Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump supporters: if the Russia thing turns out to be true...  (Read 1852 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »

Trump supporters: If evidence is revealed showing Trump did in fact have an agreement with Russia to interfere with the election, what will your response be?

I'm asking because I don't believe any of you will see it as a problem, and I'm hoping you prove me wrong.

I am a Trump voter, I dont consider myself a "supporter"

Probably disbelief. I think I would be disappointed.

Can we point out just one small thing about the "interference" nothing Wikileaks released wasn't true... Doesn't that concern you at all?
EnglishPete

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 10:25:51 AM »

What would you say if it's revealed the Führer did indeed collude with Russia?
If Angela Merkel was involved in secret criminal collusion with Russia I'd be surprised because I haven't seen any evidence for that. I wouldn't be shocked but I'd find it surprising.
Rjjr77
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »

I'm following US politics since 2000. All I can conclude:

Democrats on...

- 2000 Election: FLORIDA WAS STOLEN!!!

- 2004 Election: OHIO WAS STOLEN!!! (200.000 votes...)

- 2008 Election: If Obama doesn't win, it was RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2012 Election: If Obama isn't re-elected, it is because of RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

- 2016 Election: RUSSIA!!!

a litte hint in the future:

- 2020 Trump re-election because of great economic data, weak Dem bench to challenge him and people seeing that he is able to govern and can be presidential: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! Kill all Whites!!!

- 2024 Pence election: RUSSIA!!! RACISM!!! We thought Hispanics would be socially liberal??? Deport them all!!!

Will be fun.

lol there was not real voter fraud in 08' and 12'. If there was any it's unregistered voters (a lot of people in inner city black population) voting.

There was a lot of illegal voting in '08 and '12, not voter fraud (just a small part) but theres always a lot of illegal voting
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »

If there's nothing wrong with releasing information that's true, then let's release all information about all campaigns that's true. Let's legalize hacking for everyone. Or simply make all e-mails, phone calls and texts public to begin with. I would not be opposed to that. But to have a double standard where citizens of the US and US allies will be sent to prison for hacking, whereas citizens of US adversaries and foreign governments will not be punished for it, and even praised by our government, is the inverse of the natural position. A government should protect its own citizens over that of adversarial governments, not vice versa. You don't see Putin praising Americans for committing high profile crimes in Russia, that Russians would be imprisoned for. Why should the American president? National leaders should look after their own people.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 11:22:53 AM by Virginia »

- 2012 Election: If Obama isn't re-elected, it is because of RACISM!!! Voter fraud in black inner cities? Fake News! Getting 150% with 200% turnout is absoluetly common!

Seriously, this is random local news website comments section-level stuff. See: Romney / Utah precincts

I've never understood why some conservatives just can't accept that there are some precincts where there literally aren't any reliable Republican voters. It's not like they don't have similar areas, albeit less so because Republicans don't have as many areas where certain demographics heavily concentrate and are almost unanimously Democratic overall (African Americans). If you have a demographic nationwide that votes 90%+ Democratic, and tends to cluster in certain regions/urban areas, you're going to have precincts where it is unanimous.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »

Clay asked the question backwards.

If Trump was ever found guilty of a treasonous or impeachable offense would you support him remaining in office despite being in contempt of the constitution? If so, why?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »

Trump himself did nothing of the sort.....but a few underlings may fall, and that's fine.  Trump isn't going anywhere, Clay, deal with it.

Answer the question.

All it is, is a hypothetical "what if." Shouldn't be difficult to search within yourself to find the answer.

If he personally was involved in the tampering of an election, he must pay the price.  No one questions that.....it's just that your hypothetical is like asking what will we do if the sky falls today?  But have fun with it.  Roll Eyes

You're sure?

Whatever.

So if he gave the go-ahead to someone in his campaign to coordinate with Russia...or if all he knew was he was giving the go-ahead for them to work with an outside entity (as in, outside the country, but he didn't know from where) to tamper with the election in some way...would you consider that him being personally involved?

Oh good Lord man, I'm not answering every crazy hypothetical you can create.  You're going to have a miserable life for the next 4 years, I fear.  

Why not?  I'll answer one.  If we were talking about President Hillary Clinton being under investigation for colluding with Russia to influence the election, I would no longer support her
What even if you thought that the accusations against her were baseless political smears and the investigations a witch hunt? So hypothetically if someone you support becomes the victim of what you believe is a politically motivated witch hunt you'd drop them like a rock? Not very loyal I have to say.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
An investigation based on Crowdstrike's dodgy and unverified claims and the laughably absurd Steele 'dodgy dossier'. And after months of investigation they've admitted they have no evidence so far of criminality from the campaign. Yep I'd say if was a pretty "crazy hypothetical".

Funny you mention baseless political smears.

Ahem..."Obama wire tapped Trump tower"..."Obama is a Muslim who wasn't born in the US"...ahem
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 11:56:17 AM »

Clay asked the question backwards.

If Trump was ever found guilty of a treasonous or impeachable offense would you support him remaining in office despite being in contempt of the constitution? If so, why?

Thanks for saving this sh**tfest, Andrew.  The answer is, NO.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies