Eric Trump Says He'll Give His Dad Financial Reports On The Family Business
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:53:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Eric Trump Says He'll Give His Dad Financial Reports On The Family Business
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eric Trump Says He'll Give His Dad Financial Reports On The Family Business  (Read 484 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Crooks https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/03/24/after-promising-not-donald-talk-business-with-father-eric-trump-says-president-give-him-financial-reports/#d6634e6359a1
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 12:01:12 PM »

By electing Trump and then allowing him to serve in office with his multiple and varied conflicts of interest, the underlying idea that elected officials should not be able to privately benefit from their actions as ostensible public servants is dead and buried. The precise details have ceased to matter.

Like much of the other rot in our government this century, this is making explicit what was previously widely practiced but deniable. And it is a major step in the wrong direction. One of many we have seen and will continue to see under the Trumpublican regime.

I should really stop worry about how to save the country and start putting more effort into getting out of it.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »

Trump can do anything cuz "I'm the President!" And you're not. So nanner nanner nanner.
yankeesfan
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »

I don't understand.  What were those stacks of paper at the press conference that he said were documents he signed giving "complete and total control" of his business to his sons?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/01/12/what-was-those-folders-donald-trump-press-conference/BVq5qgRjAKk2rpICgQEOTN/story.html
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »

"If the president does it, that means it's not illegal." - Richard Nixon, before resigning from office in disgrace

Of course, Nixon has nothing on Trump, who could be the most corrupt president of all time, and has permanently soiled the dignity of the office with his depraved greed.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »

But her emails and Goldman Sachs speeches!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 12:03:48 AM »

Does this not raise even more questions about conflicts of interest?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 02:35:03 AM »

I am sure as President, Trump is entitled to a financial report on his business investments.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 06:33:02 PM »

I am sure as President, Trump is entitled to a financial report on his business investments.

Nope - what he should have done is placed his investments in a blind trust.  Getting your family to sneak you profits reports is about as crooked as it gets.

Of course, we have known Donald Trump was compromised by his business investments on Day 1 of his presidency, when he rolled back a decision by the Federal Housing Authority to make it easier for first-home buyers to enter the market.  By keeping thousands of people out of home ownership, who stands to profit?  Oh yes - a scummy slumlord property investor like Donald Trump.

Don't be blinded by your passion for racial division and populist fearmongering.  The corrupt capitalist vulture Donald Trump is not an effective ambassador for your cause!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »

Nope.....don't be blinded by your passion for racial division and populist fearmongering.

In what Universe could you possibly relate those two statements to one another.

George Washington was a wealthy business owner.

I am sure he was given an update on the status of his corn crops.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »

Nope.....don't be blinded by your passion for racial division and populist fearmongering.

In what Universe could you possibly relate those two statements to one another.

It's pretty straightforward: Trump is violating U.S. law by refusing to divest from his businesses.  I know that his racism and xenophobia appeals to you, but you need to look past that and understand that these corruption allegations are very serious.

George Washington also owned slaves, so I don't know what point you were attempting to make there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies