Favorite big European country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:55:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite big European country (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
France

Germany

Italy

Poland

Russia

Spain

Ukraine

United Kingdom

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Favorite big European country  (Read 3393 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: September 08, 2019, 05:09:14 AM »

Excluding Germamy, I'd normally say UK. However, they don't really seem to have their sh**t together any longer and I'm not willing to cast my vote for what has become a parody country. So, I guess it's Spain at the moment.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 04:15:52 PM »

Germany. I can't imagine what it's like for Germans living in Anglo countries where half the time their country is portrayed, it's in relation to 12-year aberration out of hundreds of years of history. There's more to Germany than that!

We probably killed more people in that 12 years than before and after, so it's not that much of a  issue for me. And from what I gather, Inglourious Basterds is a pretty popular movie around here too.

Of course I also do appreciate being a German citizen in this day and age, both before and also since coronavirus. It seems we're living very privileged lives and there are probably only few places - the Netherlands, Switzerland, Scandinavia, the "smaller" Anglo countries (not US/UK, sorry folks) and Japan come to mind - I'd consider being on the same level of political stability and quality of living.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies