Is doing evil a necessity of life? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:27:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is doing evil a necessity of life? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is doing evil a necessity of life?  (Read 2561 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: March 28, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »

It is theoretically possible to live life without committing any evil, but the kind of life you need to lead in order to achieve that, aside from being necessarily solitary and miserable, would also prevent you from doing much good. I'm the kind of person who is so afraid of doing evil that he ends up not doing much good, so I should keep that in mind more often.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »

It is theoretically possible to live life without committing any evil, but the kind of life you need to lead in order to achieve that, aside from being necessarily solitary and miserable, would also prevent you from doing much good. I'm the kind of person who is so afraid of doing evil that he ends up not doing much good, so I should keep that in mind more often.

Please show how one can go through life without competing and creating victims or losers.

I cannot see how.

The key is reducing interactions with other human beings to an absolute minimum. It's doable, but as I said it's a pretty miserable life and implies foregoing a lot of opportunities to do good.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »

Please show how one can go through life without competing and creating victims or losers.

I cannot see how.

The key is reducing interactions with other human beings to an absolute minimum. It's doable, but as I said it's a pretty miserable life and implies foregoing a lot of opportunities to do good.

You can reduce interactions but must still compete for resources or jobs.

Regards
DL

It's possible to survive without a job and by getting the resources you need from the wilderness. It's not pleasant, but it's doable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies