Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:45:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...  (Read 1853 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2017, 08:37:35 PM »

Trump supporters: If evidence is revealed showing Trump did in fact have an agreement with Russia to interfere with the election, what will your response be?

I'm asking because I don't believe any of you will see it as a problem, and I'm hoping you prove me wrong.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:39:25 PM »

It depends on what the details were (but, all things equal, I like Pence better anyway), but there would have to be a really high bar for impeachment.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »

My guess they will say the ends justify the means cause libtards are worse than a murderous dictator MAGA cuck
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

Trump supporters: If evidence is revealed showing Trump did in fact have an agreement with Russia to interfere with the election, what will your response be?

I'm asking because I don't believe any of you will see it as a problem, and I'm hoping you prove me wrong.

I'll answer for them:

A) It wasn't that big a deal, just playing politics. Like Reagan and Nixon. Nothing illegal about it.

B) Trump didn't have anything to do with it. It was bad apples on his campaign team. (That he's been friends with for decades.)

C) Trump didn't plan on actually keeping any deal with the Russians, so it doesn't count.
mencken
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 12:10:20 AM »

A) It wasn't that big a deal, just playing politics. Like Reagan and Nixon. Nothing illegal about it.

Amazing how Democrats can never lose a national election without a foreign scapegoat being responsible.
Klartext89

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:50:08 AM »

I'm following US politics since 2000. All I can conclude:

Democrats on...

- 2000 Election: FLORIDA WAS STOLEN!!!

- 2004 Election: OHIO WAS STOLEN!!! (200.000 votes...)

- 2008 Election: If Obama doesn't win, it was RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2012 Election: If Obama isn't re-elected, it is because of RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2016 Election: RUSSIA!!!

a litte hint in the future:

- 2020 Trump re-election because of great economic data, weak Dem bench to challenge him and people seeing that he is able to govern and can be presidential: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! Kill all Whites!!!

- 2024 Pence election: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! We thought Hispanics would be socially liberal??? Deport them all!!!

Will be fun.
Klartext89

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:54:50 AM »

Regarding your question:

I'm sure that Russia and Wikileaks cooperated and that they gave some sort of information regarding publishing dates to the Trump campaign, but that's like Super PACs and campaigns sharring information where to invest funds. Totally normal and nothing problematic about it.

It's a totally nonsense and hypocrite debate. Obama went to Britain on the eve of Brexit vote and de facto campaigned against it. That's way more than what we are really debating about Russia now. Every country has ist interest and I'm very sure it would have worked better for them to show Hillary her E-Mails and get everything they want.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 06:31:52 AM »

Obama went to Britain on the eve of Brexit vote and de facto campaigned against it.
What? When?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 07:17:58 AM »

Trump himself did nothing of the sort.....but a few underlings may fall, and that's fine.  Trump isn't going anywhere, Clay, deal with it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 07:59:46 AM »

Trump himself did nothing of the sort.....but a few underlings may fall, and that's fine.  Trump isn't going anywhere, Clay, deal with it.

Answer the question.

All it is, is a hypothetical "what if." Shouldn't be difficult to search within yourself to find the answer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

Answer the question.

All it is, is a hypothetical "what if." Shouldn't be difficult to search within yourself to find the answer.

If he personally was involved in the tampering of an election, he must pay the price.  No one questions that.....it's just that your hypothetical is like asking what will we do if the sky falls today?  But have fun with it.  Roll Eyes
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »

Interesting. You've gone from saying no impeachment or removal from office to no impeachment or removal but agree a few underlings may indeed fall.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 08:51:08 AM »

I'm following US politics since 2000. All I can conclude:

Democrats on...

- 2000 Election: FLORIDA WAS STOLEN!!!

- 2004 Election: OHIO WAS STOLEN!!! (200.000 votes...)

- 2008 Election: If Obama doesn't win, it was RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2012 Election: If Obama isn't re-elected, it is because of RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2016 Election: RUSSIA!!!

a litte hint in the future:

- 2020 Trump re-election because of great economic data, weak Dem bench to challenge him and people seeing that he is able to govern and can be presidential: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! Kill all Whites!!!

- 2024 Pence election: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! We thought Hispanics would be socially liberal??? Deport them all!!!

Will be fun.

lol there was not real voter fraud in 08' and 12'. If there was any it's unregistered voters (a lot of people in inner city black population) voting.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 08:54:13 AM »

Called it:
I'll answer for them:

B) Trump didn't have anything to do with it. It was bad apples on his campaign team.

C) Trump didn't plan on actually keeping any deal with the Russians, so it doesn't count.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »

Interesting. You've gone from saying no impeachment or removal from office to no impeachment or removal but agree a few underlings may indeed fall.

Anything is possible.  And by underlings I also mean former campaign employees, not necessarily West Wing employees. 
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 09:01:47 AM »

Trump himself did nothing of the sort.....but a few underlings may fall, and that's fine.  Trump isn't going anywhere, Clay, deal with it.

Anything is possible.  And by underlings I also mean former campaign employees, not necessarily West Wing employees.  

Now “anything is possible?” Tongue

Anyway, I agree anything is possible. I certainly believe Trump will fall. However given the scrutiny on the Russian involvement, I actually believe it will be a little unknown scandal that brings down Trump and the Russian thing will be the cherry on top. However any such situation will take years to discover, so anything untowards would be found after 2018, I'd guess.

But yeah I don't know. He could skate all the way to January 20, 2021 as president. Really doubtful he will secure a second term but we'll see.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »

Answer the question.

If he personally was involved in the tampering of an election, he must pay the price.  No one questions that.....it's just that your hypothetical is like asking what will we do if the sky falls today?  But have fun with it.  Roll Eyes

You're sure?

Whatever.

So if he gave the go-ahead to someone in his campaign to coordinate with Russia...or if all he knew was he was giving the go-ahead for them to work with an outside entity (as in, outside the country, but he didn't know from where) to tamper with the election in some way...would you consider that him being personally involved?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »

Well gee I guess you got your answer.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »

Trump lies constantly, but the most profoundly true and insightful thing he said during the campaign was how he could shoot a man on live TV and he wouldn't lose any of his voters. No matter what Trump does or says his supporters will find a way to excuse him or talk about Hillarys e-mails.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 09:58:04 AM »

Answer the question.

You're sure?

Whatever.

So if he gave the go-ahead to someone in his campaign to coordinate with Russia...or if all he knew was he was giving the go-ahead for them to work with an outside entity (as in, outside the country, but he didn't know from where) to tamper with the election in some way...would you consider that him being personally involved?

Oh good Lord man, I'm not answering every crazy hypothetical you can create.  You're going to have a miserable life for the next 4 years, I fear.  
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »

Trump himself did nothing of the sort.....but a few underlings may fall, and that's fine.  Trump isn't going anywhere, Clay, deal with it.

Answer the question.

If he personally was involved in the tampering of an election, he must pay the price.  No one questions that.....it's just that your hypothetical is like asking what will we do if the sky falls today?  But have fun with it.  Roll Eyes

You're sure?

Whatever.

Oh good Lord man, I'm not answering every crazy hypothetical you can create.  You're going to have a miserable life for the next 4 years, I fear.  

Why not?  I'll answer one.  If we were talking about President Hillary Clinton being under investigation for colluding with Russia to influence the election, I would no longer support her.  Also, it's not a "crazy hypothetical," as he is being investigated for this by the FBI as we speak.

I guess I just don't want my president committing treason, but maybe I'm just a miserable person.
EnglishPete

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 10:12:35 AM »

Answer the question.

You're sure?

Whatever.
The total lack of evidence against any of the accused parties is a pretty big clue

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Or if Clay was working with North Korea to overthrow the US government. Or if Viscount Stafford and the Duke of York are working with the Pope and the Jesuits to overthrow king Charles and turn over England to Papism.

FFS you (and all the others pursuing this witch hunt) can throw up all these hypotheticals but without evidence they're pretty meaningless.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »

Answer the question.

If he personally was involved in the tampering of an election, he must pay the price.  No one questions that.....it's just that your hypothetical is like asking what will we do if the sky falls today?  But have fun with it.  Roll Eyes

You're sure?

Whatever.
The total lack of evidence against any of the accused parties is a pretty big clue

Or if Clay was working with North Korea to overthrow the US government. Or if Viscount Stafford and the Duke of York are working with the Pope and the Jesuits to overthrow king Charles and turn over England to Papism.

FFS you (and all the others pursuing this witch hunt) can throw up all these hypotheticals but without evidence they're pretty meaningless.

Do ongoing investigations typically reveal all the evidence prior to conclusion?

Why do you suppose Flynn is seeking immunity in exchange for his testimony? That's not evidence, I know, but it's also a "big clue."
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »

Also, EnglishPete, why don't you answer the question?  It's a simple one, and it's not that crazy given that this is what is being investigated right now.

What would you say if it's revealed the Führer did indeed collude with Russia?
EnglishPete

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2017, 10:21:02 AM »

Answer the question.

You're sure?

Whatever.

Why not?  I'll answer one.  If we were talking about President Hillary Clinton being under investigation for colluding with Russia to influence the election, I would no longer support her
What even if you thought that the accusations against her were baseless political smears and the investigations a witch hunt? So hypothetically if someone you support becomes the victim of what you believe is a politically motivated witch hunt you'd drop them like a rock? Not very loyal I have to say.
An investigation based on Crowdstrike's dodgy and unverified claims and the laughably absurd Steele 'dodgy dossier'. And after months of investigation they've admitted they have no evidence so far of criminality from the campaign. Yep I'd say if was a pretty "crazy hypothetical".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies