Should a poster being an inconsiderate jerk be a violation of the TOS?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:10:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should a poster being an inconsiderate jerk be a violation of the TOS?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should a poster being an inconsiderate jerk be a violation of the TOS?
Yes

No

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Should a poster being an inconsiderate jerk be a violation of the TOS?  (Read 1983 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »
« edited: April 02, 2017, 11:47:22 AM by Fearless Leader X »

This.

Edit: Just to elaborate a little bit, I'd say that this should definitely be considered a violation of the TOS, but there should be a clear and well-defined definition of how "inconsiderate jerk" is defined for the purposes of moderation pinned to the top of the Atlas board.  That might reduce confusion about what is and isn't allowed.  Actually, it might be a good idea to pin the entire TOS there as I've had trouble finding it when I was curious about whether certain things were violations.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »

The problem with this is that not everyone here will agree on what constitutes being an "inconsiderate jerk." Plus, even good posters who are generally nice do occasionally snap at others.

Very true.

I also believe that there is one moderator who'd use such loose rules to give me undeserved grief. 

Not to mention the fact that multiple mods very well could meet some such definitions of being a "jerk," depending on one's view of things.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »

I remember when Sirnick started, out of the blue, to act like a total dick toward Doctor Cynic. One mod revealed his posts were reported with a question "is being such a c**t infractable?"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies