52% of US males agree with Tomi on abortion re: small gov and pro-choice union
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:53:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  52% of US males agree with Tomi on abortion re: small gov and pro-choice union
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 52% of US males agree with Tomi on abortion re: small gov and pro-choice union  (Read 1383 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:39:43 AM »

Most men agree with Tomi Lahren's reason to be pro-choice
https://today.yougov.com/news/2017/03/28/majority-men-agree-tomi-lahren-pro-choice/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »

Men, of course, known for their complete unselfishness and concern for others well-being and most especially taking an interest in children.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:17:16 AM »

Her logic is easy to follow even if most men probably have ulterior reasons for agreeing with her in particular being pro choice
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »

Wow, the anti-male attitude on here really comes out. Men are more libertarian in their politics overall (see: economic issues, marijuana, guns, etc.). There is no ulterior motive needed for them to agree with Tomi's reasoning here.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:46:11 AM »

I think the main issue is that men shouldn't really have a vested personal stake in women's gyneacological health other than to affirm 'it's a matter for  her', which is a 'pro-choice' position, even if one is uncomfortable with decisions that might then be made.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 10:51:18 AM »

Most men agree with Tomi Lahern because she's hot

Overrated
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »

Do most men even know what "small government" even means?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »

Men, of course, known for their complete unselfishness and concern for others well-being and most especially taking an interest in children.

This. I remember a few years ago probably 2012,  huffpo or buzzfeed had some particularly offputting non parody articles about being "bro choice". The argument by frat stars being "hey brah fewer abortion rights means girls might be less likely to put out. Nothing kills the mood for women more than knowing they might get stuck with one of those awful crying things. If you like crushing some puss support planned parenthood so the bitches spread their legs."

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »

This. I remember a few years ago probably 2012,  huffpo or buzzfeed had some particularly offputting non parody articles about being "bro choice". The argument by frat stars being "hey brah fewer abortion rights means girls might be less likely to put out. Nothing kills the mood for women more than knowing they might get stuck with one of those awful crying things. If you like crushing some puss support planned parenthood so the bitches spread their legs."

I would suggest "fake news", but the logic behind that is so utterly specious that I think only a frat bro could come up with that, probably minutes before blacking out.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »

Do most men even know what "small government" even means?

Huh?  I mean, it doesn't *mean* anything, really.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »

Too many men have been taught to believe that we have no right to hold an opinion on abortion.  Plus, abortion opinion polling is VERY susceptible to the exact wording of the question (depending on who you believe, either 60% of Americans are against abortion or the vast majority are in favor of Roe v. Wade).  Believe it or not, there is a large group of people who simply never think about it and don't have a stand at all.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

I would suggest "fake news", but the logic behind that is so utterly specious that I think only a frat bro could come up with that, probably minutes before blacking out.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/13734/brochoice-how-hb2-hurts-texas-men-who-like-women

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/13734/brochoice-how-hb2-hurts-texas-men-who-like-women

The last sentence is the greatest argument for banning abortion yet. Thank you.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »

Too many men have been taught to believe that we have no right to hold an opinion on abortion.

When pressed, men could just start saying that they're genderfluid.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »

If someone views women as nothing more than sex objects then one would obviously support abortion.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:55 PM »

Dear lord.

I'm pretty strongly pro-birth control but couching ANY argument in these terms is... something else
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

If someone views women as nothing more than sex objects then one would obviously support abortion.

fun thing is, in the past the same was true with exactly the opposite outcome.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

I like how this thread has devolved to speculating about the worst possible motives of pro-choice men, despite lack of any evidence such motives are widespread, and then castigating them for it.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »

I like how this thread has devolved to speculating about the worst possible motives of pro-choice men, despite lack of any evidence such motives are widespread, and then castigating them for it.

Just like how pro-choicers do for pro-life men?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »

Just like how pro-choicers do for pro-life men?

or everybody does for everyone else re: everything but especially abortion.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »

How about simply letting women decide what they want to do with their own bodies? I know the notion of other people *cough*men*cough* and government *cough*powerful men*cough* not controlling a woman is quite radical, but if it's not your body then it's not your say. As men, we have no idea and never will have any idea what it's like to be pregnant or have the concern of becoming impregnated, therefore it's not really our issue. And if you're so worried about your partner having an abortion, then maybe you should discuss the issue before you have sex in case that happened. It's not their problem if it kills the mood or whatever; if it's that big of a deal to you then you should discuss it first.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 01:36:46 PM »

How about simply letting women decide what they want to do with their own bodies? I know the notion of other people *cough*men*cough* and government *cough*powerful men*cough* not controlling a woman is quite radical, but if it's not your body then it's not your say. As men, we have no idea and never will have any idea what it's like to be pregnant or have the concern of becoming impregnated, therefore it's not really our issue. And if you're so worried about your partner having an abortion, then maybe you should discuss the issue before you have sex in case that happened. It's not their problem if it kills the mood or whatever; if it's that big of a deal to you then you should discuss it first.

How ironic!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

The argument that abortion should only be an issue women have opinions about is stupid. Abortion affects more than women and given the ramifications on society of both illegal and legal abortion men have the right to have an opinion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 02:05:28 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

The argument that abortion should only be an issue women have opinions about is stupid. Abortion affects more than women and given the ramifications on society of both illegal and legal abortion men have the right to have an opinion.

It's a characteristically pro-choice argument, presupposing the idea that abortion should not be restricted. If you believe that abortion is murder, the idea that men should not try to restrict it because "it's not really our issue" is indefensible.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:02 PM »

It's a characteristically pro-choice argument, presupposing the idea that abortion should not be restricted. If you believe that abortion is murder, the idea that men should not try to restrict it because "it's not really our issue" is indefensible.

A lot All of the pro-choice arguments make no sense from the perspective of abortion being literally as bad as shooting a random stranger on the street.

-But they will be in poverty and may commit crimes: Should we just kill off all other poor people?
-But their father is a rapist: Should we go into homes kill the kids of rapists?
-I don't agree with it, but it's not my place to choose: I don't like murder, but I won't stop others from murdering (honestly, this is the pro-choice argument that angers me the most)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies