ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:14:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47
Author Topic: ND-SEN: But you are, Blanche, you are  (Read 107191 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:39:20 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2018, 01:53:39 PM by Brittain33 »

More evidence that she should announce very soon...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/heidi-heitkamp-fundraising-236882

Unfortunately, no Republican has announced a bid yet, which may be a sign of things to come. It's probably Heitkamp's race to lose.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »

Go Heitkamp!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 01:42:35 PM »

More evidence that she should announce very soon...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/heidi-heitkamp-fundraising-236882

Unfortunately, no Republican has announced a bid yet, which may be a sign of things to come. It's probably Heitkamp's race to lose.
Yeah, I agree pretty much. Cramer should announce, and if he passes, State Sen. Tom Campbell, who plans to run for a federal drive next year, is decent fallback.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »

Yeah, I agree pretty much. Cramer should announce, and if he passes, State Sen. Tom Campbell, who plans to run for a federal drive next year, is decent fallback.

I could also see Rick Becker winning in an upset, kinda like Doug Burgum. I think he would be the underdog in the general election, but I wouldn't underestimate him.

Honestly, I'm beginning to feel more optimistic about Republican chances in MT than ND, lol.
I don't really like Rick Becker, he seems too, eccentric, if you get what I'm saying. He's also a free market ideologue and seems hostile to Native American interests, as well as Agricultural subsidies, which will really hurt him, especially the latter, since the state greatly benefits from them.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »

Heitkamp can survive, it will just require her to put in a lot of work.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »

Heitkamp is a fighter, and I think a good enough one that she can win. Narrowly, of course, but she's been able to out-perform the national trends both in her Senate race and in her long-ago gubernatorial race (even though she lost it). And of course her campaigns for state AG didn't hurt either.
Klartext89

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »

$ 1.6 Million will be the amount of money that GOP outside Groups will spend in ND every day in October and November 2018. This tells us nothing. It will all come down to the GOP candidate. If it's a low energy guy like Rick Berg, she may survive. If not, she'll lose by 5 or more.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »

Heitkamp can survive, it will just require her to put in a lot of work.

If there's anyone who has a proven record of doing extreme amounts of campaign groundwork when necessary, it's Heidi Heitkamp. Remember in 2012 the ND Senate election was on barely anyone's radar but she came out of nowhere to unexpectedly win because was an;e to win the votes of 20% of Romney's own voters in ND
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:58 AM »

That's a lot of cash to already have for anyone, let alone a senator from North Dakota
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:28 AM »

$ 1.6 Million will be the amount of money that GOP outside Groups will spend in ND every day in October and November 2018. This tells us nothing. It will all come down to the GOP candidate. If it's a low energy guy like Rick Berg, she may survive. If not, she'll lose by 5 or more.

Bear in mind that North Dakota is one of those few states where it's possible for a candidate to have personally met a sizable percentage of the electorate.

Not for nothing that ND and MT were the two Senate races Nate Silver called wrong in 2012.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »

Yeah, I agree with the people in this thread. How anyone can think that this is an easier pickup for the GOP than IN or MO is beyond me. Even in a good year for Republicans and if Trump's approvals are in the high 60s in ND, I think that this is one of the races that will probably stay Democratic, kinda like VA in 2014. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a state like FL or WI went Republican before ND.

If Heitkamp wins in 2018, I have little doubt that she will become a lifer. Thank you, Rick Berg. This is why open seats in supposedly "red" states should never, never, never be taken for granted by the Republican Party.
Yeah I really think Rick Berg is at fault. He should have just ran for reelection, and Cramer should have gone for this seat. Or Kalk, Schmidt, Wrigley, etc. the bench was big. Trying to jump to the upper chamber immediately after entering the lower chamber looks so bad, in general.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »

Yeah, I agree with the people in this thread. How anyone can think that this is an easier pickup for the GOP than IN or MO is beyond me. Even in a good year for Republicans and if Trump's approvals are in the high 60s in ND, I think that this is one of the races that will probably stay Democratic, kinda like VA in 2014. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a state like FL or WI went Republican before ND.

If Heitkamp wins in 2018, I have little doubt that she will become a lifer. Thank you, Rick Berg. This is why open seats in supposedly "red" states should never, never, never be taken for granted by the Republican Party.
Yeah I really think Rick Berg is at fault. He should have just ran for reelection, and Cramer should have gone for this seat. Or Kalk, Schmidt, Wrigley, etc. the bench was big. Trying to jump to the upper chamber immediately after entering the lower chamber looks so bad, in general.
Many others did it with zero problems.  Berg is just a bad candidate. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »

Impressive, but we've learned that money isn't everything, and ND could very well just be too Republican for her to win, at this point.
JMT

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »

Steve Daines and Tom Cotton may disagree with you there.
Rjjr77
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »

That's a lot of cash to already have for anyone, let alone a senator from North Dakota

Not really, that's pretty much on par with what a small state incumbent should have at this point in their term.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »

Turning this into a ND Senate Race thread:

Cramer: Spicer Hitler comment 'not without some validity'
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »

Jesus Christ
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »

lmao. Cramer's Kirk moment came early.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »

If Cramer says more stupid things like this, Heitkamp may have a chance, but assuming that her personality/ideology alone is going to be enough to carry her to victory in a Trump +35 state is foolish.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »

Cramer may not even be interested in the Senate:

It's likely any other major challengers will wait until Cramer makes a decision before they announce a run themselves. The longer he waits, they longer Heitkamp has to get a leg up on fundraising.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 11:10:13 PM »

I think this is the most tossup race, with odds against McCaskill and Donnelly, and odds in favor of the other incumbents.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »

CNN: Nervous about GOP congressman, Republicans woo new North Dakota Senate candidate

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/kevin-cramer-north-dakota-senate/
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »

If Heitkamp pulls off a 2012-style McCaskill victory, I will flip out.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »

Tilt R now, I guess.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »

ahahaha i knew it. Cramer is a trash candidate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies