Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:01:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant  (Read 3501 times)
Klartext89

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »

"Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, lost his cool on Sunday night at Upper East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, according to witnesses.

He was dining with friends when he encountered Joseph A. Califano Jr. — the former US secretary of health, education and welfare under President Jimmy Carter and domestic policy adviser to President Lyndon B. Johnson — and his wife, Hilary, who were having a quiet dinner.

Onlookers said Schumer was incensed that Hilary — the daughter of William S. Paley, the founder and chairman of CBS — had voted for Trump, even though her husband, Joseph, is a well-known Democrat.

One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “ ‘How could you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’ ”

Hilary confirmed the confrontation, telling Page Six, “Sen. Schumer was really rude . . . He’s our senator, and I don’t really like him. Yes, I voted for Trump. Schumer joined us outside and he told me Trump was a liar. I should have told him that Hillary Clinton was a liar, but I was so surprised I didn’t say anything.”

Joseph didn’t return calls for comment.

Another diner insists that Califano and his wife approached Sen. Schumer’s table. The diner said, “It was a pleasant conversation. Joe said the senator was doing a good job on health care. Joe joked that Hilary voted for Trump. The conversation continued outside because everyone left at the same time.”

A spokesman for Schumer said, “[He] and his wife ate at the café on Sunday, engaging in unremarkable conversation with patrons who approached their table. There were no heated exchanges with ‎anyone.”

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/27/schumer-loses-cool-with-trump-supporter-at-swanky-restaurant/
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/27/schumer-goes-off-on-trump-supporter-at-nyc-restaurant-witness-says.html

Is Chuck Schumer a Republican inside plant/job? What an embarrassement!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 06:40:42 AM »

Jesus Christ, rich people.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:51:37 AM »

Come on Chuck, surely all those moderate Republicans in the Philadelphia suburbs more than cancelled out her vote.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »

FF
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:47:45 AM »

But Dems love old people, pubs want them to die quickly, right? 
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »

Senate Minority Leader has deeply disturbing debate with people supportive of Putin's Puppet!

Isn't amazing how we can frame things.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »

But Dems love old people, pubs want them to die quickly, right? 

if trump's agenda until now has any significance, old, rural, white voters are surely on their own. Wink
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »

This probably is exaggerated but Schumer is still terrible. I can't imagine that you guys on the left like him, he seems like your side's Mitch McConnel, in the sense that he cares more about influence and power than any real principles or solutions. Both are probably reasonable smart men but power is all they care about.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:54:46 AM »

This probably is exaggerated but Schumer is still terrible. I can't imagine that you guys on the left like him, he seems like your side's Mitch McConnel, in the sense that he cares more about influence and power than any real principles or solutions. Both are probably reasonable smart men but power is all they care about.

i am pretty sure he is much more decent and charming than harry reid and i think i liked reid for the same reasons, people of the 40ie liked harry truman.
yankeesfan
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »

This makes me like Schumer.  It appears he has some serious conviction.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »

Both ends. What a player.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

She obviously didn't want a two-L Hillary to become President.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »

Lol what a dope
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »

Page six and Faux news, I will wait for a real source.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »

Schumer, Pelosi and Reid are amoral bastards on some level, but the important thing is they are on the right side and get results.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »

Come on Chuck, surely all those moderate Republicans in the Philadelphia suburbs more than cancelled out her vote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »

Disagree with you, Averroes. It's the New York Post, so it's naturally exaggerated. Page Six is pretty good on the whole though. Howard Stern has verified a lot of their stuff. Basically what I'd imagine really happened involved Schumer going off about something entirely unrelated to Trump. Califano might have started the incident as well for all we know. But don't totally dismiss the sources.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »

Yeah the fact that there was another witness with a very different take on it makes me have doubts. Granted, everybody sees things through their own lens and memory is very fallible. But I'll withhold judgment until there's more information.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »

2017? No cell phone video?

Never happened.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes both Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and would be not just willing but eager to vote for either man.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 04:35:17 PM »

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes both Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and would be not just willing but eager to vote for either man.

That's interesting, I do prefer them to many of the hard right or hard left folks who don't compromise on anything. What about them makes you enthusiastic?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 05:44:46 PM »

Fake News
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »

Such hate in his heart.  We must all come together.  Berating our brothas and sistas is not the way.  We are Stronger Together.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »

Blue avatars should be outlawed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »

As already was mentioned, there was no video taken? Someone would have filmed such a scene with their phone and put it online. This really does sound fake.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies