Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:09:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Not a democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 195

Author Topic: Democrats: If it is down to Clinton/Sanders rematch who do you support?  (Read 5739 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »

Hillary running again would demonstrate such a complete lack of self-awareness and public opinion to completely disqualify her for Presidency.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 12:42:55 AM »

Hillary running again would demonstrate such a complete lack of self-awareness and public opinion to completely disqualify her for Presidency.

Believe it or not, it is actually possible for the public to be wrong.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2017, 01:15:14 AM »

Believe it or not, the public votes in general elections, so considering their opinion would be a good idea in deciding who to vote for in a primary.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

My god just jerk off to Hillary already.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2017, 05:49:32 PM »

If you Bernie supporters weren't so condescending, insulting and arrogant Bernie could have won. You confirm the worst stereotypes of the 'Berniebros'.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »

If you Bernie supporters weren't so condescending, insulting and arrogant Bernie could have won. You confirm the worst stereotypes of the 'Berniebros'.

Yes because Clinton surrogates and supporters were never those things Roll Eyes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2017, 08:21:07 PM »

Depends on whether Bernie calls his health care plan the deceitful, dishonest name of "Medicare for All" or the correct, descriptive "Medicaid for All."

This was the primary reason I picked Hillary over Bernie in 2016, despite a closer alignment to Bernie on the issues.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »

Depends on whether Bernie calls his health care plan the deceitful, dishonest name of "Medicare for All" or the correct, descriptive "Medicaid for All."

This was the primary reason I picked Hillary over Bernie in 2016, despite a closer alignment to Bernie on the issues.

Lol really? Going against someone who is more aligned with you politically over wording? Geez.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »

Lol really? Going against someone who is more aligned with you politically over wording? Geez.

I'm being a little bit facetious of course, but it did always bug me.

He may have been making a reference to Canadian Medicare, not American Medicare, in which case his terminology wasn't wrong.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2017, 10:22:44 PM by Liberalrocks »

Totally this. I could never support Sanders or any from his brand.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 11:40:41 PM »

Totally this. I could never support Sanders or any from his brand.

Unfortunately if you are 100% sincere in this statement, you are a part of the reason why the Democratic Party as we know it will be confined to the Presidential electoral dustbin of history....

I don't believe that I have ever been condescending and insulting towards Clinton supporters on this Forum....

If you haven't yet digested the results from the 2016 Presidential General Election, it's pretty clear that the path forward for the Democratic Party is shifting to the populist Left, and regardless of your personal opinion about Bernie or the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party, the Dems are going to continue to get their butt's kicked if they continue to roll with the corporate Neo-Liberal DLC style of politics that has dominated the National Party since after the defeat of '88.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »

For the record, since Clinton has proven herself as a bad candidate, it would be better to go with the possible risk but big reward of Bernie Sanders. I would support Bernie and if I could redo the primary I would not support Hillary Clinton.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »

I'd love to see the map in a round 2, but I don't think Hillary is that obtuse to run again
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »

"I'd like this candidate BUT ONLY if their supporters are nicer to me on the internet" was repeated constantly through 2016 and it still makes me think you're a absolute nerd for saying it.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2017, 12:51:25 PM »

"I'd like this candidate BUT ONLY if their supporters are nicer to me on the internet" was repeated constantly through 2016 and it still makes me think you're a absolute nerd for saying it.

Ain't that the goddamn truth
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »

35 idiots want to lose again?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »

If Trump were running for re-election against Hillary and it was held today, Hillary would almost certainly win, by 2012 margins, if not 2008.

Obviously, that could change by November 2020, but it probably won't. I'm not saying we should Hillary in 2020, just that I doubt she'll blow it if we do.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »

If Trump were running for re-election against Hillary and it was held today, Hillary would almost certainly win, by 2012 margins, if not 2008.

Obviously, that could change by November 2020, but it probably won't. I'm not saying we should Hillary in 2020, just that I doubt she'll blow it if we do.

Everyone on atlas told me Clinton would win 100% in 2016...So how can I actually believe she would win next time? (Also Trump will be long gone in 2020)
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2017, 01:46:04 AM by Shadows »

Ohh she will absolutely blow it again if the whole strategy is Trump being bad. For one, if HRC wins the nomination again, there will be a massive defection of people form the Bernie wing, some of whom will feel all that activism & everything is worth nothing & the party is not worth saving anymore & the Greens will get their best result plus many people will not vote. Noway will HRC winning again will be accepted.

Then she will have everyone of those problems that she had - She is fundamentally dishonest, she lies, she sells access in her foundation for money, she is a horrible orator, she has no emotional empathy, she is a poor campaigner, she is totally tied to big money, she doesn't have the health to campaign vigorously across states etc etc - 2020 will again be about 2 Terrible candidates, 1 who is so power hungry that she can't take a GE loss to freaking Trump & wants to run again!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2017, 05:07:54 AM »

This time Bernie. I have some disagreements with him, but we're through with Hillary. I want a candidate who hasn't lost to Donald Trump already.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:44 AM »

How have you not been warned yet? Stop insulting people, at least try to keep the forum civil.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

How have you not been warned yet? Stop insulting people, at least try to keep the forum civil.

Doesn't make it any less true.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2017, 05:29:08 PM »

She'd lose by three points.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »

Undecideds wouldn't break evenly when Trump has a 53% disapproval rating. This is irrelevant anyway.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »

Undecideds wouldn't break evenly when Trump has a 53% disapproval rating. This is irrelevant anyway.

Her favorability is lower than Trump's right now. (Source)

A more recent Harvard-Harris poll had it at 43/52 compared to Trump's 44/51. Statistical noise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies