TX-SEN: True to Form
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:26:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 68
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 157497 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I get the feeling I'm gonna become a very big Beto O'Rourke fan by the end of the year.

Beto 2020
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »

I get the feeling I'm gonna become a very big Beto O'Rourke fan by the end of the year.

Holy crap this guy is a boss
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 05:04:02 PM »

We must take this with caution; AZ, NV and TX will be competetive only if the House is in reach for the Dems to take as well as having a wave in governor mansions.

But, Cruz and Flake aside from Heller like McCaskill and Donnelly won't have easy reelections.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2017, 01:38:24 PM »

Beto O'Rourke says he's raised nearly $217,000 since announcing, with an average donation of $34.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/849019265491619840
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »

Beto O'Rourke says he's raised nearly $217,000 since announcing, with an average donation of $34.

That's already more than Ted's last opponent managed to raise. I personally think this race is likely R but I think after Flake and Heller this is the next place Dem's need to be looking at. You lose 100% of the races you don't contest.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »

Texas will hardly be competitive, even with Beto O'Rourke.  I would say Safe R.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »

O'Rourke should create commercials where its just clips of Donald Trump insulting 'Lyin Ted Cruz'
Or better yet, add in clips from his endorsement of Donald Trump after showing those Donald Trump clips. Just create all out Republican anarchy in the state of Texas. Pit the Trump supporters against the standard Republicans and the standard Republicans against the Trump supporters.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 08:27:01 PM »

Of course, O'Rourke isn't even the strongest Democratic candidate for so many reasons. It'll be fun watching Cruz still win by about 10 or so. Remember, sharing the ballot with Abbott and the Straight R option help, too.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »

Of course, O'Rourke isn't even the strongest Democratic candidate for so many reasons. It'll be fun watching Cruz still win by about 10 or so. Remember, sharing the ballot with Abbott and the Straight R option help, too.

Who is, pray tell?
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2017, 08:38:54 PM »

This argument is very debatable. I've heard from most people that Beto is the better option compared from Castro. Team Cruz was expecting a run from Castro, even after the announcement from O'Rourke they were tempting castro on twitter, meaning they spent all that time digging up dirt to only realize they had to start over maybe?
I personally would say Beto is the better option in comparison from Castro
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »

Who is, pray tell?

Maybe Cuellar? I don't think he's even considering running though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 08:49:06 PM »

Who is, pray tell?

Maybe Cuellar? I don't think he's even considering running though.

Cuellar is probably overrated. The only person I can possibly think of that might be better than O'Rourke is Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, and even then not sure.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »

(To answer the above posters)
Mike Rawlings would be better (has the largest metro area, DFW, as his base rather than El Paso which is tucked into a different timezone, and, not to mention that very few, if any statewide Texans have been from El Paso). I don't know too much about DFW politics, but Rawlings strikes me as more moderate, and I've heard he's been doing a good job as mayor.
So would Henry Cuellar, for obvious reasons.
The Castro brothers are overrated but they do have more name rec and would have better ties to the fundraising community.
How would O'Rourke, who's a bold progressive who has no crossover appeal a limited base within the state. O'Rourke would struggle in the primary if any non-El Paso candidate jump in, due to geography.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »

The Castro bros are boring Generic Democrats. Cuellar = 0% base excitement

Rawlings I'll give you.
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »

Henry Cuellar and Mike Rawlings are better candidates, IMO.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »

Rawlings would make a compelling Gov candidate, IMO, rather than Senate
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »

Rawlings would make a compelling Gov candidate, IMO, rather than Senate
I think he'd be more interested in being Governor, but Abbott will be waaaaaayyyy harder to beat than Cruz.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »

I think if O'Rourke is unestimated, he will surprise everyone, I am willing to give him a shot.
JMT

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2017, 09:49:14 PM »

I think if O'Rourke is unestimated, he will surprise everyone, I am willing to give him a shot.

I agree, I think O'Rourke is underestimated. I think he will do better than most expect, but I don't really see how he wins. O'Rourke may be the Jason Kander of the cycle; a highly touted, young recruit with a lot of progressive energy running against an unpopular incumbent in a deeply red state. The state will be too red for O'Rourke to overcome (like it was for Kander), but he will still be applauded for his efforts.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

Wave insurance like Kander.  But, if Clinton had won, he would have won too, despite Trump carrying MO.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »

That's already more than Ted's last opponent managed to raise. I personally think this race is likely R but I think after Flake and Heller this is the next place Dem's need to be looking at. You lose 100% of the races you don't contest.

Well, Ted's last opponent was some fat old former Blue Dog state senator from East Texas who had zero constituency or name recognition and hadn't held office since the '90s.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »

Well, Ted's last opponent was some fat old former Blue Dog state senator from East Texas who had zero constituency or name recognition and hadn't held office since the '90s.
Too bad we didn't get the real race: Cruz vs. Kesha Rogers.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »

He also barely raised any money compared to Cruz. He still managed to get 40% of the vote. With all that said I think with better funding and more relevancy O'Rourke should at least hold Cruz within 10 points. I think depending on the outcome of GA-06 and overall national mood this race could get rather interesting.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »

Holy crap this guy is a boss
How old are you?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »

O'Rourke is going to be the Sanders of Texas. Raising money only from supporters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies