Is war now imminent?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:22:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is war now imminent?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Is war now imminent?  (Read 2599 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »

Yes, imminent.

They just had a story on Australian news saying Trump will use the nuclear option.

The dolphins in the Sea of Japan just can't catch a break.

Are you sure the "nuclear option" wasn't about Gorsuch's confirmation?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 01:46:24 AM »

No.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 02:24:31 AM »

Yes. Trump will utilize a military option against North Korea. I think it will actually go well because North Korea's military is overblown and it is a tiny nation who's nuclear facilities could probably be identified in advance.

Trump has been signaling a war with North Korea since before his inauguration. I'm pretty sure he plans to bomb North Korea and the generals are drawing up plans. I'm sure they're doing backchannel talks to have China stay on the sidelines as North Korea gets walloped.

Could be wrong though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 02:35:29 AM »

Yes. Trump will utilize a military option against North Korea. I think it will actually go well because North Korea's military is overblown and it is a tiny nation who's nuclear facilities could probably be identified in advance.

Trump has been signaling a war with North Korea since before his inauguration. I'm pretty sure he plans to bomb North Korea and the generals are drawing up plans. I'm sure they're doing backchannel talks to have China stay on the sidelines as North Korea gets walloped.

Could be wrong though.

It's possible that's what Trump thinks he's doing.

But does anyone without major mental disorders think the people who planned Obamacare's repeal are going to do better against a paranoid nation with FOUR WMD programs?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:57 AM »

Besides Hoover and Carter, when hasn't it been?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:00 AM »

Trump accused Hillary of being a war hawk yet there's talk of him starting the 1st nuclear war in 70 years.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 03:19:11 AM »

Could be wrong though.

It's possible that's what Trump thinks he's doing.

But does anyone without major mental disorders think the people who planned Obamacare's repeal are going to do better against a paranoid nation with FOUR WMD programs?

Don't assume Trump will fail. He will have no restrictions on his military powers and North Korea is an impoverished nation with under-powered military and potentially traitorous officials who will turn on Kim Jong-Un if they see America preparing to use military might.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 06:09:51 AM »

I thought this was a joke at first.

WTF?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 08:33:47 AM »

It's weird how blind some of you are to the fact that, like some others have already said, we're already at war and we've been at war.  You can't have supported Obama and the Clintons and be against war (unless you're really really ignorant).  I mean, I guess you might THINK you're against war I guess, but yeah, you're not really voting that way.  (but muh lesser of two ebils!)

Again, 26,000 is the number of bombs Obama dropped LAST YEAR.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »

It's weird how blind some of you are to the fact that, like some others have already said, we're already at war and we've been at war.  You can't have supported Obama and the Clintons and be against war (unless you're really really ignorant).  I mean, I guess you might THINK you're against war I guess, but yeah, you're not really voting that way.  (but muh lesser of two ebils!)

Again, 26,000 is the number of bombs Obama dropped LAST YEAR.

He didn't drop them on people with well-developed biological, chemical, and TWO nuclear weapons programs. He dropped them on areas in chaos, not in places that are currently at peace. He dropped them in areas where functioning government had ALREADY collapsed. (Mostly because of actions by a previous REPUBLICAN president.)

I'm no fan of war, or of how Obama enabled the US military-corporate complex. But trying to pretend that President Pussygrabber starting a war (and subsequent disaster) with North Korea from scratch is acceptable because of Obama's actions in ongoing civil wars and failed states is exactly the kind of false-equivalency nonsense I expect from Trumpot's deplorable cultists.

If he starts a war on the Korean peninsula, he should be tried for war crimes and end his term dangling from a rope. (And for the record, I think it would be just for Obama and Bush to face the same thing.)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »

The wars we have been involved in generally deal with thousands of casualities. One on the Korean peninsula could deal with millions. Not really comparable.

Is it imminent? Normally I would say no since Kim Jung Un is a blowhard idiot like his father who just wants attention. The problem is Trump is also a blowhard idiot who wants attention. With no rational leadwr among the two it is hard to predict the outcome.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »

"oh yeah, well, Obama and the Clintons are warmongerers, sure, but it's a slow war that only kills thousands at a go...so it's perfectly ok for me to support them AND be anti-war and not look like an asshole.  Plus, Trump said a mean thing to the Norks, so that means we're close to war, that never happened with Obama or Bill." 

Great logic there guys, I suppose it helps you sleep.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 05:50:18 PM »

I have a feeling that a confrontation with casualties is bound to happen.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »

In all honesty, I think we came closer to war during the 2010 Island shelling and the senkakus are the biggest future risk in the region
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »

Can we please not clog up this thread with meaningless pedantry.

We get it, technically the US has been at war for a long time. Stop acting like drone strikes and spec-ops deployments are "just like" being in a major shooting war with North Korea.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »

We get it, technically the US has been at war for a long time. Stop acting like drone strikes and spec-ops deployments are "just like" being in a major shooting war with North Korea.

Yes. That's like... well... one of my many analogies that get me moderated...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

It's time to deal with North Korea.

Gerard Butler style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNN_I0PvAs
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 03:35:22 AM »

It's not war if it involves dropping bombs on brown people, of course.  Then it's just business as usual.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies