"Republicans are going to wish Hillary Clinton won" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:25:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Republicans are going to wish Hillary Clinton won" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Republicans are going to wish Hillary Clinton won"  (Read 4242 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 11, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »

I remember after Trump winning, I always thought it would be a pyrrhic victory. Yeah, the GOP might get a couple of bills here and there and they can have Gorsuch on SCOTUS for all I care but the long term implications of Trump's presidency is terrible for their party. People are tired of trickle down, tax cuts, small gubmint, and in general Conservative talking points about why they should vote Republican. The GOP talking about these things today is like the Democrats still reminding voters of the New Deal in the lead up to Reagan getting elected. All of the once strong organizations that propped up the Republican party are flailing: Fox News, CPAC, Evangelical committees, etc...

Don't forget that most of the alt right/pro Russia media presence will turn on Trump if he keeps governing like a globalist cuckservative (Syria strikes, just signed off on Montenegro joining NATO, etc.) He cannot afford to lose this group of people. Not because they're large in numbers; but because they have such a strong media presence and a lot of white baby boomers are consuming what they're putting out on their  social media feeds. This is a huge problem if he loses their support and if they start actively attacking him because it will reach Trump voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies