Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home  (Read 1555 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »

Sigh...

So Democrats are crying wolf again? That's why Trump won is "Teflon".

trump is teflon cause he - pardon - screwed the zeitgeist.

Otherwise this story is bizarre.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »

I don't know why ICE was there.  But a few facts to go with your hysteria:

1) Felix Torres was never in critical condition, he was shot in the arm after he pointed a gun at the officer.  He is in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.

2) Felix Torres doesn't "own" a gun (I don't know if a non-citizen can legally own a gun or not) but his adult sons do.  He pointed a gun at the officer during an attempted arrest and was shot.  His son was wanted on felony weapons charges.

I'm not saying everything was above board, we hardly know anything yet.  And I have no idea why ICE was involved.  But again, not in critical condition, not unarmed. 

Bottom line, no matter who is right or wrong, if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.  Let them make the arrest and sue them later.  You can't point a gun at a cop and expect not to get shot.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-shot-by-ice-agent-in-belmont-cragin/1820175/

From the link above:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

ICE says he was armed. His family says he was not. (Typical Law Enforcement MO is to always claim anyone who is shot by LE was armed.) So far as I know, there is no evidence either way.

And if you read elsewhere, she was asleep in the basement when it happened.  But there were guns in the house.  I wasn't there, you weren't there, and she wasn't either.  Her reasoning is  father doesn't "own (got)" a gun; therefore he couldn't have pointed one at the officers.

There will be a full investigation, as with any time a weapon is discharged in the line of duty.

Indeed. Which is why you should not  have presented opinions (yours and ICE's) as "a few facts".

And you should not have claimed "he was unarmed" or "he is in critical condition."   The only person who said he was unarmed is a justifiably hysterical daughter who didn't witness the shooting.   

I didn't. That was the title of the article I linked. Something you'd know if you'd bothered to click on the link and read it. Which it is now very obvious you did not. So off to ignore you go.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »

I don't know why ICE was there.  But a few facts to go with your hysteria:

1) Felix Torres was never in critical condition, he was shot in the arm after he pointed a gun at the officer.  He is in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.

2) Felix Torres doesn't "own" a gun (I don't know if a non-citizen can legally own a gun or not) but his adult sons do.  He pointed a gun at the officer during an attempted arrest and was shot.  His son was wanted on felony weapons charges.

I'm not saying everything was above board, we hardly know anything yet.  And I have no idea why ICE was involved.  But again, not in critical condition, not unarmed. 

Bottom line, no matter who is right or wrong, if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.  Let them make the arrest and sue them later.  You can't point a gun at a cop and expect not to get shot.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-shot-by-ice-agent-in-belmont-cragin/1820175/

From the link above:

ICE says he was armed. His family says he was not. (Typical Law Enforcement MO is to always claim anyone who is shot by LE was armed.) So far as I know, there is no evidence either way.

And if you read elsewhere, she was asleep in the basement when it happened.  But there were guns in the house.  I wasn't there, you weren't there, and she wasn't either.  Her reasoning is  father doesn't "own (got)" a gun; therefore he couldn't have pointed one at the officers.

There will be a full investigation, as with any time a weapon is discharged in the line of duty.

Indeed. Which is why you should not  have presented opinions (yours and ICE's) as "a few facts".

And you should not have claimed "he was unarmed" or "he is in critical condition."   The only person who said he was unarmed is a justifiably hysterical daughter who didn't witness the shooting.   

People have a bad habit of presenting opinions that support their position as facts. Reminds me of when Michael Brown was shot and so many people immediately accepted the interpretation most uncharitable to the police.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 02:14:05 PM »

ICE agents should not be armed in the first place.
Seriously?

People need arms to carry ice. Are you stupid or something?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »

Yes.  If we are serious about stopping the carnage that is ravaging American communities, the first step is to take the guns away from ICE thugs.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »

Yes.  If we are serious about stopping the carnage that is ravaging American communities, the first step is to take the guns away from ICE thugs.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »

Sounds to me like an inexcusable mistake on ICE's part that led to tragedy when the homeowner reacted in the exact wrong way. Glad no one was killed. The error was likely on the part of ICE bureaucrats, rather than the agents, though. Hope someone gets fired.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »

I didn't. That was the title of the article I linked. Something you'd know if you'd bothered to click on the link and read it. Which it is now very obvious you did not. So off to ignore you go.

Don't worry.  I read your fake news article.  Why else would I respond with the facts?

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »

Ah yes, Trump's America, the land of freedom, where government agents can just burst into your home at any time and shoot you for a suspected civil offense.

Are you actually surprised that America is becoming a police state?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 08:21:10 PM »

Seriously?

People need arms to carry ice. Are you stupid or something?

Okay, that was actually pretty funny.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »

Ah yes, Trump's America, the land of freedom, where government agents can just burst into your home at any time and shoot you for a suspected civil offense.

Are you actually surprised that America is becoming a police state?

Yeah, just a couple years ago, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction, with more accountability and questioning from police. Now all of a sudden, police can suddenly burst into my home with no warning, guns drawn, for something short of me being a drug dealer... that's not something I expected.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies