Tom Perriello vs. Ralph Northam
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:43:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Tom Perriello vs. Ralph Northam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which of these two gubernatorial candidates would you rather have as the Democratic nominee?
Ralph Northam

Tom Perriello

Neither, I'm not a Democrat/I don't like either

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Tom Perriello vs. Ralph Northam  (Read 3268 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »

I don't like either obviously, but I'm rooting for Northam. Perriello was the point man for the fake Catholic organizations discussed in John Podesta's emails and a lengthy resume of fake moderateness from back when he was pretending to be a blue dog. I don't agree with Northam on much, and at face value he's the more hostile of the two toward the pro-life movement, but he's still better than Perriello.

I'm still trying to decide. I've always liked Perriello, but for some the reasons TJ said, I'm tilting Northam.

I've heard from some who know him that Perriello, deep down, believes abortion is wrong. I wish he'd just own up to that, and the endorsement he got from the NRA in 2010, instead of running from it.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »

I don't like either obviously, but I'm rooting for Northam. Perriello was the point man for the fake Catholic organizations discussed in John Podesta's emails and a lengthy resume of fake moderateness from back when he was pretending to be a blue dog. I don't agree with Northam on much, and at face value he's the more hostile of the two toward the pro-life movement, but he's still better than Perriello.

I'm still trying to decide. I've always liked Perriello, but for some the reasons TJ said, I'm tilting Northam.

Mostly this. I'm also not really happy with how Perriello is trying to delocalize the race (outside of the issue of Medicaid expansion, which is low-hanging fruit) and make the election a referendum on Trump. It already is, for the most part, but making it more overtly so probably helps Perriello. However, that doesn't make me any more confident that he would actually be a good governor of Virginia, which I'm afraid he won't be.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 05:48:15 PM »

Would vote democrat if Northam v. Gillespie; would vote write in if perrielo v. Gillespie.
Not Libertarian Party?

Depends on if they run that nut Sarvis again.

you think they would run someone less nutty than Sarvis?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »

Mostly this. I'm also not really happy with how Perriello is trying to delocalize the race (outside of the issue of Medicaid expansion, which is low-hanging fruit) and make the election a referendum on Trump. It already is, for the most part, but making it more overtly so probably helps Perriello. However, that doesn't make me any more confident that he would actually be a good governor of Virginia, which I'm afraid he won't be.

Along those lines, I think that Perriello would want this to be part of his national profile, while Northam just wants to be Governor of VA.

Seeing Jindal put his national ambitions ahead of governing has me a bit weary of that, even on my side.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

Periello. Would be somebody good for the Democratic bench in the long run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies