Opinion of Non Swing Voter's name (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:47:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Non Swing Voter's name (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Non Swing Voter's name
Freedom Name

Horrible Name

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of Non Swing Voter's name  (Read 4995 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 27, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »

Very ironic and quite amusing now, so I have to vote FN.

I will admit this is ironic, and was not my intention to be... I have had the red avatar since I began posting here years ago...

However, I am not sold on the Republican party either.  I've just come to realize that Democrats are just as bad if not slightly worse than Republicans.

It's only really the actual Democratic activist rank and file that doesn't fit you; the current mainstream Democratic politicians themselves like McCaulliffe, Kaine, Clinton, etc are still right up your alley/agree with you, at least for the time being.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »

The elephant in the room is that in large metropolitan areas implicit in the high cost of living you are paying for the privilege of living in a culturally significant megalopolis with a lot of people, things to do, etc etc - that is the exchange you make to be able to afford less geographic space, to have to pay more for groceries, etc etc.

Now, for me, it's a no brainer that I'd rather live in a smaller, less expensive but still culturally worthwhile city than a place with the highest COL in the country - but that is part of the tradeoff.  As someone who pays $500 rent to live in 2-bedroom townhouse in a rural area, I'd gladly pay $1000 to get a 1-bed in a more interesting, less lonely/boring/culturally backwards place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies