Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:41:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Gabbard refuses to pin chemical weapons attack on Assad  (Read 5748 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 02:37:59 AM »

If you think that Spain sunk the Maine, North Vietnam started the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and that Iraq had WMD, you will be very mad at Gabbard here.

If you think the Ukrainians shot down MH-17, there are no Russian forces in eastern Ukraine, and Russia didn't hack the US election, you will agree with Gabbard here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 02:44:13 AM »

If you think that Spain sunk the Maine, North Vietnam started the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and that Iraq had WMD, you will be very mad at Gabbard here.

If you think the Ukrainians shot down MH-17, there are no Russian forces in eastern Ukraine, and Russia didn't hack the US election, you will agree with Gabbard here.

Well, the 3rd one is true, Russia didn't hack the election.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 03:22:41 AM »

WTF is your point, the Al-Assad government uses fycking chemical weapons.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 05:09:44 AM »

The 2020 election will be a choice between a Putin agent and a Bashar Assad/Modi agent.

...or maybe it's possible that there might actually be relevant issues besides who the candidate endorsed in 2016. DailyKos was a pretty pro-Sanders site and they hate Tulsi as much as they hated Joe Lieberman in 2006.

Yes there will be such issues, and Tulsi will "be" on the right side of all of them, because she's the type of instinctive politician that does that sort of thing. Believe me, she is the frontrunner.

"Believe you" like you said that Sarah Palin was essentially guaranteed to be the 2012 GOP nominee and that Sanders was the frontrunner who'd carry New York last year? Sure.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »

Casting doubt on the "maybe they bombed chemical plants, and it was released accidentally" theory:

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-explanation-for-syria-chemical-weapons-attack-2017-4

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »

Assad would be an idiot to use chemical weapons.  I mean, he saw what happened to his neighbor just because people thought he had chemical weapons.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »

If she wins the nomination (lol) I'm voting Green. Can't support this deplorable Assad agent.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 11:34:46 PM »

Looks like she's also a supporter of al-Sisi: https://twitter.com/LeanOnAndLead/status/849055820906024960/
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »

Here's Gabbard's interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/wolf-blitzer-presses-democratic-rep-who-met-with-assad-who-do-you-blame-for-those-deaths/

She'll be back on CNN Sunday as a guest on "State of the Union".  If nothing else, these events have given her some national TV time.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »

She's terrible.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »

She should be removed from the party. This does not represent normal American values or Democratic party values.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »

Great interview. I like her stance on this issue, but yeah... the idea that she has any chance of winning the Democratic nomination is ridiculous.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »

she's treacherous scum
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 12:29:15 AM »

The war-mongering left who support this attack are going to be loving the McCain's, Cheney's & Bolton's foreign policy very soon. This is why Iraq Vote got 75 votes. Huge money wasted, innocent people killed in a stupid strike because someone people are naive to think it will "deter" Assad in the future. If anything, this will escalate into an even bigger mess.

Why on earth are they not asking for an International Investigation or for the proof of Assad behind this attack to be placed in front of everyone & form an international coalition to deal with Assad instead of unilateral attacks !
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

What's crazy is there are posters who I otherwise like who view Gabbard as the best possible 2020 candidate.

Who exactly? The only people here I see who tout her as such are:

-Blue avatars and open Trump supporters.
-Fairly banal red avatars with triple digit post counts who mostly just quote empty #analysis about as insightful as your average Kingpoleon post.
-True Leftist boneheads who are about as progressive as Michael Tracey or H.A. Goodman.

... Oh no! BRTD isn't popular with "fairly banal red avatars with triple digit post counts"! He better lash out at me lest he look weak.
MM876
Rookie
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2017, 02:22:45 AM by MM876 »

I really don't think this is that bad. There's nothing here saying Assad is innocent, it merely leaves the possibility open, and given that the alternative is a probable rush to war I think that it's fair to be cautious here. Nonetheless, expressing this publicly might not be the smartest move politically.

If she runs in 2020 I doubt this would hurt her.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2017, 01:52:46 AM »

What's crazy is there are posters who I otherwise like who view Gabbard as the best possible 2020 candidate.

Who exactly? The only people here I see who tout her as such are:

-Blue avatars and open Trump supporters.
-Fairly banal red avatars with triple digit post counts who mostly just quote empty #analysis about as insightful as your average Kingpoleon post.
-True Leftist boneheads who are about as progressive as Michael Tracey or H.A. Goodman.

... Oh no! BRTD isn't popular with "fairly banal red avatars with triple digit post counts"! He better lash out at me lest he look weak.

The key to winning in California: Run a prominent former Bush Administration official!

Rice would gather a strong coalition of ~65% of whites, 40% of blacks, and about ~45-50% of Hispanics. I wish she would run. Newsom and Brown are too strong for her to beat them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »

Dean says that Gabbard's comments on Assad are bad enough that she "should not be in Congress":

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/850895059771957248
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »

Dean says that Gabbard's comments on Assad are bad enough that she "should not be in Congress":

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/850895059771957248

She is really naive for a veteran as well. Going to Syria to try to "solve" something is onwrong thing but bring ambiguous on the chemical attack is another. Why mention it at all if you don't know, which she should considering it has been confirmed via intelligence she has most likely read. She is playing politics too much on this issue and would not be a decisive leader if she becomes POTUS.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2017, 05:22:32 PM »

Jesus all the outrage over this?!? The evidence hasn't even come out yet that the Syrian government did the recent chemical attack but being cautious and waiting for the evidence to come out is reason for her to be kicked out of office?! This is goddamn insane!! It's obvious they are using this as an excuse to kick her out of Congress over her criticism over the DNC.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2017, 07:02:40 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

Jesus all the outrage over this?!? The evidence hasn't even come out yet that the Syrian government did the recent chemical attack but being cautious and waiting for the evidence to come out is reason for her to be kicked out of office?! This is goddamn insane!! It's obvious they are using this as an excuse to kick her out of Congress over her criticism over the DNC.

See:  

Casting doubt on the "maybe they bombed chemical plants, and it was released accidentally" theory:

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-explanation-for-syria-chemical-weapons-attack-2017-4

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »

More Howard Dean criticism of Gabbard:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/no-different-than-trump-with-putin-howard-dean-says-tulsi-gabbard-should-resign-for-defending-assad/

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2017, 07:52:57 PM »

Well gee, maybe she could make it less easy to draw ire against her by not doing things like coddling Hindutva fascists or going to personally meet Assad and have that trip be funded by an anti-Semitic Middle Eastern fascist group.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »

Assad would be an idiot to use chemical weapons.  I mean, he saw what happened to his neighbor just because people thought he had chemical weapons.

Worth a read.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »

Clinton hack Neera Tanden & Former Dem leader & current lobbyist Howard Dean are asking for Gabbard to be defeated in a primary.

"People of Hawaii's 2nd District -- was it not enough for you that your rep met with a murderous dictator? Will this move you?" Tanden tweeted Friday in response to Gabbard's comments on CNN that she is "skeptical" Assad is responsible for the chemical attack.

Dean compared Gabbard's comments to President Donald Trump's Twitter blasts. "This is a disgrace. Gabbard should not be in Congress," the former Vermont governor tweeted. He later added, "She sounds like Trump making excuses."

Neera Tanden is on a Twitter spree. I don't agree with Gabbard here but I remember in Wikileaks exposing Tanden & others that all funding will be pulled from Gabbard & her being threatened about her political career. The power hungry Clinton machine maintains a hit list of political opponents who have refused to toe the line & it looks like Gabbard may be top of the list.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies