My "Corruption"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:32:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My "Corruption"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My "Corruption"  (Read 2217 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:48:02 PM »

My fellow Americans, I come before you tonight as a man whose honesty and integrity is being questioned. My name has been muddied and sullied. I am here, however, as a product of Atlasia. It is true that NeverAgain and dfw wanted my party's endorsement. It is true I said that me being guaranteed a job would mean my assistance. If that is a crime, lock me up. But know this: neither outright refused me in a derogatory manner or called it dishonorable. 

Perhaps my actions may be considered unethical. Perhaps my movements may be bad. But know this: what I have done has never been called dishonorable by those I deal with. I have never done anything I considered unethical. I have never done anything that the person I was talking to would tell me was unethical. If I am blamed, then I accept it. But those I dealt with are not my exposers.

I also wish to say that the dissolution of my party has stricken me as suspicious. Diptheriadan and dfw engaged in talks about my party. They admitted such to me in front of witnesses in IRC. If I learn of any PM campaign, then there will be a problem. There are other things I know of on this I will disclose of when I am less busy in my personal life.

To summarize: I am not a crook.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:51:04 PM »

Actually that pm was asking for your personal endorsement, you are the one who turned it into a UA thing

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »

Wait, you're supposed to be seen as a crook? Now I'm more suspicious of you than before.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:20:48 AM »

Did you forget to not count you money at the table?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »

the worst denial in history
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:25:00 AM »

um, did you even see Class Conservative denying his gay sex escapades?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 12:12:55 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2017, 12:25:35 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

Actually that pm was asking for your personal endorsement, you are the one who turned it into a UA thing

I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Kingpoleon, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... the UA.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »

I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Kingpoleon, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... the UA.
     Put it back
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »

Put it back

Good catch. I had copy-pasted the bulk of the text in there, so I forgot to indent. Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »

I intend to say this:

Diptheriadan and dfw engaged in conversation about the UA. They admitted as much. Dfw IRC-PMed me, asking many questions which made me suspicious. I threw him off the scent and diptheriadan motioned for the dissolution within a minute or two. I ask that anyone contacted privately about the UA or dissolution thereof prior to or during the vote step forwards. Honesty is the best policy. Perhaps there was no wrongdoing. Please reveal everything said.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »

I intend to say this:

Diptheriadan and dfw engaged in conversation about the UA. They admitted as much. Dfw IRC-PMed me, asking many questions which made me suspicious. I threw him off the scent and diptheriadan motioned for the dissolution within a minute or two. I ask that anyone contacted privately about the UA or dissolution thereof prior to or during the vote step forwards. Honesty is the best policy. Perhaps there was no wrongdoing. Please reveal everything said.
He asked me if the UA Convention was still open, I said it was, that was the extent Tongue

But yeah let's go that interesting conversation you and I had. Where you claimed (supposedly trolling but that is actually how you run your party lol) that your "Party" is not acutally a party and that you hate parties and don't think UA should be a party. Well you're getting your wish Kingpoleon, it's not a party anymore Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »

For example:
01:26:55: <Kingpoleon> Good
01:27:03: <Kingpoleon> We are not a party.
01:27:18: <Kingpoleon> The party system is problematic.
01:27:29: <Kingpoleon> You want to know what we are?
01:27:53: <Kingpoleon> We are a group which is not all the same. We are a group which is embracing its differences.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

The interesting thing was that when Diptherdian ran for Governor in the South, he did so by leaving United Alternative, and then rejoined to deliver one final blow to UA... Let the truth run wild!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »

For example:
01:27:53: <Kingpoleon> We are a group which is not all the same. We are a group which is embracing its differences.

I don't have the log copied. I do happen to know that you repeatedly asked me questions, which me suspicious. I have stated as much above.

Please release this conversation between you and diptheriadan, then.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »

For example:

I don't have the log copied. I do happen to know that you repeatedly asked me questions, which me suspicious. I have stated as much above.

Please release this conversation between you and diptheriadan, then.
it happened here so nah that's against TOS, as for the logs, you don't log you don't win, I learned that the hard way back in October.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »

Kingpoleon, if I wanted to kill off your party i could've done it a long time ago, most have been dissatisfied with your leadership, your party is done, you killed it, enough.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01:23 PM »

Kingpoleon, if I wanted to kill off your party i could've done it a long time ago, most have been dissatisfied with your leadership, your party is done, you killed it, enough.
United Alternative has been a ghost party for months now; honestly, I don't know why anyone would even bother to try and kill it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »

Can somebody explain to me what exactly is going here (in 100 words or less) and why it's a scandal? I've skimmed a good bit and actually heard whispers about something to do with this weeks ago, but I'm still failing to understand why we're dissolving parties and leaking logs over this. Love a good scandal, though!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »

Can somebody explain to me what exactly is going here (in 100 words or less) and why it's a scandal? I've skimmed a good bit and actually heard whispers about something to do with this weeks ago, but I'm still failing to understand why we're dissolving parties and leaking logs over this. Love a good scandal, though!
Kingpoleon tried to trade SoS for President to me and NeverAgain (as in UA endorsement) and he tried to blackmail Blair after I gave my side of the story with SG back in October thinking Blair wanted to cover it up. I apparently destroyed the United Alternative too.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 07:44:44 PM »

Kingpoleon tried to trade SoS for President to me and NeverAgain (as in UA endorsement) and he tried to blackmail Blair after I gave my side of the story with SG back in October thinking Blair wanted to cover it up. I apparently destroyed the United Alternative too.

Hmm, that just sounds like political negotiating to me - though why anybody would want to try to throw their weight around and risk getting "outed" for positions most players don't pay attention to is beyond me. The blackmailing is Deeply Disturbing, though!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »

Hmm, that just sounds like political negotiating to me - though why anybody would want to try to throw their weight around and risk getting "outed" for positions most players don't pay attention to is beyond me. The blackmailing is Deeply Disturbing, though!
I never blackmailed anybody. I did pretend to do so to test Blair's integrity. He, too, did not reject me outright. I never accused dfw of destroying UA. I simply mentioned what I was told.

As for this matter, being allowed to release IRC logs which are done via PM and privately but not being allowed to release PMs on here is a double standard. Either delete the IRC logs from here and issue an apology for revealing private conversation(whether truthful or not), or release your entire unedited PM conversation with Diptheriadan.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »

I never blackmailed anybody. I did pretend to do so to test Blair's integrity. He, too, did not reject me outright. I never accused dfw of destroying UA. I simply mentioned what I was told.

As for this matter, being allowed to release IRC logs which are done via PM and privately but not being allowed to release PMs on here is a double standard. Either delete the IRC logs from here and issue an apology for revealing private conversation(whether truthful or not), or release your entire unedited PM conversation with Diptheriadan.
It's not a double standard it's literally against the terms of service of Atlas forum to release ATLAS pm's, it's not against them to release IRC logs tho, catch 22 'poleon
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 10:47:11 PM »

It's not a double standard it's literally against the terms of service of Atlas forum to release ATLAS pm's, it's not against them to release IRC logs tho, catch 22 'poleon
So we can release what the PMs say, just not the actual PM quoted?

Please refer me to the terms of service - I thought it was just standard, rather than "against the terms of service". You are probably right, I just wish to verify it.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »

So we can release what the PMs say, just not the actual PM quoted?

Please refer me to the terms of service - I thought it was just standard, rather than "against the terms of service". You are probably right, I just wish to verify it.
I asked a mod to post it for you
diptheriadan

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 11:02:56 PM »

Kingpo, there was no secret IRC conspiracy. Me and DFW were talking/venting about the UA. I mentioned that I planned to motion for dissolution during the next convention and that I would have if the current one was still going on. He said that the convention was still going on and sent me the link. I clicked on the link and motioned for dissolution. That's it as far as my involvement goes. As for my saying that the UA "wasn't a party", that's my honest belief and it's hardly enough evidence for an indictment.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies