I just drove through two counties that voted for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:54:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just drove through two counties that voted for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I just drove through two counties that voted for Trump  (Read 2810 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 08:22:19 AM »

I'm stationed in Virginia, a swing state that went for Hillary Clinton last year and it has independent cities that exist outside of counties. I work and stay in Portsmouth, which voted for Hillary Clinton, but on Fridays and Sundays, I eat at restaurants in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach which went for Donald Trump.

I work at the barracks and I found a Trump flag in someone's room. True story.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 09:39:56 AM »

I can't get to either Albany or NYC without going through Trump country. Thank God Dutchess barely went for Clinton, or I could not even get to Kingston for department store shopping, and would be trapped in Columbia County. Columbia County has no department stores except the sad case of Kohls. BRTD would have a nervous breakdown if he went across the river into Greene County, which is still festooned everywhere with Trump signs. They love their President almost as much as their guns.

Dan and I play this game as we drive through the various little townships (NY calls them towns), guessing how they voted. We have gotten pretty good at picking up the vibe. That is what happens when politics has turned mostly cultural. Towns steeped in history with tight zoning, and many historic houses, are Clinton country. Tracts with rather tasteless McMansions are all Trump, like in some areas east of Poughkeepsie (county seat of Dutchess) at the edge of the NYC metro zone at the end of the metro line.

You could theoretically get to NYC by going through Springfield and Hartford, but that would be pretty ridiculous.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »

lol at the people who are triggered by this

it's BRTD guys. He's always been like this!

And it remains just as alarming as in 2004 or whenever he was actually - for good reason - acting like a college kid for the first time.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »

And two-thirds in my constituency voted Tory or UKIP at the last general election. Get over it duck.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »

Good for you
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »

Getting over your fears, eh? Perhaps one day, you'll even manage to get through whole states that voted for Trump.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

I can't get to either Albany or NYC without going through Trump country. Thank God Dutchess barely went for Clinton, or I could not even get to Kingston for department store shopping, and would be trapped in Columbia County. Columbia County has no department stores except the sad case of Kohls. BRTD would have a nervous breakdown if he went across the river into Greene County, which is still festooned everywhere with Trump signs. They love their President almost as much as their guns.

Dan and I play this game as we drive through the various little townships (NY calls them towns), guessing how they voted. We have gotten pretty good at picking up the vibe. That is what happens when politics has turned mostly cultural. Towns steeped in history with tight zoning, and many historic houses, are Clinton country. Tracts with rather tasteless McMansions are all Trump, like in some areas east of Poughkeepsie (county seat of Dutchess) at the edge of the NYC metro zone at the end of the metro line.

You could theoretically get to NYC by going through Springfield and Hartford, but that would be pretty ridiculous.

Except counties in CT are Mass are basically a dead letter, and there is a blockade of Trump voting towns that blocks all access (even along the CT coast, there are couple of blue spots. I checked. If I found a path, I would have posted it!  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 06:36:19 PM »

Getting over your fears, eh? Perhaps one day, you'll even manage to get through whole states that voted for Trump.

I just did. Wisconsin.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 06:45:05 PM »

Are you ever going to go back home to North Dakota again?  That's uber-Trump country.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

... this is unsurprisingly stupid coming from you, BRTD. I hope you're just trolling us. You'd certainly hate to live where I do; Trump had a margin of victory of over 30% in my county and there's only one County that voted Clinton within a 2 hour radius.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »

... this is unsurprisingly stupid coming from you, BRTD. I hope you're just trolling us. You'd certainly hate to live where I do; Trump had a margin of victory of over 30% in my county and there's only one County that voted Clinton within a 2 hour radius.
Yes I would. I prefer liberal large cities. Trump places are boring.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 08:28:59 PM »

lol at the people who are triggered by this

it's BRTD guys. He's always been like this!

And it remains just as alarming as in 2004 or whenever he was actually - for good reason - acting like a college kid for the first time.

>implies knowning what BRTD was like in 2004
>Date Registered:   September 02, 2014, 06:29:25 pm
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies