After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:04:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: After Her: A Collaborative 2016 Timeline  (Read 9711 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2017, 07:16:54 AM by brucejoel99 »

Joe Biden at the August 2015 New Hampshire Voter Forum

(1a). "I'm running because of my burning conviction that we need to fundamentally change the balance in our economy and the political structure to restore the ability of the middle class to get ahead."

(1b). "I believe we should be playing a part in accommodating these mostly women and children who are fleeing chaos. We're not taking much of a chance at, as Germany and other places are doing now, accommodating refugees. Now, first of all, the governors don't have authority over who can come and who can't come. That's number one. Number two, the vetting system for people coming through the United States is significant. And ISIS is not an existential threat to the United States of America. No matter what ISIS does, they can't bring down the American government, they can't fundamentally alter our structure. They can do what they do well: they can try to instill terror by terrorist acts to get us to do the very thing that they hope we'll do, and that is close down our system. Terrorists only win when in fact we respond by closing down the things we value instead of keeping them open."

(1c). "I think the idea of focusing significant resources on interdicting or convicting people for smoking marijuana is a waste of our resources. That's different than legalization. My policy for my Administration would still not be legalization, and that is and will continue to be my policy."

(2a). Shortly after Biden met with MA Sen. Elizabeth Warren on August 22, 2015, to discuss economic policy, Warren endorsed Biden. "Throughout his career, Senator Biden has been a champion for middle-class families and has fought against powerful interests. In the Senate, he succeeded in making a bipartisan bankruptcy bill fairer by demanding protections to help low-income workers, veterans, members of the military, women and children... despite opposition from the largest employer in his state. I absolutely support Joe Biden as a candidate for president."

(2b). In early 2015, Biden bizarrely boasted of his "great relationship" with Somali cab drivers in Wilmington, DE, his hometown. At the Summit on Countering Violent Extremism, Biden was discussing areas where East African immigrants have settled in the United States, including the "very identifiable" Somali community in Wilmington. "If you ever come to the train station with me you'll notice that I have great relationships with them because there's an awful lot of them driving cabs and are friends of mine, for real," Biden said.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 10:19:33 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio at the New Hampshire Voter Forum in August 2015

1. a) I'm running for President because free enterprise, not big government, is the antidote for a stronger economy and for a stronger middle class, which requires making America the best place in the world to start a business or expand an existing business, tax reform and regulatory reform, bring our debt under control, fully utilize our energy resources so we can reinvigorate manufacturing, repeal and replace Clintoncare, and make higher education faster and easier to access, especially vocational training.

b) We won’t be able to take more refugees. It’s not that we don’t want to, it's that we can't. We could be potentially open to the relocation of some of these individuals at some point in time to the United States. But we will always be concerned that someone with a terrorist background could also sneak in among the refugees.

That's why we have to reinforce our borders in order to make sure that no terrorist crosses our borders. That's why we have to destroy ISIS and make sure that Syria, Iraq and all the Middle East will never ever become a terrorist heaven.

c) I personally believe that legalizing drugs would be a great mistake and that any reductions in sentences for drug crimes should be made with great care. We need to enforce federal laws even where states have legalized pot.

2. a) Shortly after Marco Rubio met with former Florida Governor Jeb Bush on June 2015 to discuss economic policy, foreign policy and social policy, Bush endorsed Rubio. « During his career in the Senate, Marco demonstrated his ability to be a strong reformer and a strong leader. In the Senate, he fought for immigration reform. He co-sponsored the AGREE Act that extended many tax credits and exemptions for businesses investing in Research and Development, equipment, and other capital; provided a tax credit for veterans who start a business franchise; allowed an increase in immigration for certain types of work visas; and strengthened copyright protections. He successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats and he succeeded in passing a bipartisan bill that increased sanctions against the terrorist group of Hezbollah. As a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations, Marco Rubio has the right experience to make America prosperous and safe. That's why I endorse my friend Senator Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States. »

b) During a town hall on July, Rubio wrongly claimed that welders make more money than philosophers while philosophers make 78 % more than welders. « For the life of me, I don't know why we have stigmatized vocational education. Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers. »
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 08:55:20 PM by NeederNodder »

Al Franken's Responses at the New Hampshire Voter Forum

Economic Agenda
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Syrian Refugees

Drug Decriminalization

During the beginning of the campaign, Senator Franken was proudly endorsed by Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, one of the leading women who was had speculated a potential run for the white house. "Senator Franken has proudly served Minnesota, and he will proudly serve the United States of America!"

In Early August 2015, Franken stated that intervention in Syria against President Assad is "pointless" and "would bring a larger hole in the middle east" at a town hall in Iowa. "It is not in my interests to wage another intervention in the middle east is too dangerous".
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2017, 08:40:10 AM »

Former Senator Russ Feingold at the 2015 New Hampshire Voters' Forum

1a)

1b)

1c)

2a) During his early campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire, Feingold held numerous lengthy phone conversations with Senator Tammy Baldwin, also of Wisconsin, also a leading progressive and the first openly gay US Senator in history. After a face-to-face meeting in Madison, Senator Baldwin endorsed Feingold

2b) Feingold was caught in an off-guarded moment while discussing his economic plan on a radio network in New Hampshire, referring to Dodd-Frank as a "major example of Clinton's spinelessness."
jburnx2
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 11:44:07 AM by jburnx2 »

Senator Sanders at the New Hampshire Voters Forum
1a.)
Quote from: Restricted
1b.)
1c.)
2a.)
Sanders' earned an endorsement from Senator Sherrod Brown, a liberal heavyweight from the state of Ohio. His first major endorsement, it could give the independent liberal Senator from Vermont the boost he needs.
2b.) Sanders was proven wrong after a statement he made referring to Senate colleague Al Franken on The Today Show.
In reality, Franken was sworn into the United States Senate in July of 2009, a year and a half after Sanders was inaugurated.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »

TOMMY FRANKS ON MEET THE PRESS

Chuck Todd:So Mr Franks how would you describe yourself?

Franks:Well I would consider myself you know a moderate republican just like Ike was back in his presidency. I am a conservative on some issues like guns and the economy but when it comes to more stuff like LGBT rights and drugs I consider myself more liberal.

I would not if elected try to bring back dont ask don't tell.  Through my time in West Point I knew many closet gay servicemen and it didn't bother me or anyone at all.

Chuck Todd:Also I know you talked about this but I will talk about it again if it's ok

Franks:Yeah its fine

Chuck Todd:People have said you are too old to run how would you respond to that?

Franks:Well first off President Reagan said once that age isn't a issue to Walter Mondale in the 1984 debates and I take that to the bank.  I had a talk with my wife and daughter and they said you want to do it then go for it hun and I went ahead and did it you know.

I may have just turned 70 but I still feel great don't feel any medical problems with me at all.

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »

Jerry Brown at the New Hampshire Voter Forum August 2015

1(a):

1(b):

1(c):

2(a):

2(b):
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

(How do you put photos?)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Trump tackles questions at New Hampshire Forum.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:42 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 11:46:35 PM by UWS »

When you click on « Reply » to make a new post, you click on Insert Image and then you go on Google Images to chose an image and you copy the link of this image to put it between the Insert Image marks.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:02 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2017, 12:13:33 AM by Jaguar4life »

When you click on « Reply » to make a new post, you click on Insert Image and then you go on Google Images to chose an image and you copy the link of this image to put it between the Insert Image marks.

FRANKS SPEAKS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

What I am saying is I am more than just a general. I can be a leader and fighter for this country.

My economy plan is this front in cente

I want to give upper middle and lower class a 15% tax cut and a cut on the property tax  while a tax on  the top 1% and corporations

I want to provide affordable and better private healthcare for everyone so that there premiums dont go up.

One thing I will do that is socially liberal is protect Social Security. I do believe it is necessary

I want to cut spending on the EPA so that we can fund NASA and get our mission to get to Mars around the 2030s

In my administration we will write fairer rules for the middle class!!

Soon After General Franks was endorsed by former senator and GOP presidential nominee Bob Dole

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2017, 12:12:06 AM »

OOC: I don't think it's fair that we claim endorsements. If we do, I claim the RNC's endorsement. I win Tongue.

The moderator should decide whom endorses who as per usual in these games.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:51 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2017, 12:34:29 AM by UWS »

OOC: I don't think it's fair that we claim endorsements. If we do, I claim the RNC's endorsement. I win Tongue.

Or maybe we could send him private messages to the moderator and ask him endorsements and give a brief reason why these persons would endorse our candidate (for example George H.W. Bush, former President, should endorse George W. Bush because he is his son.) What do you think of this?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2017, 12:56:30 AM »

I think it's fair to claim endorsements if the person if from your candidate's home state and is from your candidate's party. Anything else should be asked.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »

I'm going to have withdraw as Barack Obama. If someone else would like to play him, please go ahead.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »

I'm going to have withdraw as Barack Obama. If someone else would like to play him, please go ahead.

Cry I cry (see Page 1)... but I'm gonna stick w/ Biden lol
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »

Just wondering, is there a deadline for the New Hampshire forum?
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »

Just wondering, is there a deadline for the New Hampshire forum?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »

NO but please post if you haven't already
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »

Well with Obama dropping, and assuming I counted right. We have 9 out of 13 people who have posted their new hampshire stuff. Almost there.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:01 PM »

I appologize, but I have become very busy. I will drop out.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »

DUCKWORTH LAYS OUT PROGRESSIVE PLAN IN NH

Senate Duckworth's best moment came when campaigning in Nevada. She came across a young girl who was terrified her parents would be deported. An obviously emotional Duckworth promised her that she would do everything in her power to make her not afraid.

However, controversy erupted when she tweeted a photo of her and the popular Governor of Illinois Barack Obama, leading some to believe Obama endorsed her. A spokesman later claimed that Obama was "supporting" Duckworth. Obama quickly put out a press release clarifying that he and Duckworth were friends but he was not endorsing her or anyone else at this time.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2017, 08:51:51 AM »
« Edited: April 15, 2017, 08:54:15 AM by Serious_Username »

Schweitzer Addresses New Hampshire Voters

Montana Senator and Former Governor Brian Schweitzer took  questions from voters in New Hampshire's first in the nation primary.

Economic Message

On Syrian Refugees

On Recreational Drugs

Positive moments

Negative moments
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 06:13:20 PM »

(so uh, who has not posted yet? We got most of us, but I think we are short a person)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »

(so uh, who has not posted yet? We got most of us, but I think we are short a person)

There's only msnmllr (the guy who is playing John Kasich in this game) who did not yet post his speech at the New Hampshire Forum.

So when he will post it, we will be able to continue this game and go on for the first Republican presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio, on August 6, 2015, I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies