Favorite big European country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:48:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite big European country (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
France

Germany

Italy

Poland

Russia

Spain

Ukraine

United Kingdom

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Favorite big European country  (Read 3422 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »

Obviously, being American, my experience is limited to research, heresay and, of course, my actual travels.  I tend to experience the best of those countries (that I'm aware of) when I'm there, and I couldn't care less about their politics or issues that don't affect me while I'm on a vacation.  So, here is where I have had the pleasure of going:

Trip 1 (England): London for 4 days then the Cotswolds for 3 days
Trip 2 (Italy): Rome for 4 days then Montepulciano for 4 days
Trip 3 (France): Paris for 5 days then Normandy for 2 days
Trip 4 (France and Scotland): Paris for 3 days and Edinburgh for 3 days
Trip 5 (Germany and Czech Republic): Heidelberg for 1 night (sister studying), Rothenburg for 2 nights, Munich for 2 nights, Prague for 4 nights

I doubt anyone cares, but that's my "background."  It's REALLY hard to pick.  Paris was probably my favorite city, as the atmosphere really "took" me and I loved just doing everyday things like getting coffee or going for a walk there.  However, I think I had the most fun in Edinburgh, and I was really pleasantly surprised with how awesome it was.  It's probably not fair for me to judge England, as I was pretty young and need to try to go back, and possibly the same with Italy (though I sitll have never been blown away by anything more than the Colosseum).  Additionally, Prague was one of the coolest cities I've ever been to, but I think it ranks a notch below just because I wasn't as familiar with it beforehand, and a slight culture difference made it just a tad harder logisticwise; people were fantastic, though.  In the end, I have to go with Germany.  I'm probably a little biased given my family's German roots and that my sister was at least a little comfortable there by now, but the people were awesome, I actually liked the food, it was exceptionally clean and well-run and there's nothing more fun than drinking some German beer for this guy. Wink  Scotland was damn close, but Germany by a hair. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies