Mike Naso's Top Ten List #1 (AUG 2005) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Mike Naso's Top Ten List #1 (AUG 2005) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mike Naso's Top Ten List #1 (AUG 2005)  (Read 17095 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 31, 2005, 06:46:20 PM »

I doubt goldie's ever heard Allen speak.  He declares him likeable because he finds a pitcure with a smile.

And Romney isn't a conservative, big boy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:02:24 AM »

I doubt goldie's ever heard Allen speak.  He declares him likeable because he finds a pitcure with a smile.

And Romney isn't a conservative, big boy.

As a matter of fact, I have heard him speak. He has been on Fox News a number of times, as well as Hardball when he took down Barbara Boxer. Don't you dare try and bate me. I know what you want...you want to bate me and have me say some over the top comment. What do you think I am? An okie from a stoke? As for Romney...he is a lot more conservative than most politicans from Massachucetts. I'm Mike Naso...and that's the way it is.

Naso, "bate" is to flap one's wings frantically, or to lessen the force of.  What you're looking for is "bait".  I usually don't make fun of people for spelling errors, but this is not a mistake and rather a lack of knowledge of the English language on your part, which I have no problem pointing out and correcting.

Even when you aren't bated...ehhh...bated, you make two hilarious comments that may or may not appear in my signature sometime soon.

"What do you think I am?"  An okie from a stoke?"

And

"I'm Mike Naso....And that's the way it is."

Nice to hear from you, Goldie.  Thanks for the material.  Maybe you'll make another cameo next week, or maybe not.  I don't care.

Good luck with your life, buddy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 06:15:38 PM »

Okay, so in general, what do you think of my list?

Naso, if you're looking for positive feedback, you're in the wrong place.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 07:18:31 PM »

I totally agree.

Romney would mop the floor with any the current crop of potential Democrat nominees. 

I know you'll never understand this concept, but Romney is not a good candidate for several reasons.

He has a 43% approval rating and will simply be an ex-Governor in 2006, when he ducks a challenge from Reilly.

He is a Mormon.  Don't say this isn't a negative.  Listen to the religious right on this board!  jmfcst said just a few days ago that 'Mormons are not christians.'  The RR would NOT fall in lockstep with Romney under any circumstances, especially considering Romney has advocated legal abortions in the past (although he'd likely flip-flop here in a presidential run).

Against Mark Warner, Romney would be smoked.  A Roy Moore-type would spring up and take a uniform 15-20% across the south, fracturing the GOP base and we'd probably see Warner come close to, if not completely, sweep the south with pluralities.

Romney has no base.  It's hard to form a campaign when you really have no region you can count on, outside of Utah and Idaho.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 07:23:32 PM »

I should add that against Hillary Clinton, he'd still lose.

He wouldn't win anything in the northeast, save MAYBE New Hampshire.

The Roy Moore-type would still spring up, and this time be stronger, winning AL, MS, maybe the new and less black LA, etc.  Hillary might win AR and TN on the fracturing of the GOP base and Bill's influence.

It would be closer, but Hillary probably take a little over 50% of the vote against Romney's 40-42% and Roy Moore's 7-9%+.

Warner would crack 53% or so easily against Romney, who'd get a little over 40%.  Moore would be weaker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies