Who is/was more deserving of a ban?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:33:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is/was more deserving of a ban?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these controversial users (i.e. sh!tposters) is/was more deserving of a ban?
Eharding (R)

Eharding (D)

Eharding (I/O)

Runeghost (R)

Runeghost (D)

Runeghost (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Who is/was more deserving of a ban?  (Read 1439 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:56 PM »

This will be interesting...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »

EHarding. That's a volume judgment, not a quality one.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »

To be honest, and maybe its because we spent most of the time on other boards from each other, I never really even noticed Runeghost. It was impossible to avoid Ehardon, even if I had him on ignore. He deserved the ban.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:54:33 PM »

Just nonchalantly dropping this here for reference: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=257154.msg5588701#msg5588701
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:57:21 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 11:03:19 PM by The Arizonan »

I don't pay much attention to either user, but I'm going with Eharding because Runeghost is merely another Donald Trump basher which is okay.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »

Runeghost (normal) but Eharding was a nuisance too.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »

Runeghost (normal) but Eharding was a nuisance too.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 11:49:59 AM »

When Runeghost starts making 50 posts a day, derailing every thread throughout multiple boards, claiming that we shouldn't have any Republican moderators, and attacking specific users, then we'll talk. His statements about Republicans are awful, and need to be addressed with at least a warning (though there are definitely a couple of posters who have made similar remarks about Democrats, and are not banned), but directly attacking users is on a different level. Those of you accusing the forum of bias, but holding up EHarding as some kind of martyr, while calling for Runeghost to be permabanned should realize that the "bias" argument goes both ways.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »

It's genuinely hard to pick ... both are horrible posters with horrible opinions and no respect for those who disagree with them.  What the hell is the difference?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »

Neither, but I honestly find ruinghost more annoying
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »

When Runeghost starts making 50 posts a day, derailing every thread throughout multiple boards, claiming that we shouldn't have any Republican moderators, and attacking specific users, then we'll talk. His statements about Republicans are awful, and need to be addressed with at least a warning (though there are definitely a couple of posters who have made similar remarks about Democrats, and are not banned), but directly attacking users is on a different level. Those of you accusing the forum of bias, but holding up EHarding as some kind of martyr, while calling for Runeghost to be permabanned should realize that the "bias" argument goes both ways.
I'm not making Eharding out to be some kind of martyr. I'm just saying that Eharding never said that he wished that people would die based solely on their voting habits.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »

Neither.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 10:52:35 PM »

Yeah I feel like this is the only right answer.

Runeghost is merely another Donald Trump basher

*spews milkshake*
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »

I don't come across Runeghost's posts a lot because I'm not much into the US politics board, but if he's as bad as his detractors say, sure, we can ban him too.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 12:32:36 AM »

I'm not making Eharding out to be some kind of martyr. I'm just saying that Eharding never said that he wished that people would die based solely on their voting habits.

I wasn't referring specifically to you, and while implying people who vote a certain way (which includes members of this forum) should die is obviously inappropriate, my point was that Eharding did quite a few things that Runeghost hasn't done (to my knowledge.) I think Runeghost has made some absolutely awful posts, and should at least be given a warning, but I wish people didn't bring him up as a way of defending/supporting Eharding.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »

They are diffrent kind of "offenders". Eharding was basically an idiot, derailing the forum with spamming, even though he didn't appear malicious. Still, he was rightly banned. Runeghost is malicious and, believe me, he's not under the radar.

A lot of people here brought the issue of consistency and we're listening.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies