Adam Schiff 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Adam Schiff 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adam Schiff 2020?  (Read 2490 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »

His role in the Russia investigation has certainly elevated his profile, could he have a chance in 2020?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »

No.
Rjjr77
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »

His role in the Russia investigation has certainly elevated his profile, could he have a chance in 2020?
Are you related to Bronze?
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »

He's my congressman and a great guy, but no. He could be a good Senate candidate though.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:47 PM »

He's my congressman and a great guy, but no. He could be a good Senate candidate though.

I'd rather the California Senate seats stay in the Bay Area.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »

I love him, so so so much. But no.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »

I like that he's from Framingham.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »

We could do worse. And probably will.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »

I thought about this just today, and then I saw this thread, so I suppose Schiff is a bigger name now amongst regular TV news watchers. 

At this moment, he's the Face of the Democrats.  Really, he is.  Now I know that this moment won't last, but few pols get the kind of moments in the spotlight that Schiff is getting.  I don't know if he can build this into a viable Presidential candidacy, and it hurts that he's just a Representative, but he's not a lightweight at all.  And he's Jewish, for those who see the need for some sort of "first" for the Democrats on the 2020 ticket.  I don't think he'll run for President, but I do think he'll rise higher in the Democratic leadership in the House, and in the National Democratic Party as a whole.  He'll be a household name, and not just because he's got the same name as the first Law and Order District Attorney.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »

Trump would probably use this to try and paint him as "liberal coastal elite".
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »

I don't really care about this; there are a lot of good politicians from SoCal. I don't know much about Schiff specifically.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:08 PM »

I don't really care about this; there are a lot of good politicians from SoCal. I don't know much about Schiff specifically.

I'd just as well not have our politicians from San Francisco, if San Francisco just gives us politicians like Dianne Feinstein, Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 10:52:01 PM »

Schiff is a great congressman. Let him remain a great congressman.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »

My Sanders-loving husband absolutely loves Newsom and likes Pelosi and Harris. Not DiFi but that's expected.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 05:49:02 AM »

Another congressman from California, Eric Swalwell, seems to be getting a lot of news time as well lately by calling out lest another California representative Devin Nunes's shady tactics in the House Intelligence Committee's "investigation" into the Russian hacking.   

I know Atlas would never support him though since he allegedly used Pete Stark's atheism against him in 2012, which of course makes him a HP.
Klartext89

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 06:39:08 AM »

He's making a total fool out of himself whenever there's a camera near to him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »

Only if there is a smoking Makarov and he is the main Democrat associated with it coming to light, but that is not happening.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »

He's making a total fool out of himself whenever there's a camera near to him.

please do not quote my beautiful posts into your insane ramblings in the future, thanks
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »

I would actually not be surprised if a House member ran in the Democratic primaries in 2020 and did really well. I don't think it would be Schiff, but I think the hyper focus on the federal government, coupled with the fact that statewide Democrats aren't going to return to large numbers until January 2019, make the environment ripe for a second House to POTUS candidate.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »

I don't think it would be Schiff, but I think the hyper focus on the federal government, coupled with the fact that statewide Democrats aren't going to return to large numbers until January 2019, make the environment ripe for a second House to POTUS candidate.

There's a good chance that we'll have one or more candidates from the House, but it's not like we don't already have an enormous field of potential candidates even without them.  There are ~10 sitting Senators and ~5 sitting governors being floated as possibilities, plus former officials who don't currently hold office, like O'Malley and Castro, plus people from the business world, like Iger and Schultz.  It's not hard to count to at least 25 on the list of possibles.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »

Leading the way on a key investigation for the minority party was Richard Nixon's ticket to prominence in 1950. 

Schiff could be the next Senator from California and the next VP candidate in the best Nixonian tradition.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »

He could run for Senator of California sometime in the future but i dont see him as a serious shot at the 2020 Democratic Nomination
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »

I don't think it would be Schiff, but I think the hyper focus on the federal government, coupled with the fact that statewide Democrats aren't going to return to large numbers until January 2019, make the environment ripe for a second House to POTUS candidate.

There's a good chance that we'll have one or more candidates from the House, but it's not like we don't already have an enormous field of potential candidates even without them.  There are ~10 sitting Senators and ~5 sitting governors being floated as possibilities, plus former officials who don't currently hold office, like O'Malley and Castro, plus people from the business world, like Iger and Schultz.  It's not hard to count to at least 25 on the list of possibles.

The idea that we'll have an enormous field is probably exaggerated. A lot of possible candidates share similar bases of voters and fundraisers. Just look at the new york metro area--possible candidates from there include Booker, De Blasio, Cuomo, Murphy and Gillibrand (sort of). I don't think more than three of those five will run (hopefully not Cuomo at least) just because they'd be going after the same base. I think it also applies in California too, hence my skepticism of Schiff
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »

The idea that we'll have an enormous field is probably exaggerated. A lot of possible candidates share similar bases of voters and fundraisers. Just look at the new york metro area--possible candidates from there include Booker, De Blasio, Cuomo, Murphy and Gillibrand (sort of). I don't think more than three of those five will run (hopefully not Cuomo at least) just because they'd be going after the same base. I think it also applies in California too, hence my skepticism of Schiff

I'm not saying that we'll have an enormous field of candidates who actually end up running.  I'm saying that we have an enormous field of *potential* candidates.  We're not going to run out of ambitious people to take whatever "spots" in the race are available.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »

Booker/Schiff?  Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies