BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:36:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia  (Read 2941 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
« edited: March 22, 2017, 05:30:14 PM by Gass3268 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »

Rand Paul is on notice! Oh, and maybe also Trump.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »

Justice John
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Approved.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »

Nice. Hopefully the ball gets rolling.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »

See he finally found his spine
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »

Great News!   Get that sleazy Nunes guy out of that business. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 06:47:34 PM »

Viva, John McCain, Viva! Smiley
mencken
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »

Does McCain have a list of 205 names of Russian spies secretly working for the Trump campaign?
EnglishPete

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

Does McCain have a list of 205 names of Russian spies secretly working for the Trump campaign?
Joe McCarthy was a hero and John McCain wouldn't have been fit to lace his boots.
EnglishPete

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »

You know if John McCain had out as much determination into battling Obama in the 2008 election as he has into pursuing his grudge against President Trump maybe he could have become president himself. I wonder if he ever thinks about that?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 08:11:25 PM »

Joe McCarthy was a hero and John McCain wouldn't have been fit to lace his boots.

Anyone who questions Great Leader is wrong. Got it.

When the realization kicks in that you supported a criminal guilty of treason, I hope you come back here and admit it to everyone. I have been looking for someone in your cult to finally admit they were wrong.
EnglishPete

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 02:47:10 AM »

When the realization kicks in that you supported a criminal guilty of treason, I hope you come back here and admit it to everyone. I have been looking for someone in your cult to finally admit they were wrong.
LOL

From the Salem witch trails to the Cultural Revolution to today. People like you are so predictable.

Confession! I want a confession!

You did consort with the devil! CONFESS!

You are a counterrevolutionary! CONFESS!

You did support Trump conspiring with Putin! CONFESS!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 02:05:35 PM »

John McCain is a deranged, warmongering pig. He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »

He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.

what the heck is a "democracy cultist"?

Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »

LOL

From the Salem witch trails to the Cultural Revolution to today. People like you are so predictable.

You are criticising other people for supporting witch trials when. You yourself are endorsing literal McCarthyism Cool
EnglishPete

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »

LOL

You are criticising other people for supporting witch trials when. You yourself are endorsing literal McCarthyism Cool

As far as McCarthy goes he was doing his job as a Senator investigating the problem of communist party members and supporters working in the State Department. This was not only illegal, such political extremists were specifically banned by law from working there, but was also a serious security risk. Perhaps even worse such people exercised a malign influence on US policy influencing it in way that is favourable to communism. In this they were supported by Democratic Party leadership who covered up this infiltration.

Everyone publicly identified by McCarthy as a communist, and he was very careful about not publicly naming people as such where he felt the evidence was insufficiently strong, was confirmed by later research to be one. They were not the innocent victims they were portrayed to be. Would you be unconcerned if German Bund members had joined the State Department before or during America's entry into WWII?

The hysteria of McCarthyism came not from the Senator himself but from his opponents. Their dishonest and hysterical misrepresentations of McCarty have become received wisdom for 60 years. They had far more in common with witch hunters than McCarthy ever did. Chief among them, of course, was the Liberal media, The New York Times, most other newspapers, and of course the broadcast media. Most famously of course Ed Murrow's well known hatchet job.

I have to wonder how the history of McCarthyism would have gone if there had not been the liberal media monopoly there was in the US at the time and until the 90s. If Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Breitbart,Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Infowars had all the time. If McCarthy supporters had been able to respond to the media attacks with their own debunking YouTube videos, blogs and facebook articles. If they had been able to tweet frog memes at Murrow during his show instead of having to passively watch it at home.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »

He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.

Easy, neocons and neoliberals whose only concern is if the regime in question is "Democratic". They are even willing to invade countries and incite violent revolutions to achieve this goal. Or, for a short answer, people who prefer Yeltsin to Putin.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 03:44:07 PM »

Or, for a short answer, people who prefer Yeltsin to Putin.

ah, you should have said so the first time, now i know i am a fellow cultist.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »

Chief among them, of course, was the Liberal media, The New York Times, most other newspapers, and of course the broadcast media. Most famously of course Ed Murrow's well known hatchet job.

I have to wonder how the history of McCarthyism would have gone if there had not been the liberal media monopoly there was in the US at the time and until the 90s. If Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Breitbart,Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, Infowars had all the time. If McCarthy supporters had been able to respond to the media attacks with their own debunking YouTube videos, blogs and facebook articles. If they had been able to tweet frog memes at Murrow during his show instead of having to passively watch it at home.

True to form, it's always the liberal media's fault. At this point Pete, the extra writing here is all rather superfluous. We know the drill with you. Just say "liberal media" and we can fill in the blanks.

It's always interested me that for as obsessed with the modern media as you are, you seem willfully ignorant or at least completely oblivious of the often-enormous shortcomings of the conservative media. I mean, day after day on this forum, you parade around Breitbart as if it is actually a suitable alternative to the institutions you so vehemently decry.

And did you just mention Infowars as a worthwhile source of information?
Klartext89

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »

Someone searching for reasons to get to war. I hope you will still applaude him when Europe is a battlefield for "freedom" and "democracy"
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 04:41:53 PM »

Someone searching for reasons to get to war. I hope you will still applaude him when Europe is a battlefield for "freedom" and "democracy"

if he would have answered like that, i wouldn't have replied. since he used it as a club to praise a dictator, i feel myself on solid ground opposing this.
Klartext89

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 04:55:58 PM by Klartext89 »

if he would have answered like that, i wouldn't have replied. since he used it as a club to praise a dictator, i feel myself on solid ground opposing this.

It's bad when people get locked up for having the "wrong" opinion, getting threats when entering legal parties, getting beaten or property destroyed by government-paid troops, getting police visits when posting "hate" (=what the government declares for "hate") on social media, LOSE their job because of  "block waiting" or get silenced because of threats to tell the employer etc.

Sadly, I'm not speaking about Russia but about Western European countries, especially my own.

Maybe you better weak up and open your eyes. Not really helpful to talk about your neighbour when your own house is in flames.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »

Chief among them, of course, was the Liberal media, The New York Times, most other newspapers, and of course the broadcast media. Most famously of course Ed Murrow's well known hatchet job.

True to form, it's always the liberal media's fault. At this point Pete, the extra writing here is all rather superfluous. We know the drill with you. Just say "liberal media" and we can fill in the blanks.

It's always interested me that for as obsessed with the modern media as you are, you seem willfully ignorant or at least completely oblivious of the often-enormous shortcomings of the conservative media. I mean, day after day on this forum, you parade around Breitbart as if it is actually a suitable alternative to the institutions you so vehemently decry.

And did you just mention Infowars as a worthwhile source of information?

He's literally defending McCarthyism, I think it's safe to say he's the type that's susceptible to being an authoritarian lackey (posting history backs this up as well). They aren't exactly known for their rational judgement and impartiality.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies