desperate bid to become Vice President.  He must resign immediately.

Big Deal!

Defend that archaic process at your own peril.  The fact is, Mike Pence, as President, would not merely be unelected.  He would have LOST the election and then been installed anyway!

Yeah, even I find Paul Ryan more tolerable than Mike Pence. Ideally, we'd find a way to try him too though for Crimes Against Humanity and deprivation of human rights.

Laughable in the extreme.

If Trump resigns, Pence becomes President, simple as that.  And Pence will make a very fine President indeed.

You prove that Pence has committed any  treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors, then get back to us.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »

You must be new here
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »

Big Deal!

Laughable in the extreme.

If Trump resigns, Pence becomes President, simple as that.  And Pence will make a very fine President indeed.

You prove that Pence has committed any  treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors, then get back to us.

I frankly hate the GOP agenda, but I believe that Pence would bring political experience to the job whereas Trump....well....as you see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies