Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home  (Read 1554 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2017, 02:11:49 PM »

Unarmed legal resident in critical condition after ICE agents raided Chicago home and shot him: family

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/unarmed-legal-resident-in-critical-condition-after-ice-agents-raided-chicago-home-and-shot-him-family/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »

This remains to be seen...I don't like how this story is heading, but again, more information to be seen. I hope the mainstream media and other alternative media have this as the top story today and tomorrow. I am sick and tired of hearing about Nunes, Trump, Russia.
elcorazon

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »

Those ICE Agents and their superiors need to be locked up.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »

A bunch of thugs it seems.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:21:17 PM »

Those ICE Agents and their superiors need to be locked up.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »

Pretty obvious that ICE needs to be liquidated once Democrats take back power.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »

Ah yes, Trump's America, the land of freedom, where government agents can just burst into your home at any time and shoot you for a suspected civil offense.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2017, 05:58:21 PM by Green Line »

Yes, lets lock up the ICE agents based off absolutely no facts aside from the rock solid word of the family.  Im sure the officer hallucinated when he thought someone was pointing a gun at him, or better yet made up the entire thing just so they could go to a totally random house and shoot someone.  You guys are so readily willing to believe the first thing you read in some cases.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

Yes, lets lock up the ICE agents based off absolutely no facts aside from the rock solid word of the family.  Im sure the officer hallucinated when he thought someone was pointing a gun at him, or better yet made up the entire thing just so they could go to a totally random house and shoot someone.  You guys are so readily willing be believe the first thing you read in some cases.
This is the just the most recent in a long line of abuses from these lawless thugs. For ours sake, ICE needs to be stopped.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »

Green Line hates legal immigrants. Especially if they aren't white.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »

I'll believe the police on this one as they say the man had a gun. If he didn't though, it's somewhat disturbing.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »

I'll believe the police on this one as they say the man had a gun. If he didn't though, it's somewhat disturbing.

False, reports are out that no one was armed especially since it was 6am.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »

It's only going to get worse. Trump is empowering the Police State, he wants it to be like his comrades country, Vladimir Putin.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »

I don't know why ICE was there.  But a few facts to go with your hysteria:

1) Felix Torres was never in critical condition, he was shot in the arm after he pointed a gun at the officer.  He is in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.

2) Felix Torres doesn't "own" a gun (I don't know if a non-citizen can legally own a gun or not) but his adult sons do.  He pointed a gun at the officer during an attempted arrest and was shot.  His son was wanted on felony weapons charges.

I'm not saying everything was above board, we hardly know anything yet.  And I have no idea why ICE was involved.  But again, not in critical condition, not unarmed. 

Bottom line, no matter who is right or wrong, if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.  Let them make the arrest and sue them later.  You can't point a gun at a cop and expect not to get shot.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-shot-by-ice-agent-in-belmont-cragin/1820175/

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »

ICE agents should not be armed in the first place.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 11:06:14 PM »

Pretty obvious that ICE needs to be liquidated once Democrats take back power.

and Democrats still deny they support open borders.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »

1) Felix Torres was never in critical condition, he was shot in the arm after he pointed a gun at the officer.  He is in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.

2) Felix Torres doesn't "own" a gun (I don't know if a non-citizen can legally own a gun or not) but his adult sons do.  He pointed a gun at the officer during an attempted arrest and was shot.  His son was wanted on felony weapons charges.

I'm not saying everything was above board, we hardly know anything yet.  And I have no idea why ICE was involved.  But again, not in critical condition, not unarmed. 

Bottom line, no matter who is right or wrong, if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.  Let them make the arrest and sue them later.  You can't point a gun at a cop and expect not to get shot.

From the link above:

ICE says he was armed. His family says he was not. (Typical Law Enforcement MO is to always claim anyone who is shot by LE was armed.) So far as I know, there is no evidence either way.

vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:46:05 PM »

From the link above:

ICE says he was armed. His family says he was not. (Typical Law Enforcement MO is to always claim anyone who is shot by LE was armed.) So far as I know, there is no evidence either way.

And if you read elsewhere, she was asleep in the basement when it happened.  But there were guns in the house.  I wasn't there, you weren't there, and she wasn't either.  Her reasoning is  father doesn't "own (got)" a gun; therefore he couldn't have pointed one at the officers.

There will be a full investigation, as with any time a weapon is discharged in the line of duty.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »

From the link above:

And if you read elsewhere, she was asleep in the basement when it happened.  But there were guns in the house.  I wasn't there, you weren't there, and she wasn't either.  Her reasoning is  father doesn't "own (got)" a gun; therefore he couldn't have pointed one at the officers.

There will be a full investigation, as with any time a weapon is discharged in the line of duty.

Indeed. Which is why you should not  have presented opinions (yours and ICE's) as "a few facts".
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »

From the link above:

Indeed. Which is why you should not  have presented opinions (yours and ICE's) as "a few facts".

And you should not have claimed "he was unarmed" or "he is in critical condition."   The only person who said he was unarmed is a justifiably hysterical daughter who didn't witness the shooting.   
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 08:11:08 AM »

Sigh...

So Democrats are crying wolf again? That's why Trump won is "Teflon".
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »

Sigh...

So Democrats are crying wolf again? That's why Trump won is "Teflon".

Lmao, really? How's that wiretap going? How about that attack in Sweden? Or perhaps that biggest EV win in recent history? Healthcare? No?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 08:19:49 AM »

Can we wait for actual facts before we say anything, unlike what the media are doing.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »

....... if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.......

Give that man a cigar.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 08:29:59 AM »

This is America...innocent people get shot all the time by law enforcement authorities

Absolutely correct.  In fact more cops have been accidentally shot by their fellow officers than ICE agents shooting legal residents, but let's not throw a pale of water on Grungehost's tendency to rail against anything he feels is Trump related.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies