BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: BREAKING: John McCain calls for a select committee on Russia  (Read 2942 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2017, 07:01:22 PM by EnglishPete »

He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.

what the heck is a "democracy cultist"?

Someone searching for reasons to get to war. I hope you will still applaude him when Europe is a battlefield for "freedom" and "democracy"

if he would have answered like that, i wouldn't have replied. since he used it as a club to praise a dictator, i feel myself on solid ground opposing this.

It's bad when people get locked up for having the "wrong" opinion, getting threats when entering legal parties, getting beaten or property destroyed by government-paid troops, getting police visits when posting "hate" (=what the government declares for "hate") on social media, LOSE their job because of  "block waiting" or get silenced because of threats to tell the employer etc.

Sadly, I'm not speaking about Russia but about Western European countries, especially my own.

Maybe you better weak up and open your eyes. Not really helpful to talk about your neighbour when your own house is in flames.

Come on now you know the drill.

Joe McCarthy causes a few left wing extremists to lose their government jobs = A horrific attack on freedom that must be condemned down the generations

left wing governments and supporting activists cause literally thousands on people on the right whose opinions they don't like to be sacked from work of any kind, arrested, imprisoned, threatened and assaulted with impunity by street activists acting with the complicity and support of government, economically boycotted with the support and encouragement of authorities etc etc. All this goes on for decades = nothing to see here, Germany/UK/Sweden/etc are free and open democratic societies.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »

Can you guys please stop allowing the village idiot to derail threads?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »

Can you guys please stop allowing the village idiot to derail threads?
But I made popcorn!
Klartext89

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:16 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 07:21:54 AM by Klartext89 »

Pete,

Germany is a left-wing dictatorship now. If you speak out against the politics here you risk to be shamed online, insane left hate groups to threat your employer if he doesn't fire you, attack your property or even your life. Happens every day here. (Yesterday an instruction from the biggest public sector Union was released in which they give advise how to "handle the problem of right populist at work")...

The government pays left extremists groups ("AntiFa") to vandalize and riot against non-left parties, caucuses etc., there's no word of outrage if an AfD parliament Leader gets his car burned, was minutes away from getting his house burned and his Family killed by these extremists who should be locked up.

And, to be clear, I know what I am talking about. Once spoke out at a Facebook page against an asylum problem in my region and got my car tires destroyed by night and a left-wing homepage which should be banned because of promoting crimes celebrated it.

That's every day life here. I'm simply sick and tired of foreign people telling me how great it is here when I can't join a legal political party because I would risk my Job, can't use my Constitutional right to express my opinion.

Europe dies because of these "moderates" who always cave to the Left because of fear and don't want to see what they want to implement or are implementing.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 03:10:14 AM »

He wouldn't care about Russia if it didn't happen to have a regime he and his other democracy cultists didn't like.

what the heck is a "democracy cultist"?

Someone searching for reasons to get to war. I hope you will still applaude him when Europe is a battlefield for "freedom" and "democracy"

if he would have answered like that, i wouldn't have replied. since he used it as a club to praise a dictator, i feel myself on solid ground opposing this.

It's bad when people get locked up for having the "wrong" opinion, getting threats when entering legal parties, getting beaten or property destroyed by government-paid troops, getting police visits when posting "hate" (=what the government declares for "hate") on social media, LOSE their job because of  "block waiting" or get silenced because of threats to tell the employer etc.

Sadly, I'm not speaking about Russia but about Western European countries, especially my own.

Maybe you better weak up and open your eyes. Not really helpful to talk about your neighbour when your own house is in flames.

Come on now you know the drill.

Joe McCarthy causes a few left wing extremists to lose their government jobs = A horrific attack on freedom that must be condemned down the generations

left wing governments and supporting activists cause literally thousands on people on the right whose opinions they don't like to be sacked from work of any kind, arrested, imprisoned, threatened and assaulted with impunity by street activists acting with the complicity and support of government, economically boycotted with the support and encouragement of authorities etc etc. All this goes on for decades = nothing to see here, Germany/UK/Sweden/etc are free and open democratic societies.

You know nothing, literally nothing about it. McCarthy was a children birthday party against what is going on in especially Germany today.

Germany is a left-wing dictatorship now. If you speak out against the politics here you risk to be shamed online, insane left hate groups to threat your employer if he doesn't fire you, attack your property or even your life. Happens every day here. (Yesterday an instruction from the biggest public sector Union was released in which they give advise how to "handle the problem of right populist at work")...

The government pays left extremists groups ("AntiFa") to vandalize and riot against non-left parties, caucuses etc., there's no word of outrage if an AfD parliament Leader gets his car burned, was minutes away from getting his house burned and his Family killed by these extremists who should be locked up.

And, to be clear, I know what I am talking about. Once spoke out at a Facebook page against an asylum problem in my region and got my car tires destroyed by night and a left-wing homepage which should be banned because of promoting crimes celebrated it.

That's every day life here. I'm simply sick and tired of foreign people telling me how great it is here when I can't join a legal political party because I would risk my Job, can't use my Constitutional right to express my opinion.

Europe dies because of these "moderates" like you who always cave to the Left because of fear and don't want to see what they want to implement or are implementing.

lol.
Klartext89

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:13 AM »

The Left in a nutshell:

Putin is threatening reporters? Go to war!

People I disagree with lose their job, get property destroyed? LOL, well done, go on!

Mr. Intell, there's no need to buckle down, you can write what you really think about it, that you loved reading that my tires once got destroyed for having a different opinion. I know that the Leftists are literally fascists and only acept their view ;-)

Liberals/Leftists are always tolerant - until you disagree with them.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 03:35:17 AM »

The Left in a nutshell:

People I disagree with lose their job, get property destroyed? LOL, well done, go on!

Mr. Intell, there's no need to buckle down, you can write what you really think about it, that you loved reading that my tires once got destroyed for having a different opinion. I know that the Leftists are literally fascists and only acept their view ;-)

lol, actually have evidence o anything you're stating. Stop acting like you're tolerant of other people's opinions, you're not.
Klartext89

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 03:44:38 AM »

The Left in a nutshell:

lol, actually have evidence o anything you're stating. Stop acting like you're tolerant of other people's opinions, you're not.

Of course I have, you can read about it every day, but I doubt you speak German and - let's be honest - you don't care about, so why wasting time ;-)

I am tolerant - as you may know, I'm no Leftists.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 04:05:45 AM »

The Left in a nutshell:

Of course I have, you can read about it every day, but I doubt you speak German and - let's be honest - you don't care about, so why wasting time ;-)

So you have no proof, and spew out shi*t, and you're not tolerant, stop trying to say you are.
Klartext89

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 04:15:42 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 04:17:15 AM by Klartext89 »

The Left in a nutshell:

So you have no proof, and spew out shi*t, and you're not tolerant, stop trying to say you are.

LMAO.

http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2017-01/landgericht-dresden-afd-richter-jens-maier

Judge gets other (less important) duties (and is of course blocked for Promotion for voicing non-left opinion.

https://sciencefiles.org/2017/03/23/ver-di-verfassungsfeindliche-gewerkschaft-macht-hetzjagd-auf-andersdenkende-afdler/

Public sector Union gives advice how to destroy "right wing populist at work" through bullying and getting them fired. Worked well in East German dictatorship.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/rhein-main/afd-mitglieder-duerfen-nicht-bei-awo-arbeiten-14104708.html

AfD-members and voters are not allowed to work for "worker welfare" organisation which mainly lives through public money.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/kriminalitaet/auto-von-ehefrau-des-afd-politikers-uwe-junge-brennt-aus-14905505.html

car of AfD parliament leader of a state parliament burns, Left celebrates it like IS in the Internet.

Want more?

I'm pretty sure everyone with an open mind can see who of us both has a problem with the other ones opinion. Little hint: It's not me ;-)

And I apologize to everyone else for giving trolls like you so much room...
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 04:50:12 AM »

The Left in a nutshell:

LMAO.

http://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2017-01/landgericht-dresden-afd-richter-jens-maier

Judge gets other (less important) duties (and is of course blocked for Promotion for voicing non-left opinion.

https://sciencefiles.org/2017/03/23/ver-di-verfassungsfeindliche-gewerkschaft-macht-hetzjagd-auf-andersdenkende-afdler/

Public sector Union gives advice how to destroy "right wing populist at work" through bullying and getting them fired. Worked well in East German dictatorship.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/rhein-main/afd-mitglieder-duerfen-nicht-bei-awo-arbeiten-14104708.html

AfD-members and voters are not allowed to work for "worker welfare" organisation which mainly lives through public money.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/kriminalitaet/auto-von-ehefrau-des-afd-politikers-uwe-junge-brennt-aus-14905505.html

car of AfD parliament leader of a state parliament burns, Left celebrates it like IS in the Internet.

Want more?

I'm pretty sure everyone with an open mind can see who of us both has a problem with the other ones opinion. Little hint: It's not me ;-)

And I apologize to everyone else for giving trolls like you so much room...

Calling the holocaust and the nazi regime a guilty cult, signifies someone should not be a judge yes, and being linked with a person that said  the Holocaust memorial and monument of disgrace, especially would be that.

The judge had already been criticized as early as 2016 when, at the request of the NPD, he had forbidden critical statements on the right-wing radical party to the renowned political scientist Steffen Kailitz. At last, he had declared himself to be a prisoner of conscience in the case of an AfD parliamentary deputy against Saxony's cultural office. "With the resolved change of jurisdiction, these problems will be avoided in the future," said the district court Dresden.

I think the fact that a politician was burned, however and these groups should be brought to justice, and this is a far-left-wing group that does that, but it is not the state in Germany that the german political left denys the free speech of the right.

However, not only right-wing politicians are attacked - on the contrary. According to a report of the "Tagesschau", there were more than 140 right-wing attacks against politicians of parties in the Bundestag in 2016. Particularly affected were Linkspartei and CDU . In the exact same article so ok.

An organisation has decided that it will not allow AfD member into their welfare club (and it is independent organisation that gets public money), boo hoo, must be a sign that the government denys free speech. Roll Eyes And from the article these are churches, and yes churches have the right to mandate that their members should not be AfD members.

I oppose the union thing, but this again is not done by the left-wing government.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »

Does McCain have a list of 205 names of Russian spies secretly working for the Trump campaign?
Joe McCarthy was a hero and John McCain wouldn't have been fit to lace his boots.

Joseph R. McCarthy was a liar, a demagogue, and a hypocrite.

The number of spies got cut down to a dew security risks -- people who could be blackmailed, like people with relatives behind the Iron Curtain (which would include just about any Polish-American, Czech-American,  Hungarian-American, or Chinese-American), homosexuals, and drug addicts. As an alcoholic and a gambler on credit, McCarthy himself would have been a security risk. He ended up exposing no spies or traitors. Others, like Richard M. Nixon, did.  The worst, the Rosenberg spy ring, were nailed by regular law enforcement.

President Trump is practically a foreign agent. He's allegedly a conservative, but he praised Vladimir Putin but not the usual Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher who have been usual darlings of American conservatives. This is fishier than the Friday Night special at the Knights of Columbus. (In case you don't get it, don't expect ham or beef).    
Klartext89

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 05:31:03 AM »

Calling the holocaust and the nazi regime a guilty cult, signifies someone should not be a judge yes, and being linked with a person that said  the Holocaust memorial and monument of disgrace, especially would be that.

The judge had already been criticized as early as 2016 when, at the request of the NPD, he had forbidden critical statements on the right-wing radical party to the renowned political scientist Steffen Kailitz. At last, he had declared himself to be a prisoner of conscience in the case of an AfD parliamentary deputy against Saxony's cultural office. "With the resolved change of jurisdiction, these problems will be avoided in the future," said the district court Dresden.

I think the fact that a politician was burned, however and these groups should be brought to justice, and this is a far-left-wing group that does that, but it is not the state in Germany that the german political left denys the free speech of the right.

However, not only right-wing politicians are attacked - on the contrary. According to a report of the "Tagesschau", there were more than 140 right-wing attacks against politicians of parties in the Bundestag in 2016. Particularly affected were Linkspartei and CDU . In the exact same article so ok.

An organisation has decided that it will not allow AfD member into their welfare club (and it is independent organisation that gets public money), boo hoo, must be a sign that the government denys free speech. Roll Eyes And from the article these are churches, and yes churches have the right to mandate that their members should not be AfD members.

I oppose the union thing, but this again is not done by the left-wing government.

OMG...

You're just showing an unbelieveable amount of lack of understanding of Democracy, freedom of speech and Germany.

1. Of course the whole Holocaust thing is a guilty cult, that's what the advocates of the cult demand. But - and there's your problem - it's not about that. It's about the fact that a political opinion doesn't make you unfit for a judgeship or any other job. Only in dictatorships this is relevant. One more Point to proof that.

2. Well, a few days ago a higher Court overruled a left-wing judge who ordered a "police visit" at an AfD politician for posting a picture on Facebook. The Court ruled that it was only because the judge did not like the political opinion and had no legal Basis for that. As expected you can't read about it in German newspapers, only on Facebook ;-) And also unsurprisingly there are no consequences for that judge, cause he's on the "right side". Dictatorship.

3. Left-wing Groups get advocated and paid by the German government through lots of "fight against the Right" programms. A State that declares political opinions that are totally mainstream and normal as evil and fights it, is a dictatorship. Nothing less.
Politicians from the old parties often get caught celebrating or making jokes about the violence against non-left politicians/people. Like you they waren't tolerant and only want their opinion to be represented. That goes so far, that they are now talking to change the longest Tradition of parliaments to let the oldest member hold the first speech of a new parliament cause they fear it could be an AfD man. If it wouldn't be so telling, I could laugh...

4. Attacks on Establishment politicians aren't by far not that hard, mostly there are bad posts or Color on their bureaus. I distance myself from that nonsense, too. But it is not paid by government Money as it is in the other case. That's the difference.

5. Churches in Germany have a special deal, given to them ironically by Adolf H. They get tons of tax payer money every year and the government is collecting the "church tax" of every church aliented tax payer for them. To allow such anti-democratic actions should mean that they lose their privileges. But of course there's not even a word of criticism heard of the Establishment parties.

6. Good that you distance yourself from this Union Thing, I appreciate. But also you don't understand that These Union bosses have Hugh influence of often party positions in German Establishment parties. The big point is again the silence towards such Action from media and politicians.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 06:02:47 AM »

OMG...

You're just showing an unbelieveable amount of lack of understanding of Democracy, freedom of speech and Germany.

1. Of course the whole Holocaust thing is a guilty cult, that's what the advocates of the cult demand. But - and there's your problem - it's not about that. It's about the fact that a political opinion doesn't make you unfit for a judgeship or any other job. Only in dictatorships this is relevant. One more Point to proof that.

2. Well, a few days ago a higher Court overruled a left-wing judge who ordered a "police visit" at an AfD politician for posting a picture on Facebook. The Court ruled that it was only because the judge did not like the political opinion and had no legal Basis for that. As expected you can't read about it in German newspapers, only on Facebook ;-) And also unsurprisingly there are no consequences for that judge, cause he's on the "right side". Dictatorship.

3. Left-wing Groups get advocated and paid by the German government through lots of "fight against the Right" programms. A State that declares political opinions that are totally mainstream and normal as evil and fights it, is a dictatorship. Nothing less.
Politicians from the old parties often get caught celebrating or making jokes about the violence against non-left politicians/people. Like you they waren't tolerant and only want their opinion to be represented. That goes so far, that they are now talking to change the longest Tradition of parliaments to let the oldest member hold the first speech of a new parliament cause they fear it could be an AfD man. If it wouldn't be so telling, I could laugh...

4. Attacks on Establishment politicians aren't by far not that hard, mostly there are bad posts or Color on their bureaus. I distance myself from that nonsense, too. But it is not paid by government Money as it is in the other case. That's the difference.

5. Churches in Germany have a special deal, given to them ironically by Adolf H. They get tons of tax payer money every year and the government is collecting the "church tax" of every church aliented tax payer for them. To allow such anti-democratic actions should mean that they lose their privileges. But of course there's not even a word of criticism heard of the Establishment parties.

6. Good that you distance yourself from this Union Thing, I appreciate. But also you don't understand that These Union bosses have Hugh influence of often party positions in German Establishment parties. The big point is again the silence towards such Action from media and politicians.

Also no evidence to see that attacks have been funded by the government.

Ok what is this fight against the right, since the Merkel government is right-wing and the vast majority of the german history has been dominated by the right, including nazi apologists, I'm going to go and venture, that fight the right is fighting against nazism and fascist ideologies.

I'm going to answer #6, the influence that unions have is towards left-wing economic policy (how little they do this), not this.

Yes certain opinions do make you unfit for the courts, especially one that praises or at the very lest excuses nazis. This is not a dictatorship, get over your self.

I do not know what the specifiec scenario in germany is, but across many countries including the west, you aren't allowed to be part of communist and socialist parties, and in most cases those chruches were funded by the government.

Pro-refugee people have also gotten their cars attacked, and their house vandalised and gotten killed.

I guess the right has a huge pursecution complex.

And since McCarthy would imprision you, take you away from their families, no McCarthy was worse, because the german government isn't bad.
EnglishPete

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 06:04:49 AM »

Does McCain have a list of 205 names of Russian spies secretly working for the Trump campaign?
Joe McCarthy was a hero and John McCain wouldn't have been fit to lace his boots.

OK, name one person identified as a communist by McCarthy who was innocent of the charge. It was illegal at the time for political extremists to be employed at the State Department. Would you have been so unconcerned about nazi supporters being employed there (also illegal). No of course not but then for you, no doubt, being a communist is less reprehensible than being nazi and you think even if they did support communism they should have been given a break.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lets get a few facts straight here shall we.  McCarthy originally claimed to have a list of 57 suspected communists (not 205 as later errorneously reported in some places) and that list was eventually lengthened, not shortened. The various people who were publically named by him in his Senate work (and he was careful not to name those for whom he had insufficient evidence) were later shown by later research to indeed be guilty of that charge. Owen Lattimore, Annie Lee Moss, Dorothy Kenyon, Haldore Hanson, Esther Brunner, Gustavo Duran etc, etc. All communist party supporters.
EnglishPete

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 06:10:55 AM »

Ok what is this fight against the right, since the Merkel government is right-wing
The Merkel government is a coalition between her own centrist CDU party and the left wing SPD party. How on earth is that right wing?

Since 1949 every German Chancellor has either been from the centrist CDU party or the left wing SPD party.
Klartext89

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 06:15:41 AM »

Ok what is this fight against the right, since the Merkel government is right-wing and the vast majority of the german history has been dominated by the right, including nazi apologists, I'm going to go and venture, that fight the right is fighting against nazism and fascist ideologies.

I'm going to answer #6, the influence that unions have is towards left-wing economic policy (how little they do this), not this.

Yes certain opinions do make you unfit for the courts, especially one that praises or at the very lest excuses nazis. This is not a dictatorship, get over your self.

I do not know what the specifiec scenario in germany is, but across many countries including the west, you aren't allowed to be part of communist and socialist parties, and in most cases those chruches were funded by the government.

Pro-refugee people have also gotten their cars attacked, and their house vandalised and gotten killed.

And since McCarthy would imprision you, take you away from their families, no McCarthy was worse, because the german government isn't bad.

Calling the Merkel government, the most left-wing government Germany has ever seen, "right-wing" is really testing my stress limit and I'm asking myself whether I can take you as a serious debate Opponent...

You don't like me cause you can't handle the truth ;-)
Lots of evidence and explanation, you simply don't want to accept it. Be honest.

Nope, the governments "fight against Right" is a fight against everyone non-Left, Nazi or facism is the excuse to shut down free speech and implement this left-wing dictatorship. Also, Germanys youngest history is dominated by socialism imprisonning 20 Million people in a state. The Establishment has no shame to work together with this criminals today and even are voting them into high Offices. Hypocrites.

Also, in this minutes there are lots of Germans serving prison sentences for voicing "false" opinions or don't want to pay for a public media that is constantly lying and hating against their views. This is McCarthyism at worst.

Let's conclude this: You like the fact that people with a different opinion tha you have get destroyed, harmed, shamed and removed, that's why you try to justify it with this ridiculous remarks. That's ok for me, cause I didn't expect something different. But just be honest and stop searching excuses or fairy tales. Thanks.

Last: We both know that you would be furious against every government/state doing the same to non-right/left/liberal people ;-)

Please think about yourself, whether this is a human, moral standing.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 06:25:08 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 06:28:43 AM by Intell »

Calling the Merkel government, the most left-wing government Germany has ever seen, "right-wing" is really testing my stress limit and I'm asking myself whether I can take you as a serious debate Opponent...

You don't like me cause you can't handle the truth ;-)
Lots of evidence and explanation, you simply don't want to accept it. Be honest.

Nope, the governments "fight against Right" is a fight against everyone non-Left, Nazi or facism is the excuse to shut down free speech and implement this left-wing dictatorship. Also, Germanys youngest history is dominated by socialism imprisonning 20 Million people in a state. The Establishment has no shame to work together with this criminals today and even are voting them into high Offices. Hypocrites.

Also, in this minutes there are lots of Germans serving prison sentences for voicing "false" opinions or don't want to pay for a public media that is constantly lying and hating against their views. This is McCarthyism at worst.

Let's conclude this: You like the fact that people with a different opinion tha you have get destroyed, harmed, shamed and removed, that's why you try to justify it with this ridiculous remarks. That's ok for me, cause I didn't expect something different. But just be honest and stop searching excuses or fairy tales. Thanks.

Last: We both know that you would be furious against every government/state doing the same to non-right/left/liberal people ;-)

Please think about yourself, whether this is a human, moral standing.

Perhaps because nazism, based upon racial supremacy and deaths because of deaths, and a horrible but not the worst stalinist state is the same thing. Also the german government actually regularly investigates the communist platform wing of die linkie and spies on them (from my cross-continental german leftist friends.) The maoist party and the soviet party, you cannot have many jobs if you are part of them, and in many cases are excluded from unions, are spied upon.

I never stated I did not like you, though since you voted for nazis in Germany and Hungary, I see no reason to like you either.

Merkel is right-wing and her policies are hugely right-wing bar one, though from the way I see it, she will be the Blair of the right.

I want evidence of people being sent to prison for false opinions.

I actually wouldn't not mind the condemnation being done to communists, especially, maoists I do not like and despise.

I also say this about free speech; would be the same if a german citizen, born in germany, says how islamist groups are great etc and Germany needs to be a sharia country etc.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 07:10:37 AM »

OK, name one person identified as a communist by McCarthy who was innocent of the charge. It was illegal at the time for political extremists to be employed at the State Department. Would you have been so unconcerned about nazi supporters being employed there (also illegal). No of course not but then for you, no doubt, being a communist is less reprehensible than being nazi and you think even if they did support communism they should have been given a break.

Lets get a few facts straight here shall we.  McCarthy originally claimed to have a list of 57 suspected communists (not 205 as later erroneously reported in some places) and that list was eventually lengthened, not shortened. The various people who were publically named by him in his Senate work (and he was careful not to name those for whom he had insufficient evidence) were later shown by later research to indeed be guilty of that charge. Owen Lattimore, Annie Lee Moss, Dorothy Kenyon, Haldore Hanson, Esther Brunner, Gustavo Duran etc, etc. All communist party supporters.

1. Whether Stalin was worse than Hitler is a quibble. Murder is always inexcusable, whether it results from a botched armed robbery or serves as a tool of repression or oppression. Good scholarship has reduced the toll of deaths from Stalin by recognizing double-counting (was someone executed for anti-Party activities or being an Enemy of the People? One could be both and thus be double-counted... but dead nonetheless. Also, people charged with mass purges overstated the number of people that they killed so that they could avoid being fired (and worse) for inefficiency, inadequacy, or subordination. Toward the end of his life, one of the harshest critics of Stalin for his death toll (Robert Conquest) recognized these realities. Still, Stalin was one of the greatest serial killers and mass killers of all time.

2. The Iron Curtain is now irrelevant.

3. Homosexuality is now irrelevant as an issue of security risks.

4. Alcoholism and drug use are still potential security risks. I would be wary of hiring an alcoholic for any job requiring responsible behavior.

5. Gambling on credit puts one at risk of committing crimes to pay off debts beyond easy payment.   
Klartext89

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 07:27:10 AM »

I never stated I did not like you, though since you voted for nazis in Germany and Hungary, I see no reason to like you either.

You're losing your mind. But we got to the bottom of the problem: You have a lack of understanding, Definition and everyone you don't agree woíth is Nazi. Get help.

Merkel is right-wing and her policies are hugely right-wing bar one, though from the way I see it, she will be the Blair of the right.

Sorry but, I simply can't take you seriously.

Only because of people reading this - highly tragical - exchange, one case or evidence of Person being imprisoned because of his opinion is e.g. that: http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/protest-mit-folgen-afd-politiker-wegen-jahrelang-nicht-gezahlter-gez-gebuehr-in-haft_id_6581945.html - not even two months old.

And there are way more examples of people getting imprisoned because of § 130 German Criminal Code.
EnglishPete

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »

Lets get a few facts straight here shall we.  McCarthy originally claimed to have a list of 57 suspected communists (not 205 as later erroneously reported in some places) and that list was eventually lengthened, not shortened. The various people who were publically named by him in his Senate work (and he was careful not to name those for whom he had insufficient evidence) were later shown by later research to indeed be guilty of that charge. Owen Lattimore, Annie Lee Moss, Dorothy Kenyon, Haldore Hanson, Esther Brunner, Gustavo Duran etc, etc. All communist party supporters.

1. Whether Stalin was worse than Hitler is a quibble. Murder is always inexcusable, whether it results from a botched armed robbery or serves as a tool of repression or oppression. Good scholarship has reduced the toll of deaths from Stalin by recognizing double-counting (was someone executed for anti-Party activities or being an Enemy of the People? One could be both and thus be double-counted... but dead nonetheless. Also, people charged with mass purges overstated the number of people that they killed so that they could avoid being fired (and worse) for inefficiency, inadequacy, or subordination. Toward the end of his life, one of the harshest critics of Stalin for his death toll (Robert Conquest) recognized these realities. Still, Stalin was one of the greatest serial killers and mass killers of all time.
Ah yes the 'lets blame all of the problems of communism on Stalin' tactic favoured by Trots and other leftists since forever. Not only was Stalin as bad as Hitler, so were Lenin and Trotsky, they just had less time. Also you didn't mention the Holodomor or Lenin's man made famine of 1921. I do hope you're not a Holodomor denier! Over the last 100 years communism has contributed more, by far, to the sum total of human misery than any other ideology.

So is Hitler but people, especially on the left, seem to keep bringing him up. It most certainly was relevant in 1950. What has that to do with any of the communists accused by McCarthy being innocent of the charge. The accusation about McCarthy is that he accused innocent people of being communists. Where is the evidence that they were innocent of the charge.

Again this has nothing to do with the situation in 1950. Social and legal attitudes of the time made homosexuals far more vulnerable to 'honeytrap' blackmail than most others and the view that they were a security risk when in sensitive government jobs was the standard view of the time.

This is a reference to the widespread accusation that McCarthy was a drunk. This accusation was spead about a lot by his opponents but was disputed by others who knew him.

And yet after his opponents in the Senate has 17 years of his financial records trawled through they found no evidence of any criminality caused by his gambling or anything else, in fact he's actually slightly overpaid his taxes.

Now that we've got all that whataboutary out of the way, could you point to a single case of someone accused by McCarthy of being a communist of being innocent.

I've a feeling that, like many leftists your problem with McCarthy isn't that he accused the innocent but that he accused the guilty.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2017, 08:24:45 AM by Intell »

You're losing your mind. But we got to the bottom of the problem: You have a lack of understanding, Definition and everyone you don't agree woíth is Nazi. Get help.

Sorry but, I simply can't take you seriously.

Only because of people reading this - highly tragical - exchange, one case or evidence of Person being imprisoned because of his opinion is e.g. that: http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/protest-mit-folgen-afd-politiker-wegen-jahrelang-nicht-gezahlter-gez-gebuehr-in-haft_id_6581945.html - not even two months old.

And there are way more examples of people getting imprisoned because of § 130 German Criminal Code.

You're the one who previously stated you supported jobbik and golden dawn.

incite hatred against segments of the population or call for violent or arbitrary measures against them in a manner capable of disturbing the peace
to insult, maliciously malign, or defame segments of the population in a manner capable of disturbing the peace
disseminate, publicly make accessible, produce, obtain, supply, stock, offer, announce, commend, undertake to import or export, or facilitate such use by another of written materials that assaults the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning or defaming segments of the population or a previously indicated group
approve of, deny or downplay an act committed under the rule of National Socialism in a manner capable of disturbing the peace

This is law in basically every single country, but more vigorously enforced in Germany.

Again he was arrested not because he was an AfD member, but because he refused to pay an outstanding GEZ, tv license fee.

Merkel is right-wing, her Thatcherite economic policies (only moderated by the SPD), would say she is, as well as her refusal to allow SSM

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »

The number of spies got cut down to a dew security risks -- people who could be blackmailed, like people with relatives behind the Iron Curtain (which would include just about any Polish-American, Czech-American,  Hungarian-American, or Chinese-American), homosexuals, and drug addicts. As an alcoholic and a gambler on credit, McCarthy himself would have been a security risk. He ended up exposing no spies or traitors. Others, like Richard M. Nixon, did.  The worst, the Rosenberg spy ring, were nailed by regular law enforcement.

President Trump is practically a foreign agent. He's allegedly a conservative, but he praised Vladimir Putin but not the usual Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher who have been usual darlings of American conservatives. This is fishier than the Friday Night special at the Knights of Columbus. (In case you don't get it, don't expect ham or beef).    

There's nothing "fishy" about it, unless you don't realize there are different kinds of conservatives. Trump is a nationalist, Pat Buchanan type conservative (though not a full on Paleocon), of course he admires Putin more than Thatcher or Reagan. The neocon, corporatist conservatism they represented is a dying breed.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

House intel source says Nunes trying to "suicide bomb" House Russia investigation w this week's actions
https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/845306341489098752
Fusionmunster

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:10 AM »

House intel source says Nunes trying to "suicide bomb" House Russia investigation w this week's actions
https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/845306341489098752

He's not doing a job. Even if he were, Nunes cant stop the FBI investigation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies