Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chuck Schumer yelling Anti-Trump rage at 80+y couple at a restaurant  (Read 3492 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »

Yes because this is how you win over their support...
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »

This probably is exaggerated but Schumer is still terrible. I can't imagine that you guys on the left like him, he seems like your side's Mitch McConnel, in the sense that he cares more about influence and power than any real principles or solutions. Both are probably reasonable smart men but power is all they care about.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »

This probably is exaggerated but Schumer is still terrible. I can't imagine that you guys on the left like him, he seems like your side's Mitch McConnel, in the sense that he cares more about influence and power than any real principles or solutions. Both are probably reasonable smart men but power is all they care about.

Who are the Democrats on this forum that like Chuck Schumer? I'm pretty sure if you go back and find the thread on Chuck Schumer being selected as the new minority leader, it was largely red avatars calling him a Wall Street shill.

I don't know of a lot of Republicans who are massive Mitch McConnell fans either, but it's probably higher than Dem approval of Schumer.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »

But Dems love old people, pubs want them to die quickly, right? 

well in terms of policies, yes.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18:49 AM »

Well, power is important, isn't it?  I'd prefer a brilliant and devious tactician over a principled ideologue in the capacity of senate/house leader any day of the week.  I think we saw just last week what happens when a congressional leader is an expert on policy, but has no idea what he's doing when it comes to keeping his caucus together.  Leave the details of policy to other party and ideological leaders, and the grassroots.
Klartext89

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »

Amazingly how the Left is in rage :-D
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »

As already was mentioned, there was no video taken? Someone would have filmed such a scene with their phone and put it online. This really does sound fake.

Sounds like they were at a restaurant for rich old people, the demographic least likely to film public confrontations. I would love a WORLDSTAR video of this though.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »

I must be the only person in the world who actually likes both Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and would be not just willing but eager to vote for either man.

That's interesting, I do prefer them to many of the hard right or hard left folks who don't compromise on anything. What about them makes you enthusiastic?

They're both very competent Senators and good legislators who clearly have the best interests of the United States at heart; both are sometimes willing to contradict their own party (McConnell on flag burning, Schumer on the Iran deal) and it's virtually always to support the better policy. We'd be much better off as a country if the Senate was composed of nothing but clones of McConnell and Schumer.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies