Do you feel sorry for Nicole Thomas Kennedy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:13:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you feel sorry for Nicole Thomas Kennedy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you feel sorry for Nicole Thomas Kennedy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Do you feel sorry for Nicole Thomas Kennedy?  (Read 915 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2021, 01:26:15 PM »

Her political career is obviously over.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »

Mentally ill people deserve our sympathy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »

nah.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 02:08:48 PM »

No I'm mad at her for allowing a Republican to win. Honestly, she's so extreme I couldn't have voted for her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »

Pete Holmes is the one we should feel sorry for. He would’ve easily beaten either Davison or NTK.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 03:09:13 PM »

Pete Holmes is the one we should feel sorry for. He would’ve easily beaten either Davison or NTK.
I'm pissed at Davison even making the runoff. How did a Republican get 35% in Seattle?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 03:10:29 PM »

She deserved it
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 03:29:21 PM »

I'm much more sympathetic to her politics than most people, but I can't bring myself to feel bad about yet another case of an Extremely Online Leftist catastrophically failing at messaging when it's so routine by this point.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 06:49:04 PM »

literally who

(Seriously)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 06:51:55 PM »

ACAB-style candidate for an elected position in Seattle.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 06:53:23 PM »

I'm pissed at Davison even making the runoff. How did a Republican get 35% in Seattle?

People weren’t happy with how Holmes has handled the homeless crisis, and he got criticism from the (relative) right and left.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 09:25:42 PM »

Mentally ill people deserve our sympathy.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 10:33:13 PM »

Holmes was awful. He A) was utterly failing to solve the homelessness issue and was only marginally better than NTK in his approach, and B) announced his intent to sue the Seattle Times right before the election in an attempt to suppress a lawful public records request.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 10:38:08 PM »

Irony is dead.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »

I feel sorry for Seattlites that didn't vote for the Republican and now have to live with an unqualified hack at the position. Of course, her voters were disproportionately elderly and wealthy, so her failings won't affect them personally.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 11:24:42 PM »

I feel sorry for Seattlites that didn't vote for the Republican and now have to live with an unqualified hack at the position. Of course, her voters were disproportionately elderly and wealthy, so her failings won't affect them personally.

It's amusing that you're so adamant about criticizing the winner for not being able to do the job very well, when you supported the loser who didn't want to do the job at all.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »

It's amusing that you're so adamant about criticizing the winner for not being able to do the job very well, when you supported the loser who didn't want to do the job at all.

Candidates running on a platform of dismantling large chunks of the job description is still a valid platform, wouldn't you say, Libertarian avatar?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 12:26:28 AM »

Candidates running on a platform of dismantling large chunks of the job description is still a valid platform, wouldn't you say, Libertarian avatar?

Sure, but then why would you criticize the qualifications of the person in the role? If your position is that "We shouldn't have a dictator-for-life or supreme ruler," it seems kinda like pulling your punches to say "Hey, this guy isn't very well-qualified to be dictator-for-life and supreme ruler! I read his resume and it left me seriously underwhelmed."
Rjjr77
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 12:39:10 AM »

I am shook that rich white liberals would prefer a someone who runs on a tough on crime platform. It's not like  we haven't seen New York elect dozens of Republican mayors strictly on this platform alone
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »

I am shook that rich white liberals would prefer a someone who runs on a tough on crime platform. It's not like  we haven't seen New York elect dozens of Republican mayors strictly on this platform alone

Not necessary because they would've likely voted for a non-lumatic progressive like Larry Krasner or Tiffany Cabán if someone like that made the runoff. NTK was just a truly awful candidate, not proof Seattle was always going to elect a "tough on crime" city attorney.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2021, 07:32:36 AM »

Not at all. Infact, I am mad at her for losing to a Republican who probably voted for Trump in a citywide election in a city of several hundred thousand people where Trump got literally single digits.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2021, 08:51:56 AM »

Who?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »

People in Seattle are sick of having an ideologue for city attorney.  The city attorney needs to just be a functional machine that quietly does its job.  It's not a place for an ideological revolution.  If you know who your city attorney is at all, you're probably not happy about it.

If anyone wants to know why Pete Holmes lost to Ann Davison in the primary, that's why.  Pete had a reputation in this town for letting people off the hook repeatedly.  Just refusing to prosecute people, not because it was good for the city, but because of his personal ideology.  I've been criticizing Pete for this since before even his last election in 2017, but it seemed like a hopeless cause.  Nobody cares about city attorney, so the incumbent is just going to win every time, thus nobody is going to run against Pete because it's a doomed effort.

What helped the anti-Holmes cause was the Seattle is Dying documentary, which spent some time on the issue of repeat offenders and (correctly) placed the blame squarely on the city attorney's office.  That documentary received an avalanche of criticism and derision from the left in this city, and I think most people would agree that some parts of it are good and some parts feel a little Fox-News-y.  But virtually everyone who saw it agrees that having someone on the street who's committed 250 crimes in the last three years, and then they get arrested for the 251st time and the city attorney refuses to prosecute because he doesn't prosecute homeless/poor people, is bad!  So now people were taking notice, and the seed of "the city attorney is responsible for prolific offenders" had been planted.

However I still think Pete would have won the primary easily if the stars hadn't aligned to end his career.

First, skyrocketing crime, especially visible crime that impacts day-to-day people, put fighting crime first and foremost on everyone's minds, and Pete was an easy target because he actively works to keep criminals on the streets.

Second, the left became obsessed with this bizarre "stop prosecuting all crimes" fantasy, and leftists like Sawant began criticizing "the criminal justice system in Seattle" for prosecuting various crimes that they felt shouldn't be prosecuted.  So when NTK entered the race and gave lefty types the opportunity to vote against a symbol of that criminal justice system, they took it.

But even then, I think NTK would've just been a fringe protest vote candidate if she hadn't received The Stranger's endorsement, which will go down in history as one of their worst political moves ever, and that's saying a lot.  The Stranger telling everyone to go out and vote NTK, combined with the general anti-Holmes sentiment, and Pete Holmes' own pathetically bad campaign skills, all came together to finish him off.

Davison honestly didn't do a whole lot in the primary.  She isn't a good politician and only jumped in at the last minute.  Even with all the issues in Seattle, most people still weren't paying that much attention to the city attorney's office and would've just voted for the incumbent if it had been Holmes vs. Davison.  NTK stealing all those leftie votes from Holmes forced Seattleites to finally pay attention to this issue.  And now the issue has been fixed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 02:05:30 PM »

No. Hopefully her political career is over as OP suggests.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies