Ivanka Trump receives West Wing office and security clearance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:44:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ivanka Trump receives West Wing office and security clearance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ivanka Trump receives West Wing office and security clearance  (Read 402 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »

This thread will probably get a lot fewer replies than the one about Chelsea Clinton the Expedia board.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-classified-information-access/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why does she need any of this?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »

It's obvious that Trump cannot function without her at his side. She's got more humanity than he ever could have, and for a rich girl she's relatively in touch with reality. (I did say "relatively.") And while I believe that Trump is mentally unstable -- he proves it over and over again to the point of undeniability -- I think she keeps her father less mentally unstable than he would be without her influence.

So while the American public might not approve of her having so much power and influence over the President, it's probably the lesser of the two evils to have her in the WH.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »

This thread will probably get a lot fewer replies than the one about Chelsea Clinton the Expedia board.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-classified-information-access/

Why does she need any of this?

Will she be acting First Lady while Melania stays in New York (and sometimes Florida)?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »

So she is an employee, except they won't call her an employee. Who has standing to bring a lawsuit against this as nepotism?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »

@realDonaldTrump
5:28am - 11/16/16
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/798850338384023552
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 02:29:08 PM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

It's obvious that Trump cannot function without her at his side. She's got more humanity than he ever could have, and for a rich girl she's relatively in touch with reality. (I did say "relatively.") And while I believe that Trump is mentally unstable -- he proves it over and over again to the point of undeniability -- I think she keeps her father less mentally unstable than he would be without her influence.

So while the American public might not approve of her having so much power and influence over the President, it's probably the lesser of the two evils to have her in the WH.

^^ Basically this.

Best case scenario at this point is that Ivanka takes away daddy's twitter.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »

If you not only believe what the Twit-in-Chief says, but think it will serve as evidence to persuade anyone not already in the cult, then you are even more foolish than the typical cultists.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 02:46:22 PM »

^^ Basically this.

Best case scenario at this point is that Ivanka takes away daddy's twitter.

Even better, she steers him into a bubble of flattery and lets him campaign for the next four years while the more-capable among his appointees and inner circle run the government in between fighting each other. It's far from ideal, but its quite clear that he's dangerously volatile, ignorant, and incompetent.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »

Ivanka will officially become a White House employee, as Assistant to the President.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/ivanka-trump-federal-employee-white-house.html
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »

I'm telling ya, we need to keep Ivanka near Trumpster so he keeps a semblance of sanity in his insane world. Taking her away from him will cause greater peril to our country than the frightening reality we face even now.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

She better sell her business then
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States