Open Letter to the Government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Open Letter to the Government
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Open Letter to the Government  (Read 996 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2005, 07:55:32 PM »

Mr. President and Senators,

Gentlemen, I know that we are facing a budget crunch.  However, I implore you all to listen to what I have to say.  As Treasury Secretary it is my duty to keep our country on sound economic ground.  I must also be aware, as I can assure you, I very much am, of the present fiscal state of our government.  That being said, what we need now, more than anything, is an economic stimulas package. 

Our national economy is currently stabalized.  However, a brick house on a fault line has no reason to be complaincent about it's current situation.  We are just begining to recover from the wounds inflicted on us by instability and threatened civil war.  Any event that happens now, that can be precieved as being negative could put us deeper in the hole than any of us have ever known in our life times.  A terrorist attack, bank failure, corporate scandal, natural disastor, or random outbreak of violence any place in the world would have a profound and devasting effect on us, in our current state.

I know that the money might not be there, but I urge you to find it, somehow.  If you are worried about the budget now, I can assure you, our worries will be 50 fold if, next year, we are facing national depression.

I have done all I can with our monitary policy and can do no more without risking massive inflation and possible econoimc failure.  Please take into consideration what I have said.

Sincerly,

Chris Supersoulty

Secretary, Department of the Treasury
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies