HOUSE RESOLUTION: Resolution for Freedom and Democracy in Turkey (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:59:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE RESOLUTION: Resolution for Freedom and Democracy in Turkey (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE RESOLUTION: Resolution for Freedom and Democracy in Turkey (Failed)  (Read 1478 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: April 02, 2017, 10:02:28 PM »

I think that, while what is said is true, this resolution is unnecessary antagonism of a nation that holds a key strategic position in the Middle East. While getting all of those things done would be nice, the reality is that it's unlikely to actually happen, and as such I don't see what this resolution will accomplish other than pissing someone off. It's also important to note that Russia has been palling around with these guys lately as part of their plan to become a regional player in the Middle East, and a condemnation of this sort may drive them closer together.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:43:49 AM »

NAY

While I do support the message this bill would send, it's a bad move.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies