Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:15:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Not a democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 195

Author Topic: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?  (Read 5741 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »

If Hillary insists on running again, I'll have no choice but to believe she's actually an alien from Mars that was sent here to infiltrate and destroy human society.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »

O'Malley, but out of these two, Sanders.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »

Hillary Clinton ran a flawed campaign and her ethics were caught up with her.

Trump isn't as skillful as Dubya was in 2004, meaning he will be defeated for reelection by a non polarizing Democrat.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »

Obviously Sanders.
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »

If Hillary insists on running again, I'll have no choice but to believe she's actually an alien from Mars that was sent here to infiltrate and destroy human society.

A frustrated Democrat might have said that to Hubert Humphrey at this time in 1969. It would be very hard for her to win and she would be very unpopular with larger electorate, but still more popular than Trump if his current trajectory is any indication.

She knows that if somehow she gets the Dem nomination in 2020 she once again will be big favorite to be the president. The only thing I think would stop her is if Chelsea wants to go into politics and they decide another Hillary campaign would risk damaging Chelsea's career.

Another factor here, if the third candidate is someone like Cory Booker, Sanders could get plurality of delegates but lose as Booker trades in his delegates for vp slot or whatever he wanted.  In that scenario Clinton would be leaking voters from the moment she got the nomination and she would have to spend the general election catering to Sanders concerns.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »

^^^
At least Hubert Humphrey who was a true progressive champion actually made a race of 1968. He was trailing a majority of the Campaign and almost pulled it off.
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »

^^^
At least Hubert Humphrey who was a true progressive champion actually made a race of 1968. He was trailing a majority of the Campaign and almost pulled it off.

Clinton did not make a race of 2016? In strict terms she did better than Humphrey. You and I understand why this is fallacy logic but most voters won't. Expect facile 'Re-elect Clinton' bumper stickers in reference to her over 2% popular vote win.

Anyway I think Sanders squeezes it out in this scenario if only on the strength of disproportionate caucus wins in the plains and mountain states.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

Obviously Hillary.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »

Clinton then, Sanders now. If you can't hold on to 'safe states' against Trump you don't deserve a second chance.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2017, 01:38:19 AM »

I voted for Clinton in last year's primary, and I would vote for Sanders if they ran against each other again.

The likelihood of the race boiling down to those two candidates again is extraordinarily low, though.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2017, 02:20:49 AM »

I voted for Hillary in 2008 and twice in 2016, but as much as love her, I cannot vote for her again. I don't think she's a fundamentally flawed candidate, but she has had massively inept people surrounding her. It's unfortunate that people don't know Hillary Clinton the person as opposed to the candidate. Unfortunately, candidate Hillary Clinton is far from the best personification of her as an actual person.

My vote for the 2020 primary is entirely up in the air right now, but if Bernie runs, there's a very good chance he'll get my vote. I have a feeling that if Bernie wants to run, he's going to get the nomination (unless Biden runs).
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »

O'Malley, but out of these two, Sanders.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »

Still Clinton.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »

Glad to know your still as delusional as last year.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »

This should not even be a question.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:22 PM »

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »

I hope Clinton doesn't run & I expected her to much worse in this poll, maybe get 4-5 votes. 2020 will be absolutely critical as Dems won't be able to bear another 4 years from Trump & if RBG/Breyer hangs on & Democrats lose in 2020, the SC is gone for a long while.

I just don't see the Dem party doing well going forward if Sanders loses again to Clinton as a large section of Sanders supporters defect to Greens for 2020 & will probably give up on the Dem party !

Clinton vs Sanders 2020 will be massively negative unlike 2016 despite whatever Bernie does to keep it clean because Sanders' supporters & surrogates for sure would go mercilessly against Clinton !
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »

I hope Clinton doesn't run & I expected her to much worse in this poll, maybe get 4-5 votes. 2020 will be absolutely critical as Dems won't be able to bear another 4 years from Trump & if RBG/Breyer hangs on & Democrats lose in 2020, the SC is gone for a long while.

I just don't see the Dem party doing well going forward if Sanders loses again to Clinton as a large section of Sanders supporters defect to Greens for 2020 & will probably give up on the Dem party !

Clinton vs Sanders 2020 will be massively negative unlike 2016 despite whatever Bernie does to keep it clean because Sanders' supporters & surrogates for sure would go mercilessly against Clinton !

Clinton would collapse as a candidate. Even if she had the same support from the establishment she would fail to get 20% in Iowa.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »

Still Clinton here regardless.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:43 AM »

Voted Sanders in the primary. Would be sad it came down to those two for a second time but I would support Clinton. I think people underestimate the Trump fatigue that will most likely be present by 2020. Also Sanders will be 78, he already looks extremely old. Clinton had detailed policy, while Sanders had ideas backed up by a "revolution". I am sick of populism
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2017, 02:43:55 AM »

No point to post your needless support twice.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2017, 02:31:07 PM »

I voted for Hillary in the primary and there's no way I would vote for her again. Not after what happened last year. I'd vote for Mr. T over her at this point.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 02:54:54 PM by Shadows »

Voted Sanders in the primary. Would be sad it came down to those two for a second time but I would support Clinton. I think people underestimate the Trump fatigue that will most likely be present by 2020. Also Sanders will be 78, he already looks extremely old. Clinton had detailed policy, while Sanders had ideas backed up by a "revolution". I am sick of populism

The policy statement is completely incorrect & I am shocked by the ignorance of the poeple who believe this ridiculous narrative of Clinton's donors controlled Media.

Let us look at examples -

College Affordability - Wall Street Speculation tax - 0.5% tax on stocks, 0.1% on bonds, 0.005% on derivatives, estimated to raise 332B $ odd based on economists Heintz & Pollins research on this area.

Paid Leave - Bernie supports the 2$ a week paid leave introduced by Gillibrand & Senate leaders. Hillary said she supports Paid leave but refused to support the Senate Bill & would look at "all options".

Social Security - Eliminate the cap on taxable income (Bernie) - A proposal Obama supported too. And it would not only make SS solvent but will expand it. HRC - I will expand but I will "look at all options" & won't commit now.

Infra - Bernie's 100B $ a year through corporate loopholes was based on Congressional Research office's data.

Climate Change - Bernie proposed a Carbon Tax. What was Hillary's plan? Cap n Trade or Carbon Tax? No1 even knows "I will look at all options' !

In recent history, Bernie was the best in detailed policy issues although he was not as articulate in explaining it in details as he should have been. But the entire Dem primary were about his ideas.

HRC had no thought out policy positions & never committed & presented detailed plans but the media painted a false narrative & people lapped it up.

For example, do you want to talk about Bernie's Keep our promises Act which would repeal loopholes of estate taxes & raise 29 B $ in 10 years through 2 key changes -

Modify like-kind exchange rules for real property and collectibles
Modify rules for minority valuation discounts

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »

Voted for Hillary in 16' but would vote Bernie if it came down to this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies