Flynn Agrees to testify in exchange for Immunity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:37:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Flynn Agrees to testify in exchange for Immunity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Flynn Agrees to testify in exchange for Immunity  (Read 4234 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:24 PM »

Seriously is EnglishPete Paul Joseph Watson? Cause that would explain alot
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »

It's getting more and more obvious that Trump colluded with the Russians and made a deal. After this it might be a garentee that it happened.

I've thought of a scenario that might let Trump squeak out of this, even if everything we've been hearing is true.

What if Trump is even more of a petulant, ignorant muppet than most folks have been assuming? What if everything he's been saying is technically true, as he understood it? What if his aides and staff have been taking Russian money and/or co-operating with Russian intel, but never bothered to tell him, just like they never bother to tell him anything else?

Basically an amped-up version of the Regan defense: the President is a demented simpleton with the memory of a dead virus, so he can't be guilty of anything.
EnglishPete

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »

Geez all the right wing hacks on here are going to have pie on their face once the evidence proves to be treasonous.
Since none of the 'evidence' that has been produced so far for this conspiracy theory has amounted to anything why would you expect this to be any different?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »

Seriously is EnglishPete Paul Joseph Watson? Cause that would explain alot

He's either PJW or one of a million of his clones. All with YouTube channels named stuff like "The Cynical Skeptic" filled with hour long rants about feminism killing western society.
EnglishPete

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »

Who are you to believe! Flynn's own lawyer, or Mike "Gorilla Mind" Cernovich?

The periscope that the tweet linked to specifically made exactly the same point that his lawyer made in the letter. In an atmosphere where powerful people are carrying on a witch hunt and trying to pin a conspiracy theory on various people, including Mike Flynn, then Flynn would have to be nuts to agree to testify without having some kind of protection from the prospect of a politically motivated prosecution based on insubstantial evidence.
EnglishPete

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 09:02:55 PM »

His lawyer confirmed it Pete god you are getting desperate
I know what his lawyer said, I just posted his lawyer's statement a few posts up and it matches exactly what I've been saying for some time about this. Here it is again in case you missed it.

You will notice that it doesn't mention the words 'immunity' or 'FBI' either. A House intelligence Committee spokesman has said they have no deal with Flynn about him testifying to them.
Hi. Lawyer here. That last sentence literally just means, "We're asking for an immunity deal." Whether congress is interested in taking him up on his offer is another matter entirely.
Well that's a fair point. But why might they not be interested in hearing his testimony?

Come to think of it why hasn't John Podesta been asked to testify, this is supposed to be partly about his e-mails.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »

Well that's a fair point. But why might they not be interested in hearing his testimony?

The info he has isn't worth that much to them.  Either he doesn't know that much, or they already have another source and have enough info for what they need.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »

I know what his lawyer said, I just posted his lawyer's statement a few posts up and it matches exactly what I've been saying for some time about this. Here it is again in case you missed it.

You will notice that it doesn't mention the words 'immunity' or 'FBI' either. A House intelligence Committee spokesman has said they have no deal with Flynn about him testifying to them.

If it is only to preserve his self-conception as an honorable person of integrity, then that could be enough.

In countries with a shakier heritage of civilian control of the military, this sort of stuff is the grist for a military coup.

I would be delighted to see Donald Trump and his coterie getting onto a charter jet with the logo

Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:57 PM »

First one in the door gets the best deal.

Isn't that what they say when it comes to these things?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »

First one in the door gets the best deal.

Isn't that what they say when it comes to these things?

Usually yeah
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 12:17:28 AM »

Hi. Lawyer here. That last sentence literally just means, "We're asking for an immunity deal." Whether congress is interested in taking him up on his offer is another matter entirely.

This. But EP is literally bat-$hit crazy, so pointing it out will prove nothing to his fevered imagination
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 12:31:36 AM »

We'll see where this goes. Could be a nothingburger, explosive, or in between.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2017, 12:36:57 AM »

I say this all goes nowhere because I'm cynical like that.
Klartext89

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 01:27:47 AM »

#FakeNews
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »

Here's an interesting take on all of this.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 01:38:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What if this is his lawyer's goal? Undermine the investigation so Trump can stay unscathed and Flynn takes the fall.
EnglishPete

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What if this is his lawyer's goal? Undermine the investigation so Trump can stay unscathed and Flynn takes the fall.
I think Flynn and his lawyer's goal is clear. Flynn is not facing any criminal charges, as has been publicly acknowledged, but he's being subject to a viscous politically motivated smear campaign. He wants to publicly testify to clear his name (and by extension Trump's) but his lawyer has advised him to not say anything in this witch hunt atmosphere lest his words be twisted out of context in a politically motivated prosecution.

That's exactly what the lawyer's statement says, its what Cernovich said in the Periscope embedded in the tweet that Mike Flynn Jr retweeted

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ZkKzELEeMand

and it's very close to what was said in the article ModerateVoter linked to. It looks like that is what is happening.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 02:50:13 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 02:53:59 AM by Statilius the Epicurean »

On behalf of my countrymen, I apologise to Atlas for EnglishPete. He is probably one of the people who took a pen into the polling booth on 23rd June to stop MI5 from rubbing out his vote for Leave.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 03:16:31 AM »

Who would engage in a politically motivated prosecution if there is nothing to prosecute him for? Also, others haven't asked for this.
EnglishPete

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »

On behalf of my countrymen, I apologise to Atlas for EnglishPete. He is probably one of the people who took a pen into the polling booth on 23rd June to stop MI5 from rubbing out his vote for Leave.
As a fellow Brit you should know the story of Titus Oates and the 'Popish Plot'. This Russia/Trump conspiracy theory nonsense and the hysteria surrounding it seems like a similar event (although thankfully without people getting their heads chopped off).
EnglishPete

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 08:42:18 AM »

@WDFx2EU95 on twitter exposing a flood of pro DNC (likely David Brock) social media bots pushing this story

MicroMagicDingus™‏ @WDFx2EU95  11h11 hours ago
More
 Notice how these Mike Flynn bots have ZERO to very few RTs. no one reads these Tweets, they are here to pump hashtags only

MicroMagicDingus™‏ @WDFx2EU95  1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @PresidentIvanka @GenFlynn
Another @davidbrockdc bot, 1 follower, its only concerned about how bad Mike Flynn is

Of course the establishment media have recently been pushing the story of pro-Trump accounts all being Russian bots. SJWs always project so if you want to know what they might be guilty of look at what they're accusing others of.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »

Twitter has more bots in it than the entirety of Westworld... this isn't news.
yankeesfan
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 09:21:24 AM by yankeesfan »

What are you talking about, EnglishPete?   You didn't even bother to check if those are bots or not.

@MusicNegrito has 141k followers and is a verified account.

Those aren't bots, they're concerned citizens.  You lie. 

Stop derailing the thread.
EnglishPete

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  4h4 hours ago
More
 Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!
EnglishPete

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »

Twitter has more bots in it than the entirety of Westworld... this isn't news.
Exactly. this liberal media line of 'Trump's social media supporters are all Russian bots' is not only wrong but incredibly hypocritical considering the number of pro-establishment bots there are out there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies